Melbourne Football

AFC Asian Cup 2015

Nate

Last time I was at a socceroos game, the Saudi Arabia supporters outsung the aussies by about five times as much- it was incredible. I don't even know if there is any active support coordinated for this tournament

I saw on the seating plan that we have an active area but without trying to be obnoxious or sour, Australia's active support has typically been incredibly shit so I'm not expecting much. 

I don't know much about Kuwait support but I'm sure they'll be a noisy and passionate bunch, looking forward to it.

Done some research- there is nothing- no active support for the asian cup.

This has always been a real blight on our national team IMO

I understand its very hard to co-ordinate and there really is so few home games that the socceroos play.

But the problem I think more lies in the fact that the people going to the socceroos matches are of a totally different demographic to the a-league. Much less supporters with ethnic background and generally the supporters seem to be bogan aussies wearing wallabies shirts or living the dream still from 2006. 

The socceroos matches are almost a novelty each time which causes such a crowd to occur.

Very sticky situation not helped the least by the large size of our country and by the fact that association football is very different from rugby, cricket etc for supporters.

Even thinking to myself, what if I started a chant at these matches- we really don't have any general chants and the fact is the people in these bays just don't get up and chant- nor do they have any interest in doing so. Really frustrating

It gets me to a point where I will even suggest that we could well lose our home advantage- (what I see as the key reason why we could go far in this competition) as we are being outsung by the opposition

Really feel in some ways that socceroos matches take many steps back from all the hard work put in to the a-league

• Like 1

Group B seems like a really interesting one to watch with any of the 4 clubs good enough to make it through to the next stage. 

Hard to look past Uzbekistan and the Saudis but China is on a bit of a winning streak lately and might finally be on the verge of waking up. No idea who'll win it.

When does the Opening Ceremony start? Would mind checking out Havana Brown perform.... as well as "checking" her out too.

Gates open 5.30pm but no idea when anything starts. 

Havana Brown is nice on the eyes but not overly interesting music-wise.

starting XI is out, only question mark in the selection is Massimo Luongo. Hasnt offered much nor has he impressed me from what ive seen at international level so far, although im guessing he must be doing well at club level to get the nod? dont watch many League 1 games

Edited by Victards

Keen to watch North Korea tomorrow

It will explain Kim's absence in the past few months at the helm as he will appear as the lone striker up front for his country, he'll score a hatrick and the northerners will claim he is footballing God

He already is. Didn't he score that famous double hattrick vs portugal in the world cup final?

Keen to watch North Korea tomorrow

It will explain Kim's absence in the past few months at the helm as he will appear as the lone striker up front for his country, he'll score a hatrick and the northerners will claim he is footballing God

Isnt it because they had to film "The Interview"?