Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

I don't understand the comment "he hasn't done enough to warrant selection" ... if you use that argument then you could apply that to Valeri, Milligan, and Kruse, who are players that occupy that middle part of the field.

Kruse is coming back from a serious knee injury and hasn't played more than 10min since coming back.. I though Ange had a policy "if you don't play you don't get selected.. seems he is picking players based on reputation rather than form..

Valeri's selection is the real "WTF"

Mooy has been a consistent performer ever since retuning to the A-league, as well as playing in the last 2 grand finals... One final thing I would say on this is .. For those of you who have not seen Mooy play live, go and watch him. In my opinion he is like having another Marquee player at our club.. his all class...

It had to be said / Typed

I don't understand the comment "he hasn't done enough to warrant selection" ... if you use that argument then you could apply that to Valeri, Milligan, and Kruse, who are players that occupy that middle part of the field.

Kruse is coming back from a serious knee injury and hasn't played more than 10min since coming back.. I though Ange had a policy "if you don't play you don't get selected.. seems he is picking players based on reputation rather than form..

Mooy has been a consistent performer ever since retuning to the A-league, as well as playing in the last 2 grand finals... One final thing I would say on this is .. For those of you who have not seen Mooy play live, go and watch him. In my opinion he is like having another Marquee player at our club.. his all class...

He hasn't had all that much game time at wsw or in England. Neither has he been the main man for his club. Milligan has, plus posta previously managed milligan.

Kruse has played well for Australia when called up and played well in Germany when picked. Mooy will get there but he needs to prove he can boss an a league game on a consistent basis. Which Ai am sure he will this season

Mooy has been a consistent performer ever since retuning to the A-league, as well as playing in the last 2 grand finals... One final thing I would say on this is .. For those of you who have not seen Mooy play live, go and watch him. In my opinion he is like having another Marquee player at our club.. his all class...

He hasn't had all that much game time at wsw or in England. Neither has he been the main man for his club. Milligan has, plus posta previously managed milligan.

Kruse has played well for Australia when called up and played well in Germany when picked. Mooy will get there but he needs to prove he can boss an a league game on a consistent basis. Which Ai am sure he will this season

to be fair to Ange, he has gone 14 from 20 from Europe in a squad playing in Belgium on Sept 4 (2 weeks from now).  then there is Tim Cahill, and then there is an Auusie based in Korea (Robbie Cornthwaite) - both of which are mid season.  given our league doesnt play until October (where as most European leagues are underway / just about are) i dont see how there is so much hype here.

and for the blokes from the A League, Milligan was at the WC whilst Juric and WSW are currently in the ACL - both should have decent fitness.  

to be worried about Valeri and Antonis is to make a mountain out of a mole hill.  Ange has never coached either at senior club level.  

as far as i'm concerned, he would be wanting to see where most of these guys are at 4 months from the Asian Cup.

plus, why the fuck would you drag a significant number of A League players half way around the world for a friendly while the A League is still quite well and truly outta season?  Ange might as well test the waters with those in Europe.

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 4

Ange has actually got me interested in watching our national team again. Until that changes he can pick who he wants.

If Mooy dominates like we expect then he'll get his call up.

What?  gallant defeats?  

Just having a crack and taking the game to other nations. Giving opportunities to younger players with genuine potential other than relying on blokes who were good players 8 years ago.

No chance that Holger would have picked him.

• Like 1

Ange has actually got me interested in watching our national team again. Until that changes he can pick who he wants.

If Mooy dominates like we expect then he'll get his call up.

What?  gallant defeats?  

Just having a crack and taking the game to other nations. Giving opportunities to younger players with genuine potential other than relying on blokes who were good players 8 years ago.

No chance that Holger would have picked him.

I agree that its exciting to get new players in, along with a more attacking mindset.

In the mature football nations, Internationals are about 3 things only:

1.  Results

2.  Results

3.  Results.

Cahill is flying half way across the world because Postecoglou knows that with Leckie's poor finishing and Kruse being in recovery, we don't have much of a chance of scoring.  If we can't score, we can't win.

But I think we as fans we all will mature a lot under Postecoglous.  If the losses mount up, as they are starting to, I think we will all learn what Internationals are really about.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A foreigner has won it for the last 6 seasons though

So the Aussies are due! haha

How is Janko fourth favourite ($12) when he hasn't even played a game yet?

My money's on Duff ($13) or Finkler ($9) with Mooy ($26) as my outside bet.

Duff was initially who I was going to put my bet on, but when I seen Mooy wasn't there I asked them to put him in thinking he was going to be like $101, which i wouldn't have been able to resist.