Melbourne Football

The Jason Hoffman Appreciation thread

Ando

• 3 weeks later...

After he got carded, he had to back off

Made some nice overlapping runs but the crosses were below par

He was backing off before he got carded.  Ben Falafel was having a field day on him.

Hardly ever passes forward.

Never in the right place to allow us to play out form the back.  Back passes to the keeper.

He's been serviceable in a shit team, but we are not a to 4 side with Hoffman at RB.

He was backing off before he got carded.  Ben Falafel was having a field day on him.

Never in the right place to allow us to play out form the back.  Back passes to the keeper.

He's been serviceable in a shit team, but we are not a to 4 side with Hoffman at RB.

Holy moly- are you me in disguise?

That is EXACTLY what I was saying to my mate at the game last night.  Just watch the difference between Hoffman and Garuccio when they receive the ball from the CB. Garuccio opens his body up and turns forward to play forward, whereas Hoffman just faces where the ball comes from and takes his first touch the same way.. he is technically a really really bad player. He also so regularly runs INSIDE the Right Winger when 'overlapping' and takes the space they are trying to move into. A wing-back should 95% of the time, overlap to the outside of the winger as that is where the space is, and it also allows the winger the chance to use that decoy to cut inside.

Hoffman actually stands behind players when we are trying to play out from the back, and is so often unavailable for what should be a simple pass to feet. I think he is so lacking in confidence and composure  that he actually doesn't want the ball. There was a hilarious moment last night when he won the ball in defence, looked up with nobody in front of him and galloped forward as fast as he could with the ball. Then as the defence gradually started to close him down (about 40 yards out), he just passed/booted it straight forward, nowhere near anyone and out for a goal kick. Any professional player should have the composure to stick  their foot on the ball in that situation, relax and find a team mates feet in order to build the attack from there. This guy is too stupid to do that. He reminds me of a greyhound puppy- all action, but no brain.

Edited by tommac

Holy moly- are you me in disguise?

That is EXACTLY what I was saying to my mate at the game last night.  Just watch the difference between Hoffman and Garuccio when they receive the ball from the CB. Garuccio opens his body up and turns forward to play forward, whereas Hoffman just faces where the ball comes from and takes his first touch the same way.. he is technically a really really bad player. He also so regularly runs INSIDE the Right Winger when 'overlapping' and takes the space they are trying to move into. A wing-back should 95% of the time, overlap to the outside of the winger as that is where the space is, and it also allows the winger the chance to use that decoy to cut inside.

Hoffman actually stands behind players when we are trying to play out from the back, and is so often unavailable for what should be a simple pass to feet. I think he is so lacking in confidence and composure  that he actually doesn't want the ball. There was a hilarious moment last night when he won the ball in defence, looked up with nobody in front of him and galloped forward as fast as he could with the ball. Then as the defence gradually started to close him down (about 40 yards out), he just passed/booted it straight forward, nowhere near anyone and out for a goal kick. Any professional player should have the composure to stick  their foot on the ball in that situation, relax and find a team mates feet in order to build the attack from there. This guy is too stupid to do that. He reminds me of a greyhound puppy- all action, but no brain.

Hoffman and Dugandzic just do not work properly together as a RW pair. They just do not read each other at all. But, once again, we're supposed to be dissecting each match by video review, and these positioning and technical issues should be being addressed by our coaching staff.

THE HOFF ON BOZZA'S TEAM OF THE WEEK

SIT THE FUCK DOWN CHAPS

Kids!

Don't do drugs!!!!!

haha Bozza's team of the week, with Kisnorbo and Hoffman in it. Chapman clearly outperformed Kisnorbo, and Hoffman played one good cross in 90 minutes of absolute tripe. $10,000 +/week habit clearly can warp the mind... though Bozza actually talks more sense than Robbie Slater and Andy Harper combined. Don;t know what their excuses are

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hoff did well not to headbutt the turd.

Hoff has got to be careful in a situation like that.  He goes to tap berisha, suddenly the guy's airborne, flying across the ground and ends up either dead or crippled and poor old Hoff gets suspended and maybe even charged.  A man of his capability has to be very careful indeed.

• Like 1