Melbourne Football

R12 - MHFC v Wellington - Friday 27th Dec - 7.30pm

Caddy

Another game, another shit performance. Tonight just encapsulated Aloisi's reign, from the team selection, playing style, 'tactics' missed chances, player anxiety that has never been addressed by JA (or JVS before him). Poor defence, and as usual, an absent midfield - nothing special about tonight really. Will anything change? Of course not, he'll select the same 11 players next week.

Kudos to Yarraside, great support on what might have been an important night. 

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Absolutely fucking devastated with that performance.

Stayed back for about 15 minutes with the rest of most of the Yarraside to give the board and Aloisi a piece of my mind, not that they'll listen. Got a nice close-up for about 20 seconds on TV for my troubles, that's probably the highlight of this season...how depressing.

What did you do?

Stayed back for about 15 minutes with the rest of most of the Yarraside to give the board and Aloisi a piece of my mind, not that they'll listen. Got a nice close-up for about 20 seconds on TV for my troubles, that's probably the highlight of this season...how depressing.

What did you do?

The footage was probably of me going off about the players not coming over/the board treating us like mugs for goodness knows how long.

I haven't seen it myself yet, just been sent lots of pictures...

What did you do?

The footage was probably of me going off about the players not coming over/the board treating us like mugs for goodness knows how long.

I haven't seen it myself yet, just been sent lots of pictures...

km, that footage will forever be the face of the true Melbourne heart supporter under the aloisi reign of disaster. You can't buy that passion...well done loved seeing you give it to aloisi

• Like 3

Before individual performances are looked at we as a team created far more chances and they were excellent chances, to score. Possession was similar, but then they come up and have 2-3 chances, one of them clear cut where we fuck up defensively and they give a goal that's the same bullshit that's been happening all season. When things aren't going your way it's like an uphill battle. Right now the team needs JA out, the team needs a shake up, some fresh ideas and they need to see a sports psychologist to get them over this, because you can't go this many games without winning and still beleive. Belief needs proof that you can do it and that you can win.

Willo from two metres in front of the goal miss kicks it. Willo has an option to header the ball across the face of goal to 2 heart players on the six yard box, doesn't, and instead takes an extra touch and fucks it. Other players having shots for goal and not keeping the fucking thing on the ground, basic 101 football. This is player error, not JAs. You can't say Willos miss is Aloisis fault. That should have been 1-0 to us, simple as that.

Wielaert, why oh why he didn't press their player just before they gave a goal, instead he stands 5 metres away from him and gives him time to cross!!! Secondly gerhardt goes to run towards the front post instead of covering the player outside the six yard box. What are these players thinking? Sometimes I swear they have no idea. As a result Hoffman is then late to pick him up and it ends up an easy tap in. Wielaert and gerhardt both good and poor in patches.

In saying that one of our best players on the pitch was actually Hoffman. He released mifsud and duga numerous times down that right hand side towards goal scoring opportunities, had quite a few interceptions, one of them that almost led to a goal. He would always keep the ball on the deck unless he had to clear it long and besides a few off touches had a very good game.

Murdocca as player of the match, please give me a break. The guy made so many errors in the middle of the pitch. Why does he persist to run at one of our players and then pass it to them? By doing that he is drawing the opponent closer to the person he is going to pass it to. Pass the fucking thing first time! Absolutely crazy.

Mifsud is easy to sum up. Cannot play 'club' football. Made some great runs but again his offside positioning is doing my head in. In the first half that chance when kewell kept that ball in play on the left wing and made a through ball, I can't believe mifsud can't see what kewell might attempt. On a positive for the first time this season he did out dribble an opposition player. His touch is still very average.

Behich made some good runs into the box, but fucked up an amazing chance in the second half to put a through ball to mifsud and didn't which would have been a one on one with the keeper.

Mate has just lost all confidence to run at defenders.

Kewell and kalmar weren't was weren't good or bad. Both had average games.

Ramsay. Fuck the clown that brought this guy here, seriously should look at different career path.

Redmayne. Poor distribution especially in the first half.

• Like 1

What did you do?

I haven't seen it myself yet, just been sent lots of pictures... km, that footage will forever be the face of the true Melbourne heart supporter under the aloisi reign of disaster. You can't buy that passion...well done loved seeing you give it to aloisi

The few seconds I turned away from the tv I must've missed it. Spewing!

What did you do? The footage was probably of me going off about the players not coming over/the board treating us like mugs for goodness knows how long.

I haven't seen it myself yet, just been sent lots of pictures... km, that footage will forever be the face of the true Melbourne heart supporter under the aloisi reign of disaster. You can't buy that passion...well done loved seeing you give it to aloisi

The few seconds I turned away from the tv I must've missed it. Spewing!

Haha Cheers SH! I just feel bad for everyone who's been pouring their money and time in and have copped nothing but empty promises and losses in return. We deserve better than this shit and we're not going to get it under Munn, Sidwell and co. Hopefully this sale is more than a rumour and we're being moved on to someone that actually cares about this sport and who wants to build this club into the monster it can be.

Tony, I managed to find the footage on the FoxSports News update on Foxtel if you want to have a look it's during the interview with that dud Aloisi.

Fucking embarrassment. 

The complete lack of tactics tonight was painfully evident. I could've driven a truck through our midfield. No structure or plan to put the ball into the back of the net. 

Wellington played like it was a training drill. Parts of the match were dominated by Wellington knocking the ball around the midfield and forward third. No real pressure or hard tackling from any of our players.

As per usual, Aloisi made no attempt to control the game and tell the boys to pass it through them, like a football side should. We dropped long balls over their defenders. Very inefficient and far too basic.

What did you do?The footage was probably of me going off about the players not coming over/the board treating us like mugs for goodness knows how long.

I haven't seen it myself yet, just been sent lots of pictures...km, that footage will forever be the face of the true Melbourne heart supporter under the aloisi reign of disaster. You can't buy that passion...well done loved seeing you give it to aloisi The few seconds I turned away from the tv I must've missed it. Spewing!

Haha Cheers SH! I just feel bad for everyone who's been pouring their money and time in and have copped nothing but empty promises and losses in return. We deserve better than this shit and we're not going to get it under Munn, Sidwell and co. Hopefully this sale is more than a rumour and we're being moved on to someone that actually cares about this sport and who wants to build this club into the monster it can be.

Tony, I managed to find the footage on the FoxSports News update on Foxtel if you want to have a look it's during the interview with that dud Aloisi.

Link?

Got flights back a day early for my holiday, been up since fucking 6:00am yesterday busting my ass to get back to see heart and what do they serve up up? Fuck.

Does anyone at heart care about the fans? What happened to the players coming over to the supporters after the game and high fiving us ext? Everyone at Heart FC atm are cowards.

We have players and a coach who won't admit that there playing style is bad as well as players who won't admit there playing badly. We have a board who are too cowardly to sack a coach who in any other professional sporting club in the world, if he had the same record, he would've been sacked. It just happens that if you score a penatly to get Australia into the world cup, you are untouchable. Teflon John.

Should i even bother anymore? Whats the fucking point? Everyones flat from yarraside to the players, how do the players expect us to chant when they give us nothing to chant for?

I do agree that John looked like a defeated man, and most likely will be sacked by tommorow, but for us to become relevant again the coach sacking should just be the start of the clean out. Lets hope the new owners that take us over actually give a fuck about us cause right now the current one's don't.

Fucking congratulations heart, you are officially the worst sporting club in Australian sports history. I cannot think of anyone else atm..

• Like 1

That press conference, and the others he did after the game, sum up Aloisi: cowardly. Every chance he got, he whined and complained about the players making individual errors. And he blamed the players for being 'scared'.

But a coach is meant to stop his players making errors. And a coach is supposed to motivate his players. Aloisi fails on both points.

And it's clear why. Aloisi never asks why we concede so many goals, as he just chalks it up to individual errors, rather than realising how tactics and the habits of players (the little things, which coaches can influence) contributed to these (in Aloisi's mind, unfathomable) 'individual errors'.

And Aloisi clearly is a terrible man manager. It is actually standard practice for him to not talk to his players after the game, because, he says, he needs to watch a replay before he can talk to his players. Absolutely pathetic. Players are very impressionable after games, and good coaches set the tone for coming days by saying something meaningful after matches. But, by his own admission, Aloisi is too stupid to talk about the game until he's watched it again (despite the fact he has multiple assistant coaches who also watch the game, and he can discuss the game with).

Also, we generally start halves slowly (why we've conceded first in something like 70% of our games this season), and Aloisi's inability to give motivating talks before the kickoff and before the second half seems like the explanation for this.

Aloisi cowardly pretends that inexplicable 'individual errors' are the main reason we're getting the results I'm getting. But I'm sorry Aloisi, it's on you. If you can't motivate a team and get them to be able to beat Wellington at home, you shouldn't be coaching period.

• Like 5

We are playing that poorly that it is hard to tell whether it is squad or management. Our attacking play was often awful under jvs as the ball got passed backwards and forwards between colosimo, Bolton and whoever was also playing central defense, but you look back upon that as Barcelona like now. Offensively we have only two options - kick it high to kewell or play a through ball to mifsud (who by the way looks like he can look for a through ball but because of that he can't receive a ball to feet). And since the player most able to hit a through ball is having it lobbed onto his head it's difficult. But we are creating five or so chances per game - usually from the 80th minute onwards at which point we are two goals down. So offensively we are shit, but redeemable.

Maybe our real problems are defensive. We are a side that defends basically with five outfield players. The back four and Murdocca.

We can't play Williams, Kalmar, duga and kewell in one team. They collectively are so slow defensively that we can't press the ball high. Williams and duga aren't slow physically but they are mentally and totally reactive. Kewell and kalmar are just slow. It means that our midfield is constantly blown open and means we have to sit so deep to minimize space between midfield and the back four.

Yet even with this we are often "only" conceding two goals a game and just one or two real gifts.

But even that might be manageable if we actually had a team playing as one. And this is our real problem I think.

Behich's error for the Wellington goal was just embarrassing, his refusal to chase being symptomatic of a team with no real purpose or desire.

Our central defense from the moment kisnorbo got injured have repeatedly looked at sea, but almost always because we are overrun in midfield, we can't press players bringing the ball into our half and we can't retain possession. But they don't look like they want to be there.

We have lost any ability to play through teams. Whether that is tactics or skill or work rate I don't know, but we are so dependent on the long ball it is painful to watch. But we don't look like anyone in this team is prepared to take control and say step on the ball and pass it.

I feel sorry for ja but he has to go because it's too hard to change a squad. I'd really like it to be different.

The importance of good coaches in this league has already been clear as the mariners are struggling to transition to moss, muscat is struggling at victory and roar showed that they lost only under rado.

Finally a personal bugbear of mine. And this is controversial. I am not an active member although I sit close by. It is a matter of complete indifference to me whether the players come and thank the fans after the game or not. I want to see them spent on the field having given their all rather than casually coming over to clap the fans because someone thinks that is expected or what they are entitled to. The heartbreak of losing a match and being six points behind second bottom after losing at home should be so painful that they want to get into the dressing room. I genuinely have no problems with players leaving the field barely acknowledging the fans whether they win or lose. But that's the way it should be. You can't come over and expect cheers because you've won and then not come over when you have lost. You either acknowledge every time or don't.

I think heart have developed a very loyal but small group of supporters - almost every supporter is a member - and everyone sits in the same seats. But no one believes any more about any of the on field stuff. And that will continue to hold us back unless things change dramatically. We are in a world of pain at the moment.

• Like 5

Got flights back a day early for my holiday, been up since fucking 6:00am yesterday busting my ass to get back to see heart and what do they serve up up? Fuck.

Does anyone at heart care about the fans? What happened to the players coming over to the supporters after the game and high fiving us ext? Everyone at Heart FC atm are cowards.

We have players and a coach who won't admit that there playing style is bad as well as players who won't admit there playing badly. We have a board who are too cowardly to sack a coach who in any other professional sporting club in the world, if he had the same record, he would've been sacked. It just happens that if you score a penatly to get Australia into the world cup, you are untouchable. Teflon John.

Should i even bother anymore? Whats the fucking point? Everyones flat from yarraside to the players, how do the players expect us to chant when they give us nothing to chant for?

I do agree that John looked like a defeated man, and most likely will be sacked by tommorow, but for us to become relevant again the coach sacking should just be the start of the clean out. Lets hope the new owners that take us over actually give a fuck about us cause right now the current one's don't.

Fucking congratulations heart, you are officially the worst sporting club in Australian sports history. I cannot think of anyone else atm..

The Board don't have their eyes on anything but a large exit payout. They aren't football people so they don't give a hoot about the football.

• Like 1

The board have been "selling" the club for some time now so they haven't been too worried about results on the pitch. Get a cheap coach, wheelie bins for ice baths, club based at the arse end of the world with no visibility. Seems like a HAL license was bought on the spur of the moment and then they lost interest when we didn't win silverware in our second year and the rest is history.

It wasnt that good a chance once Willo completely had his body out of position. He needed to take it with his right foot and hit it the way it came. We have missed easier chances

Id place more blame on Behich for being so easily deceived by Tyler Boyd. I wish we had a impact player like him to bring off the bench but we dont. 

Did you come back with your carpet rolls?

Aloisi can't have it both ways.  He got the squad he wanted and now he is complaining that they are making mistakes.  It is clear to anybody that understands football that our attackers lack brains and a final ball/product..  This is not new..  Yet JA's game plan is for these very same players to individually create and finish chances without any system of building up or movement..

The club should just let Walker, Vrankovic, Mauk, Retre  and Garrucio go..  The club is ruining their careers..

From seeing exciting young players come through, the club is now a retirement village..

• Like 1