Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Who else here would just wish the club could get rid of the what I have dubbed "The Purgatory Kit" now and just wear Sky Blue already?

Currently every time I see our Home Kit its feel like looking at a half ripped of Bandaid.

It's pretty sad playing at home and the away team wears their home kit and we are wearing an away kit

The visa players issue is fairly easy to fix, while also helping with equality in teams.

Let visa spots be tradeable, that way the teams that will put them to best use will buy them and the league will get better quality foreigners, while the teams who would otherwise not use them or waste them on dud foreigners will get some $$$ (this will usually be the poorer teams, so it helps prop them up).

All of a sudden, when a visa spot is worth $X, some bloke like Steven Grey isn't going to get signed.

Who else here would just wish the club could get rid of the what I have dubbed "The Purgatory Kit" now and just wear Sky Blue already?

Currently every time I see our Home Kit its feel like looking at a half ripped of Bandaid.

What do you mean! I love our home kit! I love how the two stripes in it pays homage to our sister clubs in Manchester and New york. I'm sure their kits have a bit of red in them to pay homage to us!

Oh wait

• Like 1

I'D BE HAPPY WITH THIS OVER THE RED N WHITE STRIPES TBH I JIZZED SO HARD

10827892_371616456345150_131626076840959

Back neck graphic, now tattooed on to every New York City player! 

Thats rubbish 

I'm not particularly excited by it either.

100% no, I thought Sydney's kit looked bland and boring before Man City came and tried to shove it down our throats, and I haven't warmed to it since.

Last year I had a kit I loved yet on field performance was poor and it took away joy of watching them play

This year I have a hand me down 3rd kit from a team I don't care about with matching on field performance which is just as poor as it has been over the years.

Good thing is ....we are getting more consistent.

• Like 1

I'D BE HAPPY WITH THIS OVER THE RED N WHITE STRIPES TBH I JIZZED SO HARD

10827892_371616456345150_131626076840959

Back neck graphic, now tattooed on to every New York City player! 

Thats rubbish 

I'm not particularly excited by it either.

100% no, I thought Sydney's kit looked bland and boring before Man City came and tried to shove it down our throats, and I haven't warmed to it since.

I don't you are really getting what I am saying...

If I could choose out of a White Kit or a Sky Blue Kit for the club to wear for life of course I would chose the White Kit (Real Madrid Style) but I have come to accept that I don't think this White Kit we have ATM is a for life situation.

Ultimatly id preferre a white and sky blue kit. Maybe something similar to last years third kit with the quaters. Or even stripes. If we use white and sky blue then the club could argue there is enough of a difference with sydney as they use navy blue and sly blue more predominatly. Although this is all pretty irrelevant as the cfg are going to get their way eventually

• Like 1

This the one I remember with some affection. With white shorts (in our case with a narrow red stripe down the side to honour the Heart years). So clean and simple.

Mate, I don't think CFG have any intention of honouring anything to do with the red part of our history!

Having two little Melbourne Heart logos on our badge will be the only thing left of Heart in a couple of seasons and they're already blue.

#inorout

Well indeed, you have the right to leave Dylan if the calls for the club to respect its true colours are too much for you.

We were here before CFG (and their NSW sky blue) and as for putting navy on our jersey  - that was very bad taste.  Good luck getting the "consultation crew" at La Trobe to pay any attention to your gripe though benzema.

Everyone will make their own decisions in time on whether they can cope with the attitude and behaviour of the current owners.  Just because some support this club DESPITE the current owners doesn't mean they should be invited to leave.  There were seemingly no issues with people voicing their displeasure towards Sidwell and his mates when they were in charge.  

• Like 1

I went into Amart the other day and saw some Melbourne Heart balls. I lifted as I saw the familiar colours which still send a tingle through my body.

Then I looked up at the wall and saw the Victory shirts, and I realised how much I loved the Heart.

Then I saw the Melbourne City "match day" (???) shirt and I realised I am still a Heart man through and through. The red and white still evokes a passion whereas the pale blue simply does not resinate at all.

Then I compared the City shirts to the Victory ones and...oh no...

• Like 1

I went into Amart the other day and saw some Melbourne Heart balls. I lifted as I saw the familiar colours which still send a tingle through my body.

Then I looked up at the wall and saw the Victory shirts, and I realised how much I loved the Heart.

Then I saw the Melbourne City "match day" (???) shirt and I realised I am still a Heart man through and through. The red and white still evokes a passion whereas the pale blue simply does not resinate at all.

I brought a Heart Mug and House Key as soon as I realised we were going to lose our colours and I am glad I did...

(TBH before then the only Heart things I had brought had been my Four Memberships.)

Then I saw the Melbourne City "match day" (???) shirt and I realised I am still a Heart man through and through. The red and white still evokes a passion whereas the pale blue simply does not resinate at all.

I relate to this so much.
  • Like 3

Then I saw the Melbourne City "match day" (???) shirt and I realised I am still a Heart man through and through. The red and white still evokes a passion whereas the pale blue simply does not resinate at all.

I relate to this so much. 100%

So do i mate.

Have to look at it every time i walk into the waredrobe.

Gets me every time

Took me bout 6 years to accept hellas wont get into a league.

So my advice would be to give it 6 years and you will eventually accept the colour change.

Me personally, dont like the colour change but knowing Australian soccer, have accepted it and moved on.

The earlier you do the easier it is.

So is that like the "it takes 8 months to get over the break up of long term relationship" rule?

Took me bout 6 years to accept hellas wont get into a league.

So my advice would be to give it 6 years and you will eventually accept the colour change.

Me personally, dont like the colour change but knowing Australian soccer, have accepted it and moved on.

The earlier you do the easier it is.

So is that like the "it takes 8 months to get over the break up of long term relationship" rule? My ex left me and took off with my best friend.

5 years on and I still miss him

• Like 6