Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=296381

Oh how nice from the man city fans- page 119 and 120

really nice.....

I don't get why on earth you would go on there in the first place and ignite that argument...

Great win on Saturday night with a real sense of unity amongst the fans and players... so why do that?

I think it's meaningless and unnecessary imo...

I agree why would you go onto their forum and write fuck manc c***ts it is just plain childish.

If you don't like Manchester City so be it but really to go and try to degrade them? Just focus on your own club, and not worry what others are doing or saying.

Enjoyed the win Saturday night, and i'm enjoying what Manchester City are doing for our club, because some supporters aren't happy with the change of colours they need to pick at every little thing that Manchester City do?

really nice.....

I don't get why on earth you would go on there in the first place and ignite that argument...

Great win on Saturday night with a real sense of unity amongst the fans and players... so why do that?

I agree why would you go onto their forum and write fuck manc c***ts it is just plain childish.

If you don't like Manchester City so be it but really to go and try to degrade them? Just focus on your own club, and not worry what others are doing or saying.

Enjoyed the win Saturday night, and i'm enjoying what Manchester City are doing for our club, because some supporters aren't happy with the change of colours they need to pick at every little thing that Manchester City do?

Agreed, in hindsight- I completely deserved it. I was initially angered by the post stating that we would lose all thought of red and white once the wins continue.

I agree- Citeh isn't going anywhere soon and there is little point still complaining. But at the end of the day I feel we are still just a branding exercise for them and I truly feel we are not even a real team- just a junior version of another. I understand many of you don't feel this way and that's fine, just my views.

• Like 2

really nice.....

But at the end of the day I feel we are still just a branding exercise for them and I truly feel we are not even a real team- just a junior version of another. I understand many of you don't feel this way and that's fine, just my views.

Every now and then I feel this way but come game day when we're chanting and screaming at the players and the ref we are every bit a football club as any other around the world.

Exactly right Niko. Did anyone think about Manchester City/branding/feeder club/sky blue etc. etc. in the 91st minute on Saturday evening?

Possibly some of the disbelieving silent ones at the Northern End, but for the rest of us there was just the sheer joy of scoring  - for many of us it was the best moment in the history of the club.

• Like 2

really nice.....

Agreed, in hindsight- I completely deserved it. I was initially angered by the post stating that we would lose all thought of red and white once the wins continue.

I agree- Citeh isn't going anywhere soon and there is little point still complaining. But at the end of the day I feel we are still just a branding exercise for them and I truly feel we are not even a real team- just a junior version of another. I understand many of you don't feel this way and that's fine, just my views.

Most will agree that the red n white will not be so easily forgotten especially when you see the supporter group from Saturday night. I love both colours, the mix of colours. We have created something unique by being able to wear both colours.

If a small group of Manchester City supporters from England who have probably not even come close to Australian shores think that we are just going to forget our heritage then they are so naive, because at the end of the day their club doesn't own us in fact their club is owned by the same people who own us the same people who made them what they are today, they may have forgot that but we will not.

• Like 3

I give the CFG three seasons here max. They'll soon realize we're not worth the trouble.

I wouldn't think we are much trouble with a salary capped league they wouldn't have to put too much effort into managing the side. There is also a very plus side to getting it right. There is a big market in Victoria for football followers they just got to get us winning games and more and more people will join to support.

I give the CFG three seasons here max. They'll soon realize we're not worth the trouble.

I would be very surprised. They lucked out and were able to purchase a team in one of the two major Australian cities, with an outstanding home venue already in place, but everything else at absolute rock bottom. Melbourne has a long history of turning out for any pro sports team, if it's winning. Less than 1% of the population of Melbourne are currently members of either Melbourne A-League team. It's still very much an untapped resource...unlike, say, Western Sydney.

The team had been a basket case since its inception, which was also a positive for CFG: it could just bring the broom in and do what it wanted, because the vast majority of supporters would just be grateful to see a winner. I think it's the perfect situation for them. Where's the trouble?

I've been told they are here for the long term mate by a very senior person new to the club. Briefly discussed the long term goals of the club.

I also believe we will be in sky blue and navy next season for a home strip.

That is my opinion.

I've been told they are here for the long term mate by a very senior person new to the club. Briefly discussed the long term goals of the club.

That is my opinion.

Still not buying this personally. Can't really see how the FFA could do a backflip on the stance it took on the sky blue 12 months earlier. But sky blue as an away kit...? Hmmm...

And navy??! Why?? Besides the fact that it would be like Manchester City adding red to its kit for no reason, it would just mean that Victory would team up with Sydney FC to block the proposal.

That is my opinion.

Still not buying this personally. Can't really see how the FFA could do a backflip on the stance it took on the sky blue 12 months earlier. But sky blue as an away kit...? Hmmm...

And navy??! Why?? Besides the fact that it would be like Manchester City adding red to its kit for no reason, it would just mean that Victory would team up with Sydney FC to block the proposal.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I'm not great at predicting things, but I'd expect to see the white shirt with some kind of blue adornment stay for another few seasons at least.

That is my opinion.Not trying to be a cunt and it's obviously just my opinion but of course they'd tell a new employee in a senior role that they're in it for the long term. Soriano isn't going to say to his Melbourne staff that "You've only got a job for as long as the Melbourne loop hole is useful"

I honestly believe the only reason that Melbourne City exists in it's current guise is so that Sheik Mansour's family can stay cashed up long after all that oil money dries up.

It sounds like a long bow to draw but the royal family of the UAE and all the middle eastern royals for that matter aren't dumb. They know that their oil is a finite resource and are working on ways to keep their pockets full after it's gone. That's why you see all this tourism advertisements for the region and they have things like the Qatar grand prix and they build these incredible golf courses so that PGA golfers will play there etc.

The Manchester City thing is another arm of this "normalization" process of the region through sport that the oil tycoons are trying to achieve. Because the middle east, unfairly or not, has a bit of stigma surrounding it, they're trying to create this idea of "you love sport, we love sport, we're all the same".

The purpose we serve in the grand vision is almost entirely to sell intellectual property to Manchester City in an accounting loop hole so that they can look like they have a higher amount of revenue than what they really do. That's why we're called "City" and along with New York wear clone kits.

The crap about brand synergy, youth development and building a successful club in Melbourne is just secondary bullshit to make the club seem more legitimate. The resources they're allegedly spending to develop Youth could be much better spent in Africa or Japan or some shit where they have a much stronger football culture and are far more likely to develop first team players, the resources being used to create brand synergy and advertise Manchester City could be better spent on hiring more staff or buying more advertising space for the much sexier New York. The only reason we exists is it's far more feasible to sell Intellectual property for some ridiculous number like $100millon to Melbourne than to somewhere like Ghana or whatever where the people are much poorer and unlikely to get behind a local sports team, buy merch etc.

As soon as FIFA close this financial fair play loophole they'll take their bat and ball and go home.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 4

Oh here it is again.. The colours debate Version 400.0 :lol:

No one has said stop using red and white so its a non-issue. The real need now is to win football matches consistently, not worry about what colours people are wearing/ waving.

Lets hope that CFG invest in a new training base / academy soon. Thats also a very important step for us.

Lets hope that CFG invest in a new training base / academy soon. Thats also a very important step for us.

Nothing will happen on this front outside of minor upgrades at la trobe or wherever they could potentially move us as it doesn't do anything for CFG's money laundering :up:

There are a heap of ways the academy could be used to 'money launder'

Nothing will happen on this front outside of minor upgrades at la trobe or wherever they could potentially move us as it doesn't do anything for CFG's money laundering :up:There are a heap of ways the academy could be used to 'money launder'examples? I'm curious.

Note: Money laundering is obvious the wrong phrase.

Edited by Jimmy

Nothing will happen on this front outside of minor upgrades at la trobe or wherever they could potentially move us as it doesn't do anything for CFG's money laundering :up:

examples? I'm curious.

Lots of Cevapi sales :up:

Cash only :up:

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

examples? I'm curious.

With extra onion of course.

examples? I'm curious.

With extra onion of course.

You don't make $100k a day cash sales without upselling onions :up:

Serious answer in regard to FFP:

Discover good Aussie youth

Take them to City for free instead of paying millions

Easy FFPHow often is that going to happen in Australia? Once every twenty years? As I said in a previous post, CFG would be better off setting up an Academy somewhere in Africa.

Edited by Jimmy

Easy FFP

How often is that going to happen in Australia? Once every twenty years?

I could argue Australia is one of, if not the greatest sporting nation in the world per capita. If soccer can become an even bigger sport here, and capture more talent rather than having that talent go to AFL or whatever, we could definitely produce a lot of good players.

One World Class player would be enough to make it worth their while anyway, what's a Messi or Ronaldo worth?

• Like 3

Easy FFPHow often is that going to happen in Australia? Once every twenty years? As I said in a previous post, CFG would be better off setting up an Academy somewhere in Africa.

Similar to the whole city licencing they could do similar with the 'city youth' way of development.

In the set up alone their could be royalties to use city's expertise.

They could charge to have yearly reviews of coaches, staff, methods with training etc from 'City experts'.

Its really just finding more things to copy off man city that they can charge for.

• Like 2

Easy FFP

How often is that going to happen in Australia? Once every twenty years? As I said in a previous post, CFG would be better off setting up an Academy somewhere in Africa.

Similar to the whole city licencing they could do similar with the 'city youth' way of development.

They could charge to have yearly reviews of coaches, staff, methods with training etc from 'City experts'.

Its really just finding more things to copy off man city that they can charge for.

Good points.

But really I think they would build an academy regardless of FFP. In fact, it's likely UEFA will crack down on these transactions between related parties, and while having more things they could say they're selling will help, I don't think UEFA would allow them to claim huge amounts of revenue from it.

I'd say the potential to uncover a world class player for Man City is enough reason to build a youth academy here, the extra help 'beating' the FFP is just more reason too.

Unlike most people, I'm pretty confident the end game for the sheik is for City/CFG to be profitable, so putting in place a long term investment like a youth academy just to beat FFP (which only needs to happen in the shorter term while money is being invested into City) doesn't really add up.

Money laundering is a crime, I'm sure that you meant to say 'reputation laundering'.

Easy FFPHow often is that going to happen in Australia? Once every twenty years? As I said in a previous post, CFG would be better off setting up an Academy somewhere in Africa. Similar to the whole city licencing they could do similar with the 'city youth' way of development.

Its really just finding more things to copy off man city that they can charge for. Good points.

But really I think they would build an academy regardless of FFP. In fact, it's likely UEFA will crack down on these transactions between related parties, and while having more things they could say they're selling will help, I don't think UEFA would allow them to claim huge amounts of revenue from it.

I'd say the potential to uncover a world class player for Man City is enough reason to build a youth academy here, the extra help 'beating' the FFP is just more reason too.

Unlike most people, I'm pretty confident the end game for the sheik is for City/CFG to be profitable, so putting in place a long term investment like a youth academy just to beat FFP (which only needs to happen in the shorter term while money is being invested into City) doesn't really add up.

Tbh I dont think they are doing it to beat FFP rules, but I just wanted to highlight that if it were the reason an academy would still benefit that cause

Again, still not seeing this a venture into finding new talent.

Thanks to the shared language and culture, the average soccer fan in the USA and Australia looks to the EPL as the foreign league they most likely follow. This happened even when the EPL wasn't considered to be on a par with continental leagues. We are being targeted as potential customers. They want us to follow Man City. Buy their merch. Increase the value of their advertising deals. Catch up to the Man Us, Juventus, Barcelonas of the world. That's the focus, and they're only going to work on Melb City if they think it will help improve the brand.

For the moment, I'm sure we will see improvements made. But they must have a time frame in mind where they'll need to see some benefit from the venture. If it hasn't worked to their desires, they'll cut us loose.

We are being targeted as potential customers. They want us to follow Man City. Buy their merch. Increase the value of their advertising deals. Catch up to the Man Us, Juventus, Barcelonas of the world. That's the focus, and they're only going to work on Melb City if they think it will help improve the brand.

Of course that is the case. But if they can find a young player here that goes on to become a first team player for them, that would be worth more than they paid for Melbourne City, so I'm sure it's a factor as well.

I can't see that if CFG was merely interested in facilitating some shonky accounting to get around FFP rules that it would have bought into the USA and Australia. I would have expected it to buy into countries rather less regulated and monitored where it could fudge the books and bribe everyone in sight all the time.

Maybe, in fact, Sheikh Mansour just likes owning football clubs and the international prestige and recognition that this brings him?

• Like 1

For the moment, I'm sure we will see improvements made. But they must have a time frame in mind where they'll need to see some benefit from the venture. If it hasn't worked to their desires, they'll cut us loose.

As with anything you can't see the full benefits of something unless it is at it's full potential.

Unless melbourne city is flying high, has been winning a-league titles for years, winning the ACL, and is playing quality football in front of a sell out Aami park every week, then the CFG will not be able to see the full benefits of the venture.

This is the same for other expansion teams such as NYC, Japan, and wherever else they eventually plan to expand. For this to happen, there is obviously many other things that need to be developed such as building a first class training facility and an academy, and I'm certain CFG know this.

This is at least a 15-20 year process, not a few years as many here are predicting.

I can't see that if CFG was merely interested in facilitating some shonky accounting to get around FFP rules that it would have bought into the USA and Australia. I would have expected it to buy into countries rather less regulated and monitored where it could fudge the books and bribe everyone in sight all the time.

Maybe, in fact, Sheikh Mansour just likes owning football clubs and the international prestige and recognition that this brings him?

What else to do with billions then own sporting clubs, plus he is well known to have a vested interest in sports.