Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

3. We need to keep playing at AAMI (unless we were to build our own ground)

Don't think they'll be investing that much money mate! AAMI is a beautiful ground to play at regardless.

Neither do I, but I just wanted to put in there to negate any smart ass that came along and said what if they built a new ground

I wouldn't worry about it.

The people who as from 10.00 this morning own our club have enough dosh to build a home ground and a private railway to it...and buy off any opposition that there might be...

But it won't come to that. We'll have a home base for training etc. etc. but use AAMI Park as our home ground. Until we grow too big for it...

This is stunning news - simply stunning. Can't get the smile off my face.

Looking forward to a pre-season match against City in June or July filling the MCG. An immediate impact would be to loan us one of their many talented kids right now who can bang in goals - would just fuel the excitement and give us something tangible to show their intent. Not too much to ask......?????

• Like 2

"Heart will share resources with the Storm, as the consortium involves Orica GreenEDGE cycling team and Jayco Caravans owner Gerry Ryan, who was involved in the purchase of the NRL club from News Limited, publishers of the Herald Sun."

Even without the Man City involvement, the involvement of Bart Campbell and Gerry Ryan would've been exciting on it's own.

But the whole thing is mind blowing. 

• Like 1

Better brush up on my Man city history I suppose BUT HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Bela was always worried about getting some real football people in - well me thinks that this fits the bill.

Players should be buoyed by this and they better be fully pumped for the game against AU!

Yep, Bela is happy. Of course the devil is always in the detail and that is thin on the ground at the moment but at least we are owned by football people so our primary purpose will be to be to be a football club rather than to be profitable. Its great for the league as a whole and for us in particular. The specific appointments will be important - admin, coaching team, and I'd love to hear comments about their football philosophy and specific infrastructure to support it.

Mrs Bela is also happy, her uncle was a Man City goalie.

Edited by belaguttman

To the bloke complaining about the takeover...what did we stand for anyway? It was never really clear nor was it ever achieved.

In this day and age, identity in a football club, especially in the A-League, is complete bullshit. Football is a business, a big business, and those who have the most money and resources win championships because they can buy better players, better managers/coaches and draw bigger crowds.

In three full seasons we made the finals once (just), we have one of the lowest attendance averages and are the laughing stock of the league, with a winning record (for every league match) of just over 26 per cent.

That is the result of penny-pinching owners focusing, for good or ill, on building a sustainable club with good fundamentals. That is fine, and has served us well, except it is time for change.

It was business-savvy of the previous owners, not football-savvy. The time has come, and Sidwell et al. alluded to this in their statement, to pass the Club into the hands of experienced owners.

• Like 1

Well lucky you.... Winning the Football Lottery :)

Been a Manchester City fan all my life, lived in Manchester all my life and This Guy (Sheikh Mansour) has been the best thing to happen to East Manchester.

His investment has improved the stadium, development of new academy and the extension of the Metrolink (tram) line....  You all know about the development on the pitch but yea:

All since ADUG came to town.

Enjoy.....

Well lucky you.... Winning the Football Lottery :)

Been a Manchester City fan all my life, lived in Manchester all my life and This Guy (Sheikh Mansour) has been the best thing to happen to East Manchester.

His investment has improved the stadium, development of new academy and the extension of the Metrolink (tram) line....  You all know about the development on the pitch but yea:

All since ADUG came to town.

Enjoy.....

And who may you be now?

I can't think of a bigger A-League story in the history of the A-league - massive for the league (and personal vindication for never supporting Geelong Victory - they will soon be the known as the second Victorian club).

All members and fans who have supported this club from the beginning, need to get to the rest of our home games and show the new owners how much we love this club!

Welcome Manchester City and thank you!!

Like others happy for a name change and to be nicknamed "hearts" but will be disappointed if a colour change follows. However as stated above dont think FFA will allow it and it appears as if we will be staying at AAMI.

So freaking excited, can't wait for us to have a fixed training base close to the CBS (fuck off Epping) have a W-League team and have owners that will NOT accept mediocrity.

Buzzing!!!!

I heard Cristiano Ronaldo is trying to get an Australian passport through a relative so that he can be signed as Australian marquee after Messi is signed as international marquee.

Must have been why I have heard Messi's toddler son Thiago has been put on the Xavier College waiting list.

• Like 1