Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

I just don't get what is the issue here.

They said club was for sale anyway.

If its sold now why all this theatrics ???

Just come out and announce it.

Another display how the club lacks any respect to those of us who are committed paid up members.

I agree. If it is done, then we should be advised of same. Christmas or no Christmas.

Nothing worse than rumours.

Even if it is essentially done, they would not announce it till it is completely signed off on. We all sook about the club being unprofessional, but it would be very unprofessional for the club to be announcing things that haven't been finalised.

I just don't get what is the issue here.They said club was for sale anyway.If its sold now why all this theatrics ???Just come out and announce it.Another display how the club lacks any respect to those of us who are committed paid up members.

I agree. If it is done, then we should be advised of same. Christmas or no Christmas. Nothing worse than rumours.

Even if it is essentially done, they would not announce it till it is completely signed off on. We all sook about the club being unprofessional, but it would be very unprofessional for the club to be announcing things that haven't been finalised.

Also the amount of media exposure by announcing it today would be minimal.

I just don't get what is the issue here.They said club was for sale anyway.If its sold now why all this theatrics ???Just come out and announce it.Another display how the club lacks any respect to those of us who are committed paid up members.

I agree. If it is done, then we should be advised of same. Christmas or no Christmas. Nothing worse than rumours.

Even if it is essentially done, they would not announce it till it is completely signed off on. We all sook about the club being unprofessional, but it would be very unprofessional for the club to be announcing things that haven't been finalised. Also the amount of media exposure by announcing it today would be minimal. Why would the people selling it care?

I agree. If it is done, then we should be advised of same. Christmas or no Christmas. Nothing worse than rumours. Even if it is essentially done, they would not announce it till it is completely signed off on. We all sook about the club being unprofessional, but it would be very unprofessional for the club to be announcing things that haven't been finalised. Also the amount of media exposure by announcing it today would be minimal. Why would the people selling it care?

They might not care but the new owners would and I'm sure they have a say. 

If the club is being sold I will be absolutely furious.Not at the fact that that club is being sold, but the fact that our current owners fed us bullshit for 3 years that they built the club "for the love of the game" and that they were in it for the long haul.The fact they lied to our supporters faces and denied they were looking to sell the licence, when South Melbourne et all. were approaching us earlier this year.And the fact they have allowed our club to languish so badly onfield this season, without pulling the trigger to fix our situation because they knew new owners were around the corner for the club, and they could leave it to them to sort it, is treacherous in the extreme.Can only hope the people who come in will put football people in charge and put the coin in necessary to make us a success.

To be fair, the " for the love of the game" was an A-League campaign, and I'd say that the FFA may have had a bit to say about the South Melbourne takeover bid.

If the club is being sold I will be absolutely furious.

Not at the fact that that club is being sold, but the fact that our current owners fed us bullshit for 3 years that they built the club "for the love of the game" and that they were in it for the long haul.

The fact they lied to our supporters faces and denied they were looking to sell the licence, when South Melbourne et all. were approaching us earlier this year.

And the fact they have allowed our club to languish so badly onfield this season, without pulling the trigger to fix our situation because they knew new owners were around the corner for the club, and they could leave it to them to sort it, is treacherous in the extreme.

Can only hope the people who come in will put football people in charge and put the coin in necessary to make us a success.

Holden

We're here to stay!!!!!

Insult to anyone with half a brain

How stupid do they think we are

Happening too often

Not at the fact that that club is being sold, but the fact that our current owners fed us bullshit for 3 years that they built the club "for the love of the game" and that they were in it for the long haul.

The fact they lied to our supporters faces and denied they were looking to sell the licence, when South Melbourne et all. were approaching us earlier this year.

And the fact they have allowed our club to languish so badly onfield this season, without pulling the trigger to fix our situation because they knew new owners were around the corner for the club, and they could leave it to them to sort it, is treacherous in the extreme.

Can only hope the people who come in will put football people in charge and put the coin in necessary to make us a success.

This exactly illustrates the weakness of the franchise model. The owners can camouflage the reality by calling us members, but we aren't real stakeholders, we are customers

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

If the club is being sold I will be absolutely furious.Not at the fact that that club is being sold, but the fact that our current owners fed us bullshit for 3 years that they built the club "for the love of the game" and that they were in it for the long haul.The fact they lied to our supporters faces and denied they were looking to sell the licence, when South Melbourne et all. were approaching us earlier this year.And the fact they have allowed our club to languish so badly onfield this season, without pulling the trigger to fix our situation because they knew new owners were around the corner for the club, and they could leave it to them to sort it, is treacherous in the extreme.Can only hope the people who come in will put football people in charge and put the coin in necessary to make us a success.

To be fair, the " for the love of the game" was an A-League campaign, and I'd say that the FFA may have had a bit to say about the South Melbourne takeover bid.

For the fifth time the FFA had nothing to do with the south bid!

1 they could have had CCM license

2 they loved what south brought to the table

3 they have been given the ok for 2015/2016 season

Just like when Victory was founded, part of the agreamant was no other team in melbourne could come in for 5 seasons... That's why Heart couldn't come earlier. My source in Aleauge wikapedia, look for yourself.

BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets be honest here, this is a business and nobody wants to throw away millions upon millions willingly without expecting something from the investment.

If the current owners want to walk away with something of a return from a rather unsuccessful stint at the helm good for them. They have held out for a while now, which shows that they know what they want at least, to the detriment of the club on the park unfortunately.

Its time that change occured, as its likely the only way the brand can be restored to something resembling credible.

Just like when Victory was founded, part of the agreamant was no other team in melbourne could come in for 5 seasons... That's why Heart couldn't come earlier. My source in Aleauge wikapedia, look for yourself.

Why do you keep bringing up point 3. Its nonsense.

The FFA have already said that they aren't looking at expansion in this broadcasting deal period (2016-2017). 

SMFC either buy out the current owners of MH for what they want or they wait a long time to have a chance of getting into the HAL.

How much did the Heart licence cost Sidwell & co. $5mil?

I think it was from memory, but add on the extra capital that has gone in, and they will want every cent back.

If I was them, I would cut my losses and run with $9 mil. Give the licence to someone that has a clue, and enough money and brains to understand that they made a mistake and pay out JA's contract NOW.

Sorry mate, you lost me when you said Wikipedia!

Your source didn't mention something about "citation needed" at all, by any chance?

Unfortunately friend, you've been mislead, the next license will be a single team deemed regional (likely Wollongong) and the A-League has the rights to the club "brand", South will never allow that.

Unfortunately friend, you've been mislead, the next license will be a single team deemed regional (likely Wollongong) and the A-League has the rights to the club "brand", South will never allow that.

Next team should be Canberra United

Do you think Wollongong and Canberra would be stronger if they were both given a license in the next expansion (because they're close to eachother) or will it have any adverse effect?

Or should the FFA spread out the love and go Canberra OR Wollongong and Northern Fury?

Anyhoo - this doesn't really have anything to do with our new owners...

If you clowns go back a few pages on the predictions you made for this season, you might see that not putting your egos aside means something.... 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th...? How when and with what did you see that happening?

You think the FFA will stop South because of ethnic background? Have you not seen what WSW and there ethnic background have done? Something Melbourne Heart supporters will never see in there life time! Just pray we do get bought out by rich owners, because otherwise the FFA will do it's best to get us out and give another melbourne team a go. Wake up and smell the roses your team is the embarrassment of the Aleauge and is bottom last without a single win!

If you clowns go back a few pages on the predictions you made for this season, you might see that not putting your egos aside means something.... 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th...? How when and with what did you see that happening?

You think the FFA will stop South because of ethnic background? Have you not seen what WSW and there ethnic background have done? Something Melbourne Heart supporters will never see in there life time! Just pray we do get bought out by rich owners, because otherwise the FFA will do it's best to get us out and give another melbourne team a go. Wake up and smell the roses your team is the embarrassment of the Aleauge and is bottom last without a single win!

There is a difference.  WSW are Lebanese, Greek, Croatian, Albanian, Italian, Macedonian, Scots etc etc etc.   South Melbourne are Greek and Greek Cypriot and nothing else.  WSW has united the tribes, just like Victory did in 2005.  South Melbourne Hellas are only one tribe.

• Like 1

It's hard to make money, I think the owners would be taxed at 45% for CGT. Surely you invest for the love of it, and losing 10% of your net worth is not a big deal.

If you are losing money on your investment, then generally the cost base of your investment is gonna be less than the capital proceeds, which means no CGT.

• Like 2

Ill always back Heart till the end... But it's idiots like you our club are in this position. JA still thinks everything his trying is the right way. You wanks still think South is the same, your forgetting South went to Brazil for a club World Championships in 2000 and was grouped with Manchester United. The club your bagging was founded in 1959 and is considerd the most successful club in Australian football. Your all big men behind your key pads on this forum and all follow each others shit talking, there's a few that no what there talking about so ill stay on as long as I want. Enjoy your X-Mas You Fkn Can Eaters, and share your Bertocchi ham... There's one slice for everyone! (Peter Crouch) Take your hand cuffs and your bread and water you came to this country with, and go back home to England that is. Ohh yeah I almost forgot! That's one Prawn each to, otherwise it won't be enough, don't forget to take your own chair to Nans.

Ill always back Heart till the end... But it's idiots like you our club are in this position. JA still thinks everything his trying is the right way. You wanks still think South is the same, your forgetting South went to Brazil for a club World Championships in 2000 and was grouped with Manchester United. The club your bagging was founded in 1959 and is considerd the most successful club in Australian football. Your all big men behind your key pads on this forum and all follow each others shit talking, there's a few that no what there talking about so ill stay on as long as I want. Enjoy your X-Mas You Fkn Can Eaters, and share your Bertocchi ham... There's one slice for everyone! (Peter Crouch) Take your hand cuffs and your bread and water you came to this country with, and go back home to England that is. Ohh yeah I almost forgot! That's one Prawn each to, otherwise it won't be enough, don't forget to take your own chair to Nans.

South being a successful club has nothing to do with it. The fact is if South took over heart the club would pretty much become South. If we wanted to support South we already would be. I want new owners as much as the next person, but I still want the club to by my club, not another one

• Like 1

You drunk already mate?