Melbourne Football

Round 10 - Sydney FC vs MHFC - Sunday 15 Dec 5pm

hakz7

People (especially the media) better not go on about Heart missing chances. Our tactics hurt us a lot more than players missing chances. Our 'sit deep, don't press and just defend tactics' caused us to go 2 goals down. And this was against Sydney. Sydney bloody FC. We exposed how incredibly soft their defence was only after we went 2 nil down and were chasing the game. We should of been trying to win from the start, not only after we fell behind. Playing such cowardly anti-football is a main reason why Aloisi must go.

We missed a lot of chances :D

What JA should say:

"My tactics were shit in the first half and we payed for it after going 2-0 down. In the second half we actually played football, something we haven't done all season and we scored 1 goal but could've been more. Kewell's penalty was shit. Even though we missed a lot of chances in the second half, it shouldn't be an excuse for our overall performance."

What JA will say:

"We created a lot of chances in the second half and should've scored more than one goal. Kewell should've scored a penalty and it was good to see Mifsud get off the mark. Overall, it was a good performance."

• Like 2

While I feel sorry for John Aloisi, I firmly believe he stuffed up badly against Sydney FC. The  home team were pathatic in the first half and yet Heart were content to sit back without ferociously going all out and attacking them. You could see our player's mentality throughout the first half was to go backwards a trait that has become all too familiar under John Aloisi coaching. They were there for the taking as proven by our effort in the second half, yet Aloisi allowed his team to sit back, play around for the entire 45 minutes in which time we copped two goals because of poor defending. 

• Like 2

There's not much left to say. Once I saw the match squad the result the performance and the result were predictable. Aloisi is a cowardly coach, and our players are playing like the Keystone Cops. Kewell's penalty was quite the worst I have ever seen. It showed a complete lack of leadership and focus on the matter at hand. Of course Aloisi has to take the lion's share of the blame for his disgraceful tactics, but our players need to have a good look at themselves and ask WTF they are doing to turn things around. And I can't begin to speak about the management that has allowed this situation to develop. The warning signs have been there for months. It's no longer embarrassing to be a supporter of Melbourne Heart - it's humiliating.

• Like 1

we could be 4-2 or 5-2 up by now (Only because of how shite SFC have been). 

I know someone would say something like this.

When a team is 2 - 0 up against the shittest team in the comp it's only natural that it's going to be hard to maintain focus. If Heart had scored that second goal it may have sparked a comeback in Sydney. So whether there are four missed chances or ten is kind immaterial. 

You only have to do enough to win. 

We have 4 points for the season. Enough is enough. 

Yep. Except I would say enough WAS enough when Heart went a whole season without winning away from home (bar the derby) and almost came dead last. 

Now it's just embarrassing that he's still in charge. 

Edited by alexandro

There's not much left to say. Once I saw the match squad the result the performance and the result were predictable. Aloisi is a cowardly coach, and our players are playing like the Keystone Cops. Kewell's penalty was quite the worst I have ever seen. It showed a complete lack of leadership and focus on the matter at hand. Of course Aloisi has to take the lion's share of the blame for his disgraceful tactics, but our players need to have a good look at themselves and ask WTF they are doing to turn things around. And I can't begin to speak about the management that has allowed this situation to develop. The warning signs have been there for months. It's no longer embarrassing to be a supporter of Melbourne Heart - it's humiliating.

Wrong. Warning signs have been there for over a year.

People will soon realise who is at fault for the whole mess. Blame Aloisi all you want people he didn't hire himself.

He is not the reason our attendance and membership is pathetic.

He is not the reason our brand is shattered.

Until change occurs at the very top, nothing will change. Sidwell, Munn and JD. The common theme throughout our failed existence. There are some shocking employees even at the club in highish positions that are a total mess. They didn't hire themselves.

It's what penny pinching does to sporting clubs. If you didn't want to spend money, why buy a license to buy a football club Sidwell? Fucking moron.

• Like 3

I really fear for the future of my club

The future is clear, we'll bump along in 9th or 10th place for season after season, but doing a good job with community engagement until:

Westpac become too embarrassed and pull the plug as major sponsor, this will exacerbate the slide as they won't get similar money from any other sponsor apart from the Masochist's Society

FFA become embarrassed and take back the license,

somebody takes pity on us, recognises an undervalued business opportunity and buys the license. The latter is unlikely as even though the brand has been trashed, Sidwell and Co are asking a price equivalent to what you'd pay for a successful team.

Meanwhile our football will become even worse as we'll struggle to attract any good players at senior or junior level. Any juniors we do develop will be sold as soon as they are able to leave as they won't develop within our football structure.

• Like 1

FFA become embarrassed and take back the license

Funny you should bring this up but don't we have a 10 year guaranteed license. Maybe its because we are under no threat of losing our license that the club are going to spend the next 6 years experimenting with results of spending $0 and working out what they can and can't get away with cutting out of the budget completely.

Note to self- need to spend money on coach

*too drunk to quote

Edited by KSK_47

This is effectively what Aloisi did say after the game: 'silly errors' caused us to concede 2 goals, and 'missed chances' meant that we didn't score enough goals to get any points. He also said 'it is killing me inside', this long run littered with failure.

The thing that really gets to me about these points, which are the best arguments going around for not blaming Aloisi, is that they raise more questions than they answer. WHY are we committing so many 'silly errors' and missing so many chances? I would say it's because too often we sit too deep defensively and invite far too much pressure, which has lead our opponents to score first in 7 out of this season's 10 matches. And when we do press, perhaps because we don't press often, we don't press together and we don't press effectively, which lets teams tear our defence to shreds (e.g. Adelaide).

Because we fall behind so often, like I said we've done so 7 times out of this seaon's 10 matches (and have only drawn 1 of these matches), we are chasing the game and there is massive pressure on our forwards to score. Our generally terrible brand of football, with poor service for our goal scorers, doesn't help. And unfortunately our forwards haven't risen to the occasion to be game-changers all on their lonesome, as our tactics rely heavily on our attacking players to make something happen on their own (which the likes of our young forwards in Mate and Golgol, our new winger in Ramsay and our late arriving striker Mifsud, who joined the already derided 'winless Heart' in round 3, haven't been able to do individually).

So Aloisi effectively blamed the players again, by implying that we lost because our defenders made 'silly errors' and our attacking players 'missed good chances'. Bullshit. We lost because we have a cowardly gameplan that parked the bus against a weak opposition, and we conceded 2 goals because we invited far too much pressure, and we were unable to recover. Has Aloisi ever admitted he's made a tactical mistake? Off the top of my head, I don't remember him having ever done so. Aloisi's tactics, playing so defensively and not doing something new or attacking, like starting Kewell (even if he only played for 30 minutes, he could have been our ADP and could have gotten us into a winning position), cost us the game, and Aloisi is denying these failings and scapegoating his players again.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 6

This is effectively what Aloisi did say after the game: 'silly errors' caused us to concede 2 goals, and 'missed chances' meant that we didn't score enough goals to get any points. He also said 'it is killing me inside', this long run littered with failure.

The thing that really gets to me about these points, which are the best arguments going around for not blaming Aloisi, is that they raise more questions than they answer. WHY are we committing so many 'silly errors' and missing so many chances? I would say it's because too often we sit too deep defensively and invite far too much pressure, which has lead our opponents to score first in 7 out of this season's 10 matches. And when we do press, perhaps because we don't press often, we don't press together and we don't press effectively, which lets teams tear our defence to shreds (e.g. Adelaide).

Because we fall behind so often, like I said we've done so 7 times out of this seaon's 10 matches (and have only drawn 1 of these matches), we are chasing the game and there is massive pressure on our forwards to score. Our generally terrible brand of football, with poor service for our goal scorers, doesn't help. And unfortunately our forwards haven't risen to the occasion to be game-changers all on their lonesome, as our tactics rely heavily on our attacking players to make something happen on their own (which the likes of our young forwards in Mate and Golgol, our new winger in Ramsay and our late arriving striker Mifsud, who joined the already derided 'winless Heart' in round 3, haven't been able to do individually).

So Aloisi effectively blamed the players again, by implying that we lost because our defenders made 'silly errors' and our attacking players 'missed good chances'. Bullshit. We lost because we have a cowardly gameplan that parked the bus against a weak opposition, and we conceded 2 goals because we invited far too much pressure, and we were unable to recover. Has Aloisi ever admitted he's made a tactical mistake? Off the top of my head, I don't remember him having ever done so. Aloisi's tactics, playing so defensively and not doing something new or attacking, like starting Kewell (even if he only played for 30 minutes, he could have been our ADP and could have gotten us into a winning position), cost us the game, and Aloisi is denying these failings and scapegoating his players again.

100% agreed

If it was an isolated incident then sure, blame the players all you want.

This happens EVERY single week though so of course it's the tactics at fault, the same can be said for our misfiring in front of goal considering we hardly ever get numbers into the box meaning the players ping from distance out of hope or they rush their shots because there aren't any other options to open up space. 

Absolutely.  We lost because we played terribly for 60mins and played well for 30mins.  2-1.  Goals come from defensive mistakes or good pieces of attacking play.  These things happen to every team, every game.  Controlling the game gives you the best chance of coming out on top.  We never do.

I'd like for Aloisi to describe what these "silly mistakes" were and how he plans to fix these silly mistakes from occurring over and over again.

I'd like to know why Del Piero was given SOOOoooooo much room in the same space where Mooy scored from last week.

I'd like to know why Aloisi thinks instead of playing a natural up-and-coming right back in Walker, he plays a make-shit right back in Hoffman.

I'd like to know why Hoffman was given the directive to give so much space to Abbas and Garcia and Ramsay to just casually looking on.

I'd like to know why in the last two penalties we didn't give the kick to the one player who's needed a goal the most in Mifsud

I'd like to know why this stubborn, inexperienced and too proud to admit it idiot is still our coach!

That was my last away trip. Until Heart get rid of Aloisi and/or we win an Away match, there is no way I'm spending (wasting) any more of my hard-earned cash to watch this shit in person when I could watch it in HD from the comfort of my own couch!

• Like 1

actually.................

it's all quite depressing really .............

and even worse, I'm starting not to care

That's what I have noticed. Looking on facebook and other places there's still the general outrage but it's not as bad as it has been because I think most people are just over it. They have gone past the outrage and just cry laughing now.

• Like 1

As per usual, Aloisi is copping all of the flak.

I agree of course, but I wish to mention a few other things.

Red or Dead, on your second point, Del Piero was given that much time and space because our stupid midfielders both missed a tackle and knocked into one another, causing both to end up on the turf. That wasn't Aloisi's fault, it was a poor and desperate challenge from Murdocca. 

Nicky Kalmar should be given a spot every week. He does more than any other player in terms of creation and has vision to burn. Everyone could learn a thing or two from Kalmar. Sometimes though, he needs to release the ball earlier.

As for Aloisi, I expect him to be sacked tonight. If he isn't, it'll only be because the derby is the next fixture. A new coach could be the spark for a good performance in the derby, but as a supporter of Heart, I am familiar with our modus operandi. I doubt he will be sacked.

The Club is in crisis. We equalled bottom of the ladder in points last season, are winless this season after ten matches and have not won a match outside Victoria in two years. Hardly needs repeating but I wish the media were reminded of that. All I seem to read and hear is how unlucky Heart is and how the pressure is starting to increase on Aloisi. Clearly, starting and even increasing pressure means little in Heartland. Aloisi is being protected by someone, or a few people. It could even be the entire board. 

I say this because no other football club would accept this performance from a head coach, unless it is a corrupt one. It is despicable. Deplorable. Utter bullshit. What kind of football club are we? 

The thing that worries me the most isn't that we have 4 points from the season it's that our playing list has no future. With JA desperation to try and prove himself as a manager our off season recruitment was based on players who he thought could make an immediate impact and provide results.

The signings of Wielaert, Kisnorbo, Kewell, Mifsud, and Engalaar were a desperate attempt to get results fast and I worry if any of these guys will be at Heart next season. Also, refusal to intrust in young players will obviously set their development back somewhat. I think most of us here were expecting to see a lot more of players such as Walker, Retre, Mauk Mitchinson, and Vrankovic this season.

Personally I seriously worry about our squad improving not just for the remainder of the campaign but in seasons to come.

Everyone knows our SHITactic

Park the bus then counter.......blah blah.

It hasn't work for 2 seasons.

Why not surprise the opposition and press them hard up field from the 1 minute.

Play like you are 3 goals down and have nothing to loose, mix it up so we aren't easy to read in every game.

If we still loose, I'll take that because effort on the ground, hunger to win are things I will applaud.

Show some guts! And die on your fee.... not on your knees!!

I am exhausted from the days travel and like the rest of the supporters who travelled feel very let down and cheated ..... & all this because of one thing , one moment of utter selfishness = HK taking that Pen ? ............ Why 

Willo takes a Pen, willo scores - MM scores the equaliser - who knows we would have gone on to win the game, maybe.
Sydney were shite in the second half = They have ONE player !!

HK = Prima donna - self obsessed - Headline grabber , is all that was running through my thoughts on plane home, such a shame because his overall  play for the team was very good. 

I am exhausted from the days travel and like the rest of the supporters who travelled feel very let down and cheated ..... & all this because of one thing , one moment of utter selfishness = HK taking that Pen ? ............ Why

Willo takes a Pen, willo scores - MM scores the equaliser - who knows we would have gone on to win the game, maybe.

HK = Prima donna - self obsessed - Headline grabber , is all that was running through my thoughts on plane home, such a shame because his overall play for the team was very good.

I was annoyed too.

But if he scored and we drew, JA would go on how we showed spirit and earned well deserved 1 point.

1 f&$@g point

Another lie how we improving and are just about to move up the ranks.

Some would believe in it, hoping that maybe, just maybe we are turning the corner so lets wait and see.

There is nothing to see......... mhfc=train wreck

Edited by Jestr

Ok just got up , late night flight back from Sydney last night

First half, absolute shite

the wife and I were sitting pretty much behind the Sydney bench on the wing in amongst the Sydney faithful( who were pretty kind to us, in fact most were worried that they might lose)

during the first half one guy asked about our play, I had to explain that the hoofed long ball is plan A B & C for Johnny

the guy looked at me in disbelief, I said keep watching !

anyway we got what we deserved in that half, we defended so deep, inviting them to be all over us

IN the second when Harry came what a difference in play( I'm not going to go on about the penalty miss)

we played as a team should, ball on  the deck, players moving to space, making themselves available , simple triangles , we opened up Sydney .

the Sydney guy said , this game has changed, , he was worried. why do we have to have two totally different mindset??

Anyway rush to the airport for the flight home, have  to spend 2 hours before the flight, not wasted though, having  bite to eat and my wife says, there are some other Heart fans !

Turns out it was the players!

I had a chat with almost all of them, saying that was pleased with the effort in the second half, but  like most of the fans can't understand the " normal tactics" that we play

WIthout coming out and agreeing totally with me on this point, I could see from their body language that they feel the same way, to a man though they were absolutely depressesed about the result but I thank them for their time in putting up with and old boring bloke

Edited by japiedog
  • Like 3

HK = Prima donna - self obsessed - Headline grabber , is all that was running through my thoughts on plane home, such a shame because his overall play for the team was very good.

I was annoyed too.

But if he scored and we drew, JA would go on how we showed spirit and earned well deserved 1 point.

1 f&$@g point

Another lie how we improving and are just about to move up the ranks.

Some would believe in it, hoping that maybe, just maybe we are turning the corner so lets wait and see.

There is nothing to see......... mhfc=train wreck

Kewell scores and the lead up to MM goal would not of happened, While he should have put the ball in the net its one of those ones that could of changed the game one way or another.

1. The players beleive in JA and have been told and taught to do what he wants but fail to implement what he is telling them.

2. The players don't beleive in JA but say they do to keep their position in the team.

3. The players have some belief in JA but have not been trained correctly to implement his tactics.

1. The players beleive in JA and have been told and taught to do what he wants but fail to implement what he is telling them.

2. The players don't beleive in JA but say they do to keep their position in the team.

3. The players have some belief in JA but have not been trained correctly to implement his tactics.

A little from column 2, a little from column 3.