Melbourne Football

TERRACE ANNOUNCEMENT RE: AUFC match dec 1

Braveheart

1. watch last week's home game.

2. fast forward to 93"17'

3. listen to a guy screaming at the top of his lungs for Aloisi to get out.

That one person, louder than everyone else (including YS) is not an atmosphere sponge mate, that's me who had enough of shit football. That's how I tell Aloisi to get out, by yelling it so he can hear me, not by sitting down and shutting up!

Did roff.

That one person, louder than everyone else (including YS) is not an atmosphere sponge mate, that's me who had enough of shit football. That's how I tell Aloisi to get out, by yelling it so he can hear me, not by sitting down and shutting up!

Everyone was yelling it you clown if you think you're above the ys and those who organise the home end week in week out go fuck yourself. Sick of your shit cunt.

From your post can I safely assume that you aren't part of YS?

So please explain to me why the fuck YS should give a fuck as to what you think is the best way for us to express our opinion?

I would also say a cold and calculated message is more damning than some one who is upset and angrily yelling Aloisi out.

From your post can I safely assume that you aren't part of YS?

So please explain to me why the fuck YS should give a fuck as to what you think is the best way for us to express our opinion?

I would also say a cold and calculated message is more damning than some one who is upset and angrily yelling Aloisi out.Because as he has been posting for a year he is superior to all of us because he drapes himself in Merch...

Edited by cadete

Boff, I never said I was above anyone you douche! You called me an atmosphere sponge of which I demonstrating I am not!

You guys do not take criticism too well do you?

malloy, Heart is bigger than Yarraside and you guys should be more open to what non-core supporters think rather than telling them to fuck off at the drop of a hat!

I just don't agree with a silent protest and I wanted to voice my concerns on this forum so calm the fuck down!

Boff, I never said I was above anyone you douche! You called me an atmosphere sponge of which I demonstrating I am not!

malloy, Heart is bigger than Yarraside and you guys should be more open to what non-core supporters think rather than telling them to fuck off at the drop of a hat!

I just don't agree with a silent protest and I wanted to voice my concerns on this forum so calm the fuck down!

Shut up cunt you've always got an opinion on how the ys conducts itself unless you're in the ys it doesn't concern you nice and easy to understand

Boff, I never said I was above anyone you douche! You called me an atmosphere sponge of which I demonstrating I am not!

Where did I tell you to fuck off? The club is bigger than YS, but I am lost as to where I said or implied that we are.

Are we not allowed to express ourselves in the way we see fit?

And I do take offence to you saying that our not chanting for 45 mins is more damaging than JAs reign.

Your grasp of Yarraside terms are very poor... probably because you have fuck all to do with Yarraside.

Which is Malloy's point that seeing as your not a member of Yarraside your poorly constructed arguments and opinions about Yarraside are never going to be considered. (AND ithas nothing to do with YSIDE Core FWIW.)

So perhaps you should waste your time taking about something else... like maybe a thesis on why PPL need to wear Red and White.

Edited by cadete

Nice language Boffins! You need to understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion and have the right to voice their opinion. Just because some foul-mouthed junior-burger thinks he's hardcore doesn't mean we all need to sit down and shut up!

So you support the Sidwell-led appointment of Aloisi?

Nice language Boffins! You need to understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion and have the right to voice their opinion. Just because some foul-mouthed junior-burger thinks he's hardcore doesn't mean we all need to sit down and shut up!

I ain't a kid mate, everyone's welcome to express their own opinions but more often than not yours tends to be telling other people how they should dress and act. Wanna continue this pm me or come pub and discuss it in person.

Fwiw Red or Dead I don't feel the need for an argument, I have nothing to say. (Edit: It would be rude of me to ignore you as you addressed me personally).

Malloy has said anything I would've said.

I would hope that terrace members get behind it regardless of personal opinion.

Edited by theresonlyonebzamora

Where did I tell you to fuck off? The club is bigger than YS, but I am lost as to where I said or implied that we are.

And I do take offence to you saying that our not chanting for 45 mins is more damaging than JAs reign.

More than welcome to express yourselves, however the quote quote below does appear to suggest that the core YS puts itself above other supporters.

"Those critical of the terrace may as well have supported keeping Johnny A until Melbourne Heart was no longer relevant."

I fail to see how fans who are vocally call for the sacking of Aloisi yet disagree with the idea of a silent protest are supporting him. 

• Like 1

For some reason I can't quote on this stupid tablet so:

malloy, you are allowed to express yourselves, just as I (a paid member) should also be allowed to voice my concerns. What I meant by staying silent will cause damage I didn't mean YS will directly cause more damage by your protest than Aloisi, I meant a really shit atmosphere with really shit results has the potential to turn off more fans from coming to the game. I apologise for offending you (srs).

Serious guys, I'm not here to argue, fight or to tell you how to dress or act, I'm purely a concerned member who likes to voice his opinion. I feel like every time I voice my opinion though (which I have every right to) your first reaction is to fire up, swear at me and continue to remind me how you don't give a fuck about anything anyone says that isn't part of YS.

Boffins, I'd love to come to the pub pre-game and have a beer with you and discuss in a civil manner, but I have a newborn at home and my outings lately are restricted.

YS will eventually do what YS wants to do; don't bite my head off for having an opinion different to yours though...

• Like 1

More than welcome to express yourselves, however the quote quote below does appear to suggest that the core YS puts itself above other supporters.

"Those critical of the terrace may as well have supported keeping Johnny A until Melbourne Heart was no longer relevant."

I fail to see how fans who are vocally call for the sacking of Aloisi yet disagree with the idea of a silent protest are supporting him.

I don't see how the personal opinion of a person who is not in core can be twisted into core saying that we think we are above others.

Nice selective quoting. 

For some reason I can't quote on this stupid tablet so:

malloy, you are allowed to express yourselves, just as I (a paid member) should also be allowed to voice my concerns. What I meant by staying silent will cause damage I didn't mean YS will directly cause more damage by your protest than Aloisi, I meant a really shit atmosphere with really shit results has the potential to turn off more fans from coming to the game. I apologise for offending you (srs).

Serious guys, I'm not here to argue, fight or to tell you how to dress or act, I'm purely a concerned member who likes to voice his opinion. I feel like every time I voice my opinion though (which I have every right to) your first reaction is to fire up, swear at me and continue to remind me how you don't give a fuck about anything anyone says that isn't part of YS.

Boffins, I'd love to come to the pub pre-game and have a beer with you and discuss in a civil manner, but I have a newborn at home and my outings lately are restricted.

YS will eventually do what YS wants to do; don't bite my head off for having an opinion different to yours though...

I would happily sacrifice losing those people who are fickle enough to be turned away by us not chanting for 45 mins to show the club that we are not going to accept the clubs current position.

As I said the decision was not taken lightly and after giving consideration to many different issues we decided that this was the best option.

I think that we need to continue to vocally support the team on the pitch in our usual way but clearly show our demand for change through tifos, banners etc. Silence is too ambiguous a message, we are demanding that the players don't give up, our silence may be construed as us giving up. We need to demand excellence from the players and excellence from the club, support the team. #aloisiout

We will be chanting in the second half. sure but silence is no message or at very least a confused message, we are asking the players to try hard, we also need to try hard. Silence is not try hard, it'll be interpreted as 'given up'

I'm not gonna go into the logistics of what is planned, but our message will be heard.

yes it will be heard, but its more important that it is understood and that we don't leave people talking about the rights or wrongs rather than talking about the reason for our unhappiness. The message needs to be unambiguous, we are all disappointed and angry but we need to think clearly and not just act out. If you don't want to talk about the logistics then we should at least be talking with one voice about the message

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

I think that we need to continue to vocally support the team on the pitch in our usual way but clearly show our demand for change through tifos, banners etc. Silence is too ambiguous a message, we are demanding that the players don't give up, our silence may be construed as us giving up. We need to demand excellence from the players and excellence from the club, support the team. #aloisiout

We will be chanting in the second half.sure but silence is no message or at very least a confused message, we are asking the players to try hard, we also need to try hard. Silence is not try hard, it'll be interpreted as 'given up' I'm not gonna go into the logistics of what is planned, but our message will be heard.

yes it will be heard, but its more important that it is understood and that we don't leave people talking about the rights or wrongs rather than talking about the reason for our unhappiness. The message needs to be unambiguous, we are all disappointed and angry but we need to think clearly and not just act out. If you don't want to talk about the logistics then we should at least be talking with one voice about the message

Im starting to sound like a broken record. The decision was not taken lightly.

Maybe I should have been more precise the logistics and the scope (other than what has already been made public) of the protest will not be discussed on here due to various reasons. That includes whether or not their will be a message banner and if their is what the message will be.

Trust in YS Core.

• Like 1

Funny how people are happy to have chants started and tifos made on their behalf but when the core needs something from them it's not on. I'm not core but I think supporting those who make the decisions we all seem to be happy with and love to be apart of each week would be a given.

• Like 4

We will be chanting in the second half. sure but silence is no message or at very least a confused message, we are asking the players to try hard, we also need to try hard. Silence is not try hard, it'll be interpreted as 'given up' I'm not gonna go into the logistics of what is planned, but our message will be heard. yes it will be heard, but its more important that it is understood and that we don't leave people talking about the rights or wrongs rather than talking about the reason for our unhappiness. The message needs to be unambiguous, we are all disappointed and angry but we need to think clearly and not just act out. If you don't want to talk about the logistics then we should at least be talking with one voice about the message

Im starting to sound like a broken record. The decision was not taken lightly.

Maybe I should have been more precise the logistics and the scope (other than what has already been made public) of the protest will not be discussed on here due to various reasons. That includes whether or not their will be a message banner and if their is what the message will be.

Trust in YS Core.

Sure, but we need to be united now, we need to all work together

• Like 1

A silent protest with a message that will be heard?  :huh:

Good idea or bad idea who knows, there are pros and cons (I see more cons but i've been wrong before).

Good to see we all still have the passion, but we got to all stick together.

Lots of abuse going on on all forums is not really good for the club that hopefully we all still support after the current crop of management/players is turned over. 

Save the agro for the opposition.

A silent protest with a message that will be heard? :huh:

Good idea or bad idea who knows, there are pros and cons (I see more cons but i've been wrong before).

Good to see we all still have the passion, but we got to all stick together.

Lots of abuse going on on all forums is not really good for the club that hopefully we all still support after the current crop of management/players is turned over.

Save the agro for the opposition.

Actions speak louder than words ;)

To non Yarraside members, Yarraside put themselves on the line all the time to support the team far beyond any other members, respect should be shown in decisions they make provided those decisions are not of insulting or violent nature. Stand by your club and stand by your core supporter group.

• Like 3

I'm feeling some need some motivation, cause the last thing we need is divided supporters. We need to stay together. I thought I'd post this poem up, with a bit of my own editing. Might be a bit corny but I like it.

We are supporters,

of courage and heart.

Every member,

holds a critical part.

No matter what,

we shall never quit,

Tough and determined,

with plenty of grit.

Now is the time,

for us to unite

We need all our members,

to show them our might.

Only one thing,

should remain in our mind,

Change,

and how we shall find.

Through our silence,

justice shall be served,

At the end of the day,

our legacy,

will be forever preserved.

• Like 1

The negativity towards the core's decision here and on facebook is just as bad as witnessing a GM member walk into the active bay and tell one flag carrier to stop waving his flag because it's blocking his view (which I witnessed).
I'm getting the impression from these sponges that they expect active people to continuously sing and make some noise even if a shined turd is offered on a silver platter right in their face? Yside active members are definitely no puppets to the Heart Board and not a showpiece of entertainment for all supporters who come to AAMI Park to watch and this protest isn't showing that yarraside has walked out on the club for good. It's only for fucking 45 minutes.

You can call it tough love, but I swear to God nothing cringes me fucking more than seeing non-yside people twisting shit around and barking down at the terrace for this decision. You contributed fuck all for active support, you didn't purchase scarfs + stickers and you certainly didn't make any flags from what I can see. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is an independent group that will make its own decisions and those of who are not active members, your opinions are totally irrelevant because this active group did not sign some contract and shouldn't be forced to cheer and sing. It's obvious that many fans are pissed by how the board made their decision making and how JA manages the team. IMO doing this protest is a good idea to officially show from a significant section of the fan base that they are not pleased with it and not chanting "JA Out" in the heat of the moment when the team is playing poorly.

This is not a puppet support group who are rebelling orders and expectations from those around them, these are volunteers who go in week in week out to support the players but when there is shit presented to the fans in response to how hard people work in their own free time to make that little difference of adding one more flag or creating a new chant for others to engage, some form of action needs to be shown.

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 6

Young Polak, please don't see it as negativity, we all want the same thing, we just need to make sure that it is the clearest message possible. I'm not going to neck myself either and I don't suggest that anyone should

I'd say when a group who stands and chants each week isn't willing to do so for the first half of a home match displays a pretty clear message.

Standing and chanting each week doesn't seem to inspire the lads what fucking will.

YS core is right, we don't have to agree with the proposition but as supporters and members of the club it's important we respect the decision and back the guys who do make the terrace a wonderful place to be week in, week out by supporting the movement and protesting as a collective unit.

Young Polak, please don't see it as negativity, we all want the same thing, we just need to make sure that it is the clearest message possible. I'm not going to neck myself either and I don't suggest that anyone should

I see more negativity on the fb page, my last comment was too far

Edited by Young Polak