Melbourne Football

Player injuries

Cinnamon

that is good news, though I imagine his match fitness at his age would have dropped off heaps, so depending on how long before he can get back training properly with the main group could effect whether he is able to play more than a part off the bench before February.

Possibly, that is pretty soon though and if he is only running in straight lines now, then you'd reckon he'd be more than 3 weeks off.

This could be a dumb question as I dont know a thing about injuries or recovery but would I be right in assuming because he is back to running the recovery will become faster? because the running is some kind of  bigthreshold to get over?

Quite frankly I would rather he be allowed time for his leg to heal properly, sign for next season and play with us then rather than risk himself for the sake of a few matches when this season is basically shot anyway. The rest of his life is more important than a few matches for us. There's a bigger picture here that we should be mindful of.

• Like 2

that is good news, though I imagine his match fitness at his age would have dropped off heaps, so depending on how long before he can get back training properly with the main group could effect whether he is able to play more than a part off the bench before February.

Not so sure.  He's been running in that "low G" machine at Carlton, so should be in reasonable condition.  Its not like he's been sitting around sinking tinnies waiting for his leg to heal (hopefully!).  OK not match fitness but presumably enough to play off the bench once his leg has enough strength to deal with twisting.

Not so sure.  He's been running in that "low G" machine at Carlton, so should be in reasonable condition.  Its not like he's been sitting around sinking tinnies waiting for his leg to heal (hopefully!).  OK not match fitness but presumably enough to play off the bench once his leg has enough strength to deal with twisting.

He'd be a great bloke to sink tinnies with I reckon! Maybe the club should have a raffle with that as a prize!

• Like 1

As mentioned in the HK thread, Orlando is back running, albeit in straight lines only.

Probably 4 weeks off? That is my guess.

Wasn't there mention of him getting some minutes for the derby game?

At that age and due to the fact that he's only running in straight lines, I couldn't see him that close to returning. given that through general experience, it's often lateral movements and quick stop-starts that seem to have more stress on ligaments in which as a Central player he'll be doing a lot of. I'd say it's still a couple months off

Germano - calf (6 weeks)

Okay, probs time to cut him

He was complaining about his wage wassnt he? I wonder if he is just not putting into his recovery as much as he can? Although he was hooked up to that machine at latrobe, He probably just has a really bad running action.

Germano - calf (6 weeks)

Okay, probs time to cut him

He was complaining about his wage wassnt he? I wonder if he is just not putting into his recovery as much as he can? Although he was hooked up to that machine at latrobe, He probably just has a really bad running action.

Has consistently complained about his wage...

The bloke appears to do as much work as my fucken lazy cat does in a day.

After having the 2nd or 3rd worst injury rating for the last few seasons action needed to taken. So it looks like Simone Ripamonti has officially replaced Reddin, which looks like a good change IMO. It would be nice if the club confirmed it, though.

Also, It looked like Simon Storey (this guy http://myphysiotherapist.org/about-me.html) is now a physiotherapist at Heart. I'm pretty sure that was him who gave some of our players treatment last week on the pitch when we played WSW. I wonder if that means another person, like Belinda, has been axed?

Edited by Murfy1

After having the 2nd or 3rd worst injury rating for the last few seasons action needed to taken. So it looks like Simone Ripamonti has officially replaced Reddin, which looks like a good change IMO. It would be nice if the club confirmed it, though.

Also, It looked like Simon Storey (this guy http://myphysiotherapist.org/about-me.html) is now a physiotherapist at Heart. I'm pretty sure that was him who gave some of our players treatment last week on the pitch when we played WSW. I wonder if that means another person, like Belinda, has been axed?

I think he trialled with us as a player at one stage?

Belinda is still shown on the club website.

I think he trialled with us as a player at one stage?

Belinda is still shown on the club website.

I'm not sure if Storey trialled with us. He might have, but I don't remember it happening.

Also I just guessed that Belinda might have been released. Maybe we just have another physio in Storey (it wouldn't be too surprising, as we seem to have more assistant coaches than most teams, so why not have more physios than most teams?).

Whatever's the case, hopefully our fitness/conditioning department gets the shake-up it needs, and we stop having so many injuries.

Edited by Murfy1

Between the lack of real communication with supporters and the treatment of GA supporters for the derby games, I have a very low opinion of the club at present.

I saw a picture of D-Mac training during the week. Is he back?

supposedly '1 week' but as we know next week it is just as likely to mysteriously be '6 weeks'.

The club has gotten noticeably worse with communicating with it's supporters. For example, they used to do these 'state of play with JA' videos, where JA would talk for 5 or so minutes and update supporters on how players are going, upcoming opponents and so on. But then they just called press conferences 'state of play' videos, and now Melbourne Heart don't do these 'state of play' videos at all. And while videos weren't perfect, they were a good idea, and they were an actual case of Heart staff directly communicating/speaking to supporters (dare I say it, Victory do something similar with their 'Victory Whiteboard' videos, and they are a good idea).

These videos were much better than the next to no communication we are getting now. The club has clammed up, and it's really unimpressive. 

• Like 1

They're in a state of denial.

Denial can involve a flat out rejection of the existence of a fact or reality. In other cases, it might involve admitting that something is true, but minimizing its importance. Sometimes people will accept reality and the seriousness of the fact, but they will deny their own responsibility and instead blame other people or other outside forces.

• Like 2

• jw1739 unpinned this topic