Melbourne Football

Player injuries

Cinnamon

At least one article now has been published about our new fitness/conditioning coach. Anyone speak Italian?

BbOreRjCIAAQ8ot.jpg

I wonder if this guy has worked with Engelaar before, the photo gives every indication that he has been affiliated with Shalke and as we all know that's one of Engelaar's previous clubs. This guy to sign on for next season, and then fit Engelaar under the cap next season?

With JvS, Nus and now Ripamonti added to the football department there can't be any excuses from now on. The Board said it would add resources - it has. We have a sound senior list, even if not outstanding, and a good NYL list.

There are absolutely no excuses left for the players or for JA.

It is time for the club to deliver to its long-suffering supporters.

Jan 17 against the Jets is when he'll debut off the bench.

How do you know this?I've been told by my dutch source that a couple on here know about that this is the game the conditioning staff are aiming for.

Edit: off the bench is just an assumption.

Edited by Jimmy

Am I right in saying there has been no niggles/injuries picked up from the last round?

I asked Harry ( on the flight back) how he pulled up, he said he was ok

I've been very happy with your airport inside-the-locker-room reporting, I encourage you to travel with the team more often

Am I right in saying there has been no niggles/injuries picked up from the last round?

I asked Harry ( on the flight back) how he pulled up, he said he was ok

I've been very happy with your airport inside-the-locker-room reporting, I encourage you to travel with the team more often

Ha , thanks !!

A stroke of good luck, the one time in my life where I was happy to be stuck in airport waiting lounge!

Sightings of Engelaar and Germano today:

9iqvm8.jpg

Tweet from Simone Ripamonti: "#sand #training to improve #balance #strength at St. Kilda #Melbourne @MelbourneHeart"

Bb5ClU1IgAA0bex.jpg

Aloisi suggested today that Engelaar might start doing proper training next week.

If that's true then they will surely beat that Jan 17 target.

I like this new guy already, keeps us all more informed

• Like 1

9iqvm8.jpg

Tweet from Simone Ripamonti: "#sand #training to improve #balance #strength at St. Kilda #Melbourne @MelbourneHeart"

Bb5ClU1IgAA0bex.jpg

Aloisi suggested today that Engelaar might start doing proper training next week.

Buy the look at that first photo, Orlando's leg is taller then Germano

9iqvm8.jpg

Bb5ClU1IgAA0bex.jpg

If that's true then they will surely beat that Jan 17 target.

I like this new guy already, keeps us all more informed

he sure knows how to use a hashtag.

not sure we want Germano touching Engelaar though, never know what injury he'll pass on

In the Herald Sun today I read that D-Mac was back in full training and it was good because there'd more pressure for starting spots.

I can't remember which player they were quoting, but he suggested that it was good to have Kewell and DMac back at training because they're more experienced players and the other players can learn off them...or something like that...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any info about Germano's mystery injury?  If it was a simple as not being able to get back after a hard slog in Albury surely they would have said (no shame in that for a guy on the injury comeback trail).  I believe they are saying "soreness"?  Out for 2 weeks?  Ok I would accept that if he was in his 40s, but he's an athlete in his early 20s with professional support.

• jw1739 unpinned this topic