Melbourne Football

Your best and worst ever MH moments

Southerner

Best: When a KGB boy got pulled from ACG and some of the loudest chanting in the game followed, was quite a laugh

Worst: It's neck and neck between watching Archie's chip slowly bounce in to win the derby or the speeding up of chants from derby specials at the latest Etihad derby

• Like 2

Best:

December 2011 as a period.  

includes the 3-2 win over the visitors (and a handball winner IIRC and Matty Thompson's excellent brace), that 4-0 win over Sydney and the 2-1 win to break the Roar's record streak (and Germano's delightful celebration).

although last season's derby win was rather memorable for the way all my visitor associates moaned the usual shit despite knowing full well the Heart out did them (much to my constant reminding)

Worst;

Thompson's 90+ min to steal that derby game last season after Fred had equalised - was completely flat for three days

although the following do take the cake too

1. the lethargic performance against Adelaide in the Monday night game at home last season.

2. the loss away to Wellington last season when 2-0 up within 20 minutes (really set the tone for away games.

3. Losing Craig Goodwin to Newcastle after his breakout (half) season and then selling Behich 6 months later

4. the finals loss to Smeltz (not just Perth Glory). can't stand the bloke - pardon the pun but nothing more than a glory / goal poacher with little else to offer (much like Danny Allsop)

Edited by mattyh001

Worst: Away loss to sydney in the dying minutes.

Oh shit. I totally blocked that from my mind. I cannot begin to imagine how shite that must have been for the people that travelled for that

Yep, my first and only away trip (so far). It was embarrassing leaving the stadium and getting laughed at by the smurfs

• Like 1

Worst: attended the derby at etihad where we lost 2-1 and resulted into people breaking the chairs and making the front page of the herald sun. I was on the side where it was worse off full of derby specials ripping chairs and throwing them around the bay and throwing the seats towards victory supporters above us on level 2 that were giving them shit. Where it was a disgusting scene with victory dads throwing down beers and spitting on heart fans which rustled up the specials. Was with my younger brother and I was responsible for whatever happens to him so I decided to try and leave the stadium 3 minutes before full time because shit was starting to hit the fan pretty hard and didn't want some cunt throwing a chair towards level 2 and fail and hit my brother or I. However, some massive neck bearded fat cunt blocked the pathway of the stairs and yelled at me to fucking stay put and support heart until the end and I had no choice.

Nowadays I really can't be fucked attending future etihad trips from that really shitty experience and the negative atmosphere produced in the away bay. Turned me off pretty bad

Best: watching golgol score that cracking goal against wsw and lifted my hopes up that heart can finish on a high beating those wankers at the last home game of the season

Edited by Young Polak

Best: Christmas Derby 2011, fantastic night, the first derby last season was awesome as well.
Worst: Derby loss at Etihad last year. Was seriously terrified walking back to the station from Etihad, was with my younger brother as well which made it worse, couple of Visitor fans tried to start us. I now make an effort not to have Heart stuff really noticable at Etihad derbies in case something like that happens again.