Melbourne Football

Orlando Engelaar

Murfy1

surely he couldn't play friday night. He's only played 30 mins in the youth team. Would at least like him to play a full youth game or 90 min training game at full pace.

IMO it would be madness to play him. What is the point? The season is shot anyway. 25 minutes in a match at half-pace against 16-yr-olds - if we play him on Friday then we have completely lost the plot.

• Like 4

Don't see how coming on in the 80th minute v Newcastle can do him any harm. If he feels could he could still play the youth game the day after.

Spot on!!!

Give him 20 min on Friday

Then up to 45 in youth team on Saturday (if he can do it)

Surely 10 minutes in the seniors won't hurt? Whats the point of playing our marquee signing in the youth league? I understand he's still underdone but the guys just got too much quality to be left playing in the youth week after week.

The least he could do is come on and destroy ruban zadkovich on friday. Hate that bloke

Surely 10 minutes in the seniors won't hurt? Whats the point of playing our marquee signing in the youth league? I understand he's still underdone but the guys just got too much quality to be left playing in the youth week after week.

The least he could do is come on and destroy ruban zadkovich on friday. Hate that bloke

well going by the size of him zadkovich will probably be scared and stay away most of the time

We still need someone who can put the ball into the net during the match, not just in training.

I'm at the stage now that I would bench misfud and get you or Hoffman up front as a striker

Between Hoffman and Mifsud they've scored a combined total of 2 goals for our club. I'm sure that I could play and end up only 1 goal behind each of them:)

ok hate the guy, but shit he'd be great for us in the middle , never stops running, got some mongrel in him, good ball control and passing, and strong on the ball

As much as I like Mass, he gets pushed of the ball to easy and loses it as well

We still need someone who can put the ball into the net during the match, not just in training.

I'm at the stage now that I would bench misfud and get you or Hoffman up front as a striker

Between Hoffman and Mifsud they've scored a combined total of 2 goals for our club. I'm sure that I could play and end up only 1 goal behind each of them:) Or you could get lucky like willo did vs ccm at AAMI and tap 1 in or close your eyes and stick your face in the path if the ball like kalmar did vs mv.

Such quality goals..... Bella! You couldn't do any worse

@Believe !!!

I'm at the stage now that I would bench misfud and get you or Hoffman up front as a strikerBetween Hoffman and Mifsud they've scored a combined total of 2 goals for our club. I'm sure that I could play and end up only 1 goal behind each of them:)Or you could get lucky like willo did vs ccm at AAMI and tap 1 in or close your eyes and stick your face in the path if the ball like kalmar did vs mv.

@Believe !!! Or you could follow on the wilo trend and cross the ball in and accidentally put it in the back of the net

Edited by Fentonthescreamingcactus

I'm at the stage now that I would bench misfud and get you or Hoffman up front as a striker Between Hoffman and Mifsud they've scored a combined total of 2 goals for our club. I'm sure that I could play and end up only 1 goal behind each of them:) Or you could get lucky like willo did vs ccm at AAMI and tap 1 in or close your eyes and stick your face in the path if the ball like kalmar did vs mv.

@Believe !!!

OK, I'm kitting up. I don't have a clue when it comes to playing football but I'm a nice guy, can I have a 4 year contract please? I don't really have an injury history but I can work on it.

I'm at the stage now that I would bench misfud and get you or Hoffman up front as a striker Between Hoffman and Mifsud they've scored a combined total of 2 goals for our club. I'm sure that I could play and end up only 1 goal behind each of them:) Or you could get lucky like willo did vs ccm at AAMI and tap 1 in or close your eyes and stick your face in the path if the ball like kalmar did vs mv.

@Believe !!!

OK, I'm kitting up. I don't have a clue when it comes to playing football but I'm a nice guy, can I have a 4 year contract please? I don't really have an injury history but I can work on it.

So long as you use twitter reguarly.

• Like 1

I'm at the stage now that I would bench misfud and get you or Hoffman up front as a strikerBetween Hoffman and Mifsud they've scored a combined total of 2 goals for our club. I'm sure that I could play and end up only 1 goal behind each of them:)Or you could get lucky like willo did vs ccm at AAMI and tap 1 in or close your eyes and stick your face in the path if the ball like kalmar did vs mv.

@Believe !!!

OK, I'm kitting up. I don't have a clue when it comes to playing football but I'm a nice guy, can I have a 4 year contract please? I don't really have an injury history but I can work on it.Fantastic !!!!

You're in, pls sign here as soon as you can prove you are over 35

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 1

ok hate the guy, but shit he'd be great for us in the middle , never stops running, got some mongrel in him, good ball control and passing, and strong on the ball

As much as I like Mass, he gets pushed of the ball to easy and loses it as well

Sounds a bit like Jobe Wheelhouse who we could have had as our midfield hacker with Carlos Hernandez providing the creativity. But that was a script that never made it to production. We got the black comedy instead.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/melbourne-heart/news/1178742/Engelaar-pushing-for-a-Heart-start

Melbourne Heart's Dutch midfielder, Orlando Engelaar, could make a shock return to the starting line-up for the Round 15 clash with Newcastle Jets this week.

The 34 year-old holding midfielder broke his leg in August during a trial match against Brisbane Roar in Lismore. On his return to competitive football he played 30 minutes for Heart’s National Youth league team in its 3-1 win over Melbourne Victory last weekend.

Heart coach John van't Schip said on Thursday that Engelaar will play a role in the Jets match at AAMI Park on Saturday.

The World Game has since learned the skillful playmaker is a strong chance to start the match, with Van't Schip believed to have been impressed with Engelaar's fitness during Melbourne's searing heat wave this week.

Heart is looking to break its run of 19 matches without a win and in a further boost, captain Harry Kewell has been passed fit to start after being substituted in the second half of the Round 14 loss to against Perth Glory.

Great news on this man potentially starting, some think it might be too soon, but the club knows his condition better than anyone.

At the weekend he came of early as part of a preconceived cautious approach, but he looked real fresh on the bench.

Didn't look ginger or bothered, was smiling and happy, waving to his family and supporters as he changed into his training top, etc.

He's a smart player, conservative with his energy, in a good way, so that will help his cause.

Every chance he could start and play a half, plus maybe another 10-15 in the second haf after they assess his condition.

How ironic that we'll snap our streak with this bloke..

Jan 17 against the Jets is when he'll debut off the bench.

How do you know this? I've been told by my dutch source that a couple on here know about that this is the game the conditioning staff are aiming for.

Edit: off the bench is just an assumption.

The big guy, coming up with the goods!

I really cant wait. We have had to wait for so long for our marquee to actually play a game. I hope there are more interviews with him and I hope he has a massive impact.

finally this shirt of mine wont end up a mistake.

hrJ1inAl.jpg?1

Edited by Dylan

Engelaar looked as unstoppable as the Terminator tonight

Sat way too deep though.

I'm hoping this is because of lack of fitness, not his natural game style.

Gave the opposition room to carry the ball forward, caused us problems.

Very calm on the ball, however.

probably a reflection of the quality of the 2 central defenders behind him!