Melbourne Football

Pre-Season Friendlies

hakz7

its 3pm on a wensday dont think there will be that many yside out there some of us do have jobs.

I am going to try get out of my gig at David Jones for the day,

The one where I attempt to turn Melbourne’s “Boisterous Boys” into “Placid Prima Donnas” by giving classes in how to do top buttons up on polos.

:up:

• Like 4

The La Trobe game is free entry for everyone, even if you aren't a member. The Richmond game, is free for members and to indicate that you're a heart member, you just have to print off the confirmation email you received when you purchased your membership and present that at the gate to get the free entry

Does 2012/13 not count? It usually does for pre-season...

i emailed the club today and they told me that the Richmond game is free for anyone?

The La Trobe game is free entry for everyone, even if you aren't a member. The Richmond game, is free for members and to indicate that you're a heart member, you just have to print off the confirmation email you received when you purchased your membership and present that at the gate to get the free entry

i emailed the club today and they told me that the Richmond game is free for anyone?

I too emailed the club pertaining to entry for preseason matches and this was their response:

Hi,

Great to have you on board for the 2013-14 season!

In regards to entry to pre-season matches, please print off and bring your proof of purchase (the email that you received confirming your payment for your membership) and that will allow you entry to all pre-season matches.

Please note that next Wednesday's match against La Trobe University XI will be free for everyone so you will not need to bring a proof of purchase. However, for the Richmond game I suggest that you bring your proof of purchase for that match.

All the best, Your team at MHFC

#HeartBelieve

---------------

So, the Richmond game may very well be free, they suggested that I bring my proof of purchase though. Might be worth bringing a proof of purchase, or your 2012/13 membership just in case.

I don't understand how there going to police that though deluka. What's going to stop me from printing 100 copies of my membership conformation forum and handing them out the front of Richmond stadium? Just seems like it would be easier to just let people in for free. Its not like they are going to check out each forum individually

Yeah, I've got no idea how they'll police it, if at all. I'm just relaying what was sent to me, but by the sound of things it will probably operate on an honesty system. It may very well be free, because the person who emailed me said that they 'suggest' bring proof of purchase which indicates that they weren't 100% sure if it was free or not, who knows...

• Like 1

I too emailed the club pertaining to entry for preseason matches and this was their response:

Hi,

In regards to entry to pre-season matches, please print off and bring your proof of purchase (the email that you received confirming your payment for your membership) and that will allow you entry to all pre-season matches.

Please note that next Wednesday's match against La Trobe University XI will be free for everyone so you will not need to bring a proof of purchase. However, for the Richmond game I suggest that you bring your proof of purchase for that match.

#HeartBelieve

---------------

So, the Richmond game may very well be free, they suggested that I bring my proof of purchase though. Might be worth bringing a proof of purchase, or your 2012/13 membership just in case.

i got sent this:

Hi Brodie,

Thank you for your email.

Entry will be free for the pre-season Melbourne Heart FC vs Richmond SC fixture on Friday 16 August so you won’t require a membership card.

We are working hard on getting these out to members soon! Thanks for signing up #HeartBelieve!!

Kind regards,

Mel

Hi,

#HeartBelieve

---------------

i got sent this:

Hi Brodie,

Entry will be free for the pre-season Melbourne Heart FC vs Richmond SC fixture on Friday 16 August so you won’t require a membership card.

We are working hard on getting these out to members soon! Thanks for signing up #HeartBelieve!!

Kind regards,

Mel

Mel is the best out of the lot.

Have delt with her so much that she knows me by name.

More than likely curses every time she gets a call or or an email from me lmao

Hi,

#HeartBelieve

---------------

i got sent this:

Hi Brodie,

Kind regards,

Mel

Mel is the best out of the lot.

Have delt with her so much that she knows me by name.

More than likely curses every time she gets a call or or an email from me lmao

x 2. Except without the cursing lol

Anyone know how to get to Epping Soccer Stadium from epping station by bus? cause says its a 50 min walk  :huh: 

When I last looked there is a very limited bus service. The route is shown in Melways and then you can look at the timetable on the Public Transport/Metlink website.

I think the 575 bus will get you nearly there, someone else will have to confirm though

Yep, starts from Thomastown station

I used google maps to show the bus route, stating from Thomo station

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=High+St%2FState+Route+29&daddr=-37.6801909,145.013212+to:-37.6799015,145.0103851+to:-37.6791933,145.003503+to:-37.6787784,144.9995409+to:-37.6634791,145.0055886+to:-37.6514266,145.0177191+to:-37.6519101,145.0235743+to:-37.6283463,145.0273069+to:-37.6296034,145.0152679+to:-37.6218726,145.0160101+to:Epping+soccer+stadium&hl=en&ll=-37.629094,145.031075&spn=0.007197,0.016512&sll=-37.650937,145.014038&sspn=0.115118,0.264187&geocode=FWELwf0dWLykCA%3BFcILwf0d3LmkCCmLBfkrc0_WajHAON_rdFYEEw%3BFeMMwf0d0a6kCCmhneKjdE_WajHAM9_rdFYEEw%3BFacPwf0d75OkCCl_o8E0nk_WajEgXWLsdFYEEw%3BFUYRwf0ddISkCCmJi-bInk_WajGQH9_rdFYEEw%3BFQlNwf0dFJykCCkdk3CuAE_WajEBzTTsdFYEEw%3BFR58wf0dd8ukCCltCUa2707WajFxNDICYjuBOg%3BFTp6wf0dVuKkCCnnVSYT6U7WajHxKTTsdFYEEw%3BFUbWwf0d6vCkCCkdg2z_H0zWajHQfQftdFYEEw%3BFV3Rwf0d48GkCCk_BUqlhE7WajFCnhzDo9VrNA%3BFZDvwf0dysSkCClHTheBKEzWajFC4TCFuGIYoA%3BFUDlwf0deeukCCGgDTIFdlYEDymlnfoPIUzWajGgDTIFdlYEDw&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&via=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10&z=17

Note: Before the bus goes to Lyndarum Drive, It goes right into Hayston Boulevard then back on route

575 Timetable and stops in between: http://ptv.vic.gov.au/timetables/line/8342?command=direct&language=en&net=vic&line=04575&sup=%20&project=ttb&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_loadNTPs=1&itdLPxx_showNTPS=20&itdLPxx_selLineDir=H&itdLPxx_selWDType=T0&itdLPxx_scrollOffset=328

Simple map of route: http://ptv.vic.gov.au/assets/Maps/Routes/PDFs/6929_Bus575.pdf

Get off before Harvest Home in Greenfields Drive, then walk right down Harvest Home and you'll see the stadium

You're Welcome :)

Please create a song for Orlando and make him feel loved, we need the lad to sign.

To the tune of Don't you know it's magic by John Farnham

Dont you know he's magic

Orlando, he's magic

Take your hand to your Heart and do what's best

Give us whole lotta love, a lotta happiness

Oh don't you know it's magic

Orlando, he's magic

Slotting home another goal or maybe three

Dunno lines 4, 5 and 7 could be mixed up a bit but I think there's certainly potential in the tune

• Like 1

Not sure about Mac and Billy starting in the same line-up. Would imagine, when the season rolls around, it would be one or the other from a tactical view point.

True, wonder what formation they will start with? Only seems to be three natural defenders in the starting line up. Maybe Murdocca will go to left back

only guessing, but if a 4-5-1

...................................................Velaphi

........Murdocca...............Vrankovic.............Gerhardt.............Mithcneson

.......................................Retre.....................Hoffman

....Konstantinidis......................Dugandzic....................Williams

................................................MaCallister

Mind you, I am assuming Retre is a DM.  he could be a right back, something that would make a bit of sense since he and Murdocca would swap

Edited by mattyh001