Melbourne Football

Pre-Season Friendlies

hakz7

Thinking I might go to the game in Shep, does anybody think we'll field a strong-ish side?

I think I saw a tweet from the club or Munn saying that all the new guys should be playing. Talk about HK too, but I'm more expecting him to come on in the 2nd half. Might be surprised though.

Wouldn't mind seeing Wielaert, Murdocca and Ramsay play 90, Kewell will probably play a half.

Pfft fuck these 'friendly' games. All they do is bring out the euro casuals. Worry about doing well in the a-league season and the rewards will come

It's amazing how many football fans there really are, but the sad truth is that the majority think they're too good to go to A-League games.

95,000 is amazing but yeah, bring on the proper season.

• Like 1

Victory play Liverpool, We play a bunch of sheep farmers 

At least get your dumb comment right, Shepparton has also been known Australia wide primarily for its fruit farming for 150 years.

Basically the gulf between the two clubs at the minute.

It really is all or nothing for you Melburnian.

I look forward to when you stop knocking Heart on every single petty turn and get back to trying to be the star of the show with your infamous “Rival Membership Campaign”.

• Like 1

At least get your dumb comment right, Shepparton has also been known Australia wide primarily for its fruit farming for 150 years.

I look forward to when you stop knocking Heart on every single petty turn and get back to trying to be the star of the show with your infamous “Rival Membership Campaign”.

I look forward to you stop deep throating the club and knocking people that have had more experience in dealing with these people than you have.

Rival membership campaign? Maybe. Never the intention but figures showed the true spike when it was launched. Not bad for a one man idea and two man operation with no finances based purely on the love of a club. Amazing what can be done with initiative and want. If you want to have a go at someone giving time and finances to try and help go ahead. I'd say you better stop acting like a know it all forum poster and actually contribute to the club before throwing stones at others.

My opinion of the people at the club is after having extensive meetings and workings with the club over the years even before we were known as Red and White. So basically yes, it's all or nothing for me now. The club is going nowhere with the people at our club.

So anyway, this was fun.

I wonder if we're gonna play the Peninsula XI in Langwarrin again!?! That was a nice little trip to watch Heart in a pre-season friendly... 

I Believe we are, except not in langwarrin this time. I herd a rumour that it is being played in Frankston at the Frankston dolphins (VFL) ground.

Not to far to walk from the station. 

Im sure i will find out more details soon.

I look forward to you stop deep throating the club and knocking people that have had more experience in dealing with these people than you have.

Rival membership campaign? Maybe. Never the intention but figures showed the true spike when it was launched. Not bad for a one man idea and two man operation with no finances based purely on the love of a club. Amazing what can be done with initiative and want. If you want to have a go at someone giving time and finances to try and help go ahead. I'd say you better stop acting like a know it all forum poster and actually contribute to the club before throwing stones at others.

My opinion of the people at the club is after having extensive meetings and workings with the club over the years even before we were known as Red and White. So basically yes, it's all or nothing for me now. The club is going nowhere with the people at our club.

So anyway, this was fun.

Deep Throating The Club? :huh: 

This coming from the bloke who spoke glowingly to packed room at The Imperial of possible MHFC Supporters about how happy and thrilled he was to be a Club Lapdog and receive funding from MHFC for his Supporter Group.   :droy:

(For the record Yarraside has never ever received any Club Funding – Nor have I.)

And for the record mate I have put a little bit of time and money into the club. :up:

I even did my part in S2 in helping with getting a younger crowd more engaged in the club (There was no Official Thread though). :up:

I formally joined Yarraside a third into S1 and became a YSIDE Core Member by the Season’s End since then I have played a role in every single Derby Tifo Display. :up:

I also dont have the best Away Game Attendance in Yarraside but I def have one better than most. :up:

When it comes to dealing with club I must admit perhaps you probably have slightly more of a face to face relationship with club.

I do however have a strong knowledge of how MHFC and Mr Munn have operated with Hearts Largest Supporter Group.

And I can say that up to this point... the Club has treated us a lot better than other Independent Group’s have been by their Clubs in this League.

I dont know what you wanted the club to do for you, perhaps hire you or something but it’s time to move on as this Jilted Lover stuff is getting boring.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 5

Not taking anything away from you melburnian and i hope not many people read this, for your ego's sake. But that 'one melburnian' campaign wasn't original. All you done was put a name to what, almost, every foundation member has been doing since day one... bring a person with you to the football. lol I brought at least 7 members to the club, you don't see me criticizing the club or asking for something back? I'm still selling the club to everyone i know. 

The people behind the scenes have given a lot more than 'time and money' for this club, more than you'll ever know or read about... It's all or nothing every fucking week, home or away. The Yarraside Core are some of the most dedicated and loyal people you will ever meet. A family away from family.

I'm not sure what your concept of family is, but when your looking down at the Y-side from your seat above us, and you see us chanting as one, i hope you get a little envious because your attitude atm is a big change from when you first jumped on board, you were all about the club - for the club - and for this family. Now you're segregating yourself because of some 'holier than thou' attitude. 

So with all due respect... wake up and smell the mermaids, because either you're with us or you're overboard.

• Like 1

interesting that ross archibald is on the bench. i wonder what the club plans to do with him, whether they consider giving him a senior contract or a youth team contract. Surely with only 3 spots left on the roster (2 if garcia re-signs), there won't be enough room for him in the seniors for this season