Melbourne Football

Nick Ward looking for contract

alexiano

Lolsworthy addition to the club

Him even  training with us is an impediment to our development. Players will be wasting valuable time receiving quality passes by having to chase after his horrendous touches.

Edited by Che

Surely we're just providing a bit of charity by letting him train while he's assessing his future in the VPL.

I'm almost certain this is what's happening. Heart have let lots of people train with us, who never became apart of our club, for example Sasa Ognenovski and Mark Bresciano. We let them train with us when there was no chance that we would or could sign them (although, those examples aren't perfect, as I like to think that Heart might look to sign them in the future). My memory isn't working too well this late, but I'm sure that others could think of a good number of players that Heart have let train with us, that we didn't sign.

If Heart actually is stupid enough to sign Ward, then the club deserves all the criticism that can be thrown at it. The fact that he's been a terrible player for the past few seasons and is at an age, 28, where he's almost certain not to get any better is the main reason I'd loath Heart for signing him, even more than the fact that he was a Victory player. And I'd be very very annoyed if we signed another victory player.

I'm going to assume this club isn't THAT stupid and we're charitably letting Ward train with us. If this club acts that stupidly, then it will deserve the criticism it receives and Munn and Didulica will deserve to be named and shamed consequently. I feel that I've given this club and its administrators a lot of leeway, but I would not tolerate that.

• Like 1

Surely we're just providing a bit of charity by letting him train while he's assessing his future in the VPL.

I'm almost certain this is what's happening. Heart have let lots of people train with us, who never became apart of our club, for example Sasa Ognenovski and Mark Bresciano. We let them train with us when there was no chance that we would or could sign them (although, those examples aren't perfect, as I like to think that Heart might look to sign them in the future). My memory isn't working too well this late, but I'm sure that others could think of a good number of players that Heart have let train with us, that we didn't sign.

If Heart actually is stupid enough to sign Ward, then the club deserves all the criticism that can be thrown at it. The fact that he's been a terrible player for the past few seasons and is at an age, 28, where he's almost certain not to get any better is the main reason I'd loath Heart for signing him, even more than the fact that he was a Victory player. And I'd be very very annoyed if we signed another victory player.

I'm going to assume this club isn't THAT stupid and we're charitably letting Ward train with us. If this club acts that stupidly, then it will deserve the criticism it receives and Munn and Didulica will deserve to be named and shamed consequently. I feel that I've given this club and its administrators a lot of leeway, but I would not tolerate that.

I hope your right mate.

Id say this guy is as useful as tits on a bull, but that would be flattering this waste of space

Edited by [LIBBA]

Maybe Murf is right, but IMO letting players of the calibre of Ward train with us without some form of explanation just sends all the wrong messages to the club's supporters.

We've made some reasonable new signings so far, and there are still a number to go if we're to have any sort of chance of top four this season. This Ward business just raises the question in everyone's mind as to whether we've given up on some of our original targets...and we don't need that sort of uncertainty.

We might just be helping Ward out, but why bother - I'd prefer to see the efforts of the coaching staff directed towards our own players. 100%.

Not a good move by MHFC.

the squad size of an a-league team is very limited. A spot on a roster is like gold and we cannot afford to be just giving spots away to anyone because they're "a nice guy". Especially in our next few signings which are crucial in determining the type of season we'll have. We've already wasted a spot on Hoffman, and arguablly Macallister, so wasting another on someone like Ward would be idiotic and illogical.

• Like 1

I agree we dont need Ward around the club... 

However a number of PPL on this forum were begging for MHFC to scour and sign VPL players only a month so ago:

If they watched the VPL then they would realise that it’s a league largely dominated by Veterans and A League rejects exactly like Ward at the cost of Junior Development. (Hence the restructure plans for next season.)

It probably also would not hurt for the constant stream of Posters on here who view our Youth Team as some fountain of readymade A League talent to also attend a few NYL games to realise that it is a league where the overwhelming majority of players will never play A League.

And no matter how great Goodwin and Walker become the above underlined fact is not going change for at least a few years yet.

Edited by cadete

Y'kmow I've been to Bunnings looking to buy a tool.  I start off with the Bosch, De Walt Makita and then I see an Ozito for 1/3 of the price and stupidly I end up buying it.  Of course the job takes twice as long or the tool fails before I finish and I hate myself for choosing the cheap option.

Nick Ward is the Ozito of Australian football tools.

• Like 6