Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

"a club with sound foundation principles but a hollow identity"

"Wow, not sure what is worse, being accused of a lack of identity or having a hollow one.  Yet another unjustified and cheap snipe at Heart IMO."

What he's basically saying is that in his opinion Heart has no depth of character, that it does not shape itself from its internal values but allows itself to be shaped by external factors.

I'd agree that it's a cheap shot at MHFC, because IMO it could in fact be directed at any one of the A-League clubs, which are all heavily throttled by FFA to the point of blandness. Under such restraints it is actually quite hard to develop a solid identity. What I would like to ask Gerard is in what way does he think we have departed from our "solid foundation principles" and what else he would have us do to develop the identity that he sees as missing. That's not to say that there probably are things that we could do differently, but I'd like to hear Gerard back up his broad generalization with something more specific.

Don't fret too much about it, opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one.

Ever? Is there footage of the ball that hit him to cause the "whiplash"?

This "whiplash" they speak of is actually neurological pain.

Pinched a nerve (somewhere in is upper body I think) which is causing pain in his leg.

That can be a bitch !! Suffering from a few pinched nerves and knowing people that also have, it can be rather painful. 

Ever? Is there footage of the ball that hit him to cause the "whiplash"?

This "whiplash" they speak of is actually neurological pain.

Pinched a nerve (somewhere in is upper body I think) which is causing pain in his leg.

Yeah nerve pain in his hamstring area...

Geeze couldn't see this coming toss-off_smiley.gif

Harry injured for 2 to 3 matches on 40k >>> Mr Richard "Loyalty" Garcia stinking it up (As he is currently for SFC) on the 300k we offered him. :up:

Would rather a captain on the park for a full year over one who can only captain us for two games coz his neck got sore from heading a ball :oops: :oops: :oops:

Harry injured for 2 to 3 matches on 40k >>> Mr Richard "Loyalty" Garcia stinking it up (As he is currently for SFC) on the 300k we offered him. :up:

Would rather a captain on the park for a full year over one who can only captain us for two games coz his neck got sore from heading a ball :oops: :oops: :oops:

What are you even saying?

That Kewell who has played large parts of his career with immense injury (Including for the Socceroos) really only has a Sore Neck rather than Whiplash and is using this Minor Injury as an excuse not to play for Heart?? :hmm:

Strong Detective Skills mate :up:

Edited by cadete

What are you even saying?

That Kewell who has played large parts of his career with immense injury (Including for the Socceroos) really only has a Sore Neck rather than Whiplash and is using this Minor Injury as an excuse not to play for Heart?? :hmm:

The same Kewell who had a 'sick mother in law' that he had to go rush back to England for.

King WUM.

Would rather a captain on the park for a full year over one who can only captain us for two games coz his neck got sore from heading a ball :oops: :oops: :oops: What are you even saying?

That Kewell who has played large parts of his career with immense injury (Including for the Socceroos) really only has a Sore Neck rather than Whiplash and is using this Minor Injury as an excuse not to play for Heart?? :hmm:

The same Kewell who had a 'sick mother in law' that he had to go rush back to England for.

King WUM.

So do you also think he is currently milking this injury so he does not have to play for Heart? :hmm:

Edited by cadete

Would rather a captain on the park for a full year over one who can only captain us for two games coz his neck got sore from heading a ball :oops: :oops: :oops: What are you even saying?

King WUM.

So do you also think he is currently milking this injury so he does not have to play for Heart? :hmm:

So you think his mother in law was really that sick that he had to rush over to England for her :hmm:

King WUM.

So you think his mother in law was really that sick that he had to rush over to England for her :hmm:

TBH I dont really care.

My self confessed one eyed nature of support towards Heart (And Geelong FWIW) means that I only care about Harry Kewell the MH player and if he mistreats MH as he done with others in the past then I will join you in disliking him.

I dont really care (anymore) about what he did as a Socceroo (Like You Do) or as a Gala Player (Like FB Clearly Does).

My point is that he does not deserve to be dragged over the Hot Coals for recieving a freak injury after playing his heart out in the Derby.

Edit - FWIW my ideal outcome of Harry being at MH would be for us to be the one group of PPL that actually like the bloke like what the Newy fans feel for Ljubo.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

King WUM.

TBH I dont really care.

My self confessed one eyed nature of support towards Heart (And Geelong FWIW) means that I only care about Harry Kewell the MH player and if he mistreats MH as he done with others in the past then I will join you in disliking him.

I dont really care (anymore) about what he did as a Socceroo (Like You Do) or as a Gala Player (Like FB Clearly Does).

My point is that he does not deserve to be dragged over the Hot Coals for recieving a freak injury after playing his heart out in the Derby.

Edit - FWIW my ideal outcome of Harry being at MH would be for us to be the one group of PPL that actually like the bloke like what the Newy fans feel for Ljubo.

I don't care that he played for Galatsaray. If anything I would hate him more for for the fact he played with Victory, then that.

I just don't like him because he always played the spoiled brat, and this injury is another in a long list of suspect injuries throughout his career.

I also just like to wind you up too. Thanks for playing  :up:

• Like 2

Scott Munn reported that he was back running etc. and "shouldn't be long."

Lay off the guy for Pete's sake. Someone belted the ball into the back of his neck.

As for travelling to Perth...FFA pays the travelling expenses for all the clubs, and they don't fritter the cash away just so someone can go and watch.

Lay off the guy for Pete's sake. Someone belted the ball into the back of his neck.

As for travelling to Perth...FFA pays the travelling expenses for all the clubs, and they don't fritter the cash away just so someone can go and watch.

'Just so someone can go can watch', he's our captain ffs.

If he has any kind of whiplash or nerve related issues, there is literally nothing worse he could have done but to sit on a plane for hours.

Edited by Tommykins
  • Like 1

Lucky he didn't

Watching this tripe live would have no doubt extended his neuro injury or worse caused a long term physiological one

The harsh rumor around other A-League forums is that Kewell may use this injury as a "it may cause further issues" excuse and possibly not continue in the A-League. Take it with a grain of salt... but after what happened with Victory I don't think I'd be shocked. 

Neither would I. And I for one would not blame him if he did. It's quite possible that some permanent nerve damage has been done. Would anyone want to head a ball or play a contact sport in that situation when they don't need to? Of course not. The guy has the rest of his life to lead.

If he genuinely doesn't want to go on it's best not to. He can do a Grella and the club can move on.

The harsh rumor around other A-League forums is that Kewell may use this injury as a "it may cause further issues" excuse and possibly not continue in the A-League. Take it with a grain of salt... but after what happened with Victory I don't think I'd be shocked. 

Neither would I. And I for one would not blame him if he did. It's quite possible that some permanent nerve damage has been done. Would anyone want to head a ball or play a contact sport in that situation when they don't need to? Of course not. The guy has the rest of his life to lead.

If he genuinely doesn't want to go on it's best not to. He can do a Grella and the club can move on.

The one positive out of that is we only signed him for 48k a season.

I will be distraught if he doesn't come back though, we need a guy with his class and poise badly.

Neither would I. And I for one would not blame him if he did. It's quite possible that some permanent nerve damage has been done. Would anyone want to head a ball or play a contact sport in that situation when they don't need to? Of course not. The guy has the rest of his life to lead. If he genuinely doesn't want to go on it's best not to. He can do a Grella and the club can move on.

The one positive out of that is we only signed him for 48k a season. I will be distraught if he doesn't come back though, we need a guy with his class and poise badly. You think we need him badly?? Imagine how much JA needs him...his whole career is resting on Harry kewell saving us cause his illustrious coaching knowledge certainly won't

Edited by n i k o

Will be jumping on the kewell's a pussy bandwagon too if he's not back in the next 2 weeks.

Whats pissed me off is the lack of info released, sure he has wiplash, but all that happened was that he was hit by a soccer ball to the head. That at least happens once a game, what is so different about kewell? More info please Heart hq