Melbourne Football

A-League Fixture 2013/14

HeartinHobart

I came over and watch the wanderers game last season and went to the gp on the Sunday. The worst $100 I've spent in my life the noise was ridiculous and you could see fuck all. No idea how it attracts 100K people. Would rather watch paint dry.

Esp considering how much more fun you could have with $100 at the Horse Races...

That's why I'm coming to the Wanderers game this season. Emirates stakes day. Slightly better perv.

Are there any grounds with seating in Albury, or is it all standing?

Lavington Sports Ground (an AFL oval) has a capacity of 15,000 with around 1500 seated so that might be a viable option but otherwise nothing really springs to mind.

To which i can add, it is owned by the city council.As for Albury being too Far what do you think we from Albury think of having to travel 3-4 hours to see heart play, it's just as far for us you know. personaly the game might be better if it was played at Albury football ground as Lavington is not very accessable if you don't have your own transport and there is NO public transport that go's anywhere near Lavington sports ground especialy at weekends, but the Albury ground is right in town ten minutes walk from the Station.

• Like 1

Are there any grounds with seating in Albury, or is it all standing?

Lavington Sports Ground (an AFL oval) has a capacity of 15,000 with around 1500 seated so that might be a viable option but otherwise nothing really springs to mind.

To which i can add, it is owned by the city council.As for Albury being too Far what do you think we from Albury think of having to travel 3-4 hours to see heart play, it's just as far for us you know. personaly the game might be better if it was played at Albury football ground as Lavington is not very accessable if you don't have your own transport and there is NO public transport that go's anywhere near Lavington sports ground especialy at weekends, but the Albury ground is right in town ten minutes walk from the Station.

Agree with this, public transport out Lavi way is absolute utter shite. Took me 2 hours just to get from Thurgoona to Wodonga on the bus one day after uni ahaha.

Albury Sports Ground would be adequate enough

I came over and watch the wanderers game last season and went to the gp on the Sunday. The worst $100 I've spent in my life the noise was ridiculous and you could see fuck all. No idea how it attracts 100K people. Would rather watch paint dry.

Nevertheless, I'm sure that having the game kick off at exactly the time the GP is scheduled to start will have a negative effect on attendance at our game. It will deter casuals who might attend, and some others.

IMO once again shows just incompetent FFA is. We're already struggling to lift attendances and this won't help at all.

• 2 weeks later...

So the game against Wellington which was originally scheduled for 5:00pm March 16th, coinciding with the exact time of the Grand Prix has been moved.

To March 16th, 4:00pm, an hour before the Grand Prix, christ.  :D

Why does this actually not surprise me? We've just seen an international "friendly" arranged to conflict with the opening of the 2013-14 A-League season.

Is it any wonder that football fans continue to question the administration of the game in this country?

• 2 weeks later...

Please explain to me why we are playing this in New South Wales, which has four A-League teams compared with Victoria's two?

So my membership covers admission to the game. Pointless.

At least play the game in Victoria.

FFS.

Edited by jw1739

Seriously sometimes comparing the way MHFC do customer relations to my AFL team really is like comparing apples to oranges...

They just don't think about things from our point of view.

- Incorrect e-mail address for sending ideas to the FRG.

- Ticketmaster asking for a membership code before MHFC issue memberships.

- Fumbling around in the semi-darkness looking though a computer printout of member names to admit members to the Oakleigh pre-season match.

- Playing a regional match in NSW.

855cf7dcab77589cebddfd51f47c99a8_normal.Melbourne Heart FCVerified account@MelbourneHeart

Our Round 18 match will be played against

@PerthGloryFC

at Lavington Sports Ground

#HeartBelieve

pic.twitter.com/PcgJtxWVNk

BT2GJ7lCAAA7d6G.jpg

LIKE!

Although you'd all better fine-tune your self defense while you're here...

Explain??

Lavington is the Frankston equivalent of Albury.