Melbourne Football

Miron IN

Ando

Knowing JA, instead of playing youngsters in the last round, he'll play all the old-heads to try and do everything he can not to finish on the bottom!

I'm hoping he realises that he really has nothing to lose by dropping Thompson, Macallister, Hoffman, Coyne and Meeuwis and playing Edwards, Retre, Groenwald, Kaya and Mauk.

CCM will probably (well pretty much is) playing the youth team. We should try the same

Knowing JA, instead of playing youngsters in the last round, he'll play all the old-heads to try and do everything he can not to finish on the bottom!

I'm hoping he realises that he really has nothing to lose by dropping Thompson, Macallister, Hoffman, Coyne and Meeuwis and playing Edwards, Retre, Groenwald, Kaya and Mauk.

CCM will probably (well pretty much is) playing the youth team. We should try the same

We wouldn't beat the CCM youth team with our current away form so Arnold will be tempted to do it.

Do you remember when Aloisi said he wanted to win the league?

Veteran`s League?

The League in his head?  

Does he look at the table upside down? (he would be doing well if thats the case!!)

If he had any dignity he would step aside and say his not upto it rather then carry on make a fool of himself!!

At the end of the day, he just wasn't ready...

If the club is serious about retaining JA then they need to engage a footballing analytical genius to do a thorough assessment of every aspect of JA's season (someone like Craig Foster springs to mind).

The club should also send JA oversees to get some one on one time with international top flight managers.

JA should then be given the first third of next of next season and if there isn't improvements then send him on his way.

Personally I'm no longer convinced that he is up to standard or ever will be...hopefully I am wrong

Firstly, who was responsible for some of our signings like Grey and McAllister? Honestly.

Who was responsible for failing to drop players who underperformed week after week after week after week? What sort of morale would that create in the squad?

How was it helping us not starting Babalj every game when he came back? Why wasn't he backed in? Look at the impact he made against Roar when he came on. Why wasn't he starting?

Can you imagine Ange Postecoglou accepting the rubbish that we played against Roar?

What John Aloisi said after that game is unacceptable to me, as I am sure it is to many other members.

We don't want players who drop their heads. We want leaders out there and players who will fight every game, not drop their heads. We could have easily been 5-0 or 6-0 down by half time.
What was our captain doing? How inspirational was Matt Thompson? A captain is meant to lead. Was he?

• Like 1

He'll play the oldies and lose 5-0 instead of 4-0 just so we can go out on the season on a 'positive' note

Firstly, who was responsible for some of our signings like Grey and McAllister? Honestly.

Who was responsible for failing to drop players who underperformed week after week after week after week? What sort of morale would that create in the squad?

How was it helping us not starting Babalj every game when he came back? Why wasn't he backed in? Look at the impact he made against Roar when he came on. Why wasn't he starting?

Can you imagine Ange Postecoglou accepting the rubbish that we played against Roar?

What John Aloisi said after that game is unacceptable to me, as I am sure it is to many other members.

We don't want players who drop their heads. We want leaders out there and players who will fight every game, not drop their heads. We could have easily been 5-0 or 6-0 down by half time.

What was our captain doing? How inspirational was Matt Thompson? A captain is meant to lead. Was he?

Summed my thoughts up perfectly. There is simply no accountability at all throughout the club.

Has there even been any changes to the board since the first season??? The only thing we have changed is the coach.

No new people mean no new ideas. 

He'll play the oldies and lose 5-0 instead of 4-0 just so we can go out on the season on a 'positive' note

>>Firstly, who was responsible for some of our signings like Grey and McAllister? Honestly.

Summed my thoughts up perfectly. There is simply no accountability at all throughout the club.

Has there even been any changes to the board since the first season??? The only thing we have changed is the coach.

We're all frustrated and angry, but I have to correct you there. There was a split in the board in season 1, when a certain Joe Mirabella was publicly at odds with Peter Sidwell over the performance of JvS, and he (Mirabella) left the board.

Two new members joined the board in April 2011 - Jimmy Goh and Ghadir Razuki.

We have had a massive turnover in players, and of course all three members of our much-touted inaugural coaching team (JvS, Jesper Olsen and Ante Milicic) have left.

In fact we have had possibly too many changes? The sad thing is that there has been no improvement where it counts most - on the field.

Edited by jw1739

>Firstly, who was responsible for some of our signings like Grey and McAllister? Honestly.

We're all frustrated and angry, but I have to correct you there. There was a split in the board in season 1, when a certain Joe Mirabella was publicly at odds with Peter Sidwell over the performance of JvS, and he (Mirabella) left the board.

Two new members joined the board in April 2011 - Jimmy Goh and Ghadir Razuki.

We have had a massive turnover in players, and of course all three members of out much-touted inaugural coaching team (JvS, Jesper Olsen and Ante Milicic) have left.

In fact we have had possibly too many changes? The sad thing is that there has been no improvement where it counts most - on the field.

The Ajax model with succession planning wasn't it?

Second last home game Babalj was on the bench and could barely be arsed getting off the bench to warm up. When Fred finally encouraged him to get up he did a half arsed warm up. I was pissed off watching him, at a time when we need the team to be pulling together and pushing to win. His attitude that game was reported in a herald sun article, quite fairly.

The last home game he was dropped from the squad for his poor attitude, the right decision to my mind. If he's not going to show the right attitude then i have no problem with him being left out. 

Second last home game Babalj was on the bench and could barely be arsed getting off the bench to warm up. When Fred finally encouraged him to get up he did a half arsed warm up. I was pissed off watching him, at a time when we need the team to be pulling together and pushing to win. His attitude that game was reported in a herald sun article, quite fairly.

The last home game he was dropped from the squad for his poor attitude, the right decision to my mind. If he's not going to show the right attitude then i have no problem with him being left out. 

Being dropped appeared to do him some good. He looked alright, even quite good, when he came off the bench.

Going overseas has fucked him up badly. Isn't the same player we sent to red star.

there's no doubt about his ability. He's a quality player and i'm one of his biggest fans. JVS knew how to deal with him, and get the best out of him where as i'm not too convinced with Aloisi's ability to do that with the players. I would be very disappointed if babalj was to go to another a-league club because we couldn't manage him properly.

Think he's signed for another year isn't he? Be very surprised if he left before then. I think JA handled it well by dropping him. Would have been worse if he rewarded his behaviour. I agree, the time off seems to have encouraged him to step up his game. If that worked then we should give JA some credit, he sure as hell doesn't get much around here.

Transition too late: Bleiberg

Date March 28, 2013
127_hanlon.jpg
Peter Hanlon Senior sports writer for The Age
art-svTOAR-620x349.jpg

Young star Tommy Oar and Oman's Raed Saleh fight for the ball. Photo: AP

Australia's World Cup campaign is suffering from tardiness in bringing on the next wave of players, according to veteran coach Miron Bleiberg, and even if the Socceroos qualify for Brazil, whatever they achieve there could have been bettered with swifter generational change.

But as critics lined up to decry Holger Osieck's team after Tuesday's 2-2 draw with Oman left Australia in danger of missing the World Cup with three matches to play, Bleiberg urged a ''bigger picture'' view. He remains confident Australian soccer is moving in the right direction and will recover from the error of persisting for too long with the ''golden generation'' who reached the second round in Germany in 2006.

''Generational change should have started after the [2010] World Cup in South Africa,'' Bleiberg said, citing the young team fielded by Japan at the 2011 Asian Cup as the template the Socceroos should have followed.

''[instead] Australia sent the same heroes that played in the World Cup in 2006 … we continued to hang on to the Harry Kewells of the world. Now, in the middle of the heat of qualification, we start to do the generational change.

''You can do it - unsuccessfully. Which is why we're sitting uncomfortably where we are.''

The Socceroos' qualifying task was made infinitely harder after Jordan posted a shock 2-1 win over group leader Japan.

The win means Jordan leapfrog the Socceroos into second spot, leaving Australia just hanging on to third and only ahead of Oman on goal difference.

Only the top two sides secure automatic qualification to next year's showpiece with the third facing further play-offs.

Australia will almost certainly have to win on its tough trip to Japan on June 4 in its next match, with Japan also needing a result to guarantee automatic qualification. Then the Socceroos host Iraq and Jordan, and probably need to win both for a top-two berth.

Osieck, who admitted he may have made mistakes in his selection, has already mooted changes to the side travelling to Tokyo.

While the non-selection of dynamic midfielder Tommy Rogic on Tuesday night and the ponderous game plan employed by the Socceroos as they fell two goals behind Oman were among criticisms levelled at Osieck, Bleiberg said the development of players such as James Holland had not been helped by a delayed introduction to the national team.

''If they had played in this tournament [the 2011 Asian Cup] and internationals after that, they would have been much better now … If these guys had 30 internationals under their belts instead of 1½, they would have been better.''

Bleiberg, who forecast that another decade of development and consolidation of the A-League would leave Australia ''as good as anybody'', would not level the blame at Osieck.

''The job of the leaders of the game [Football Federation Australia] is not to decide who will play left-wing, it's to make political decisions, and this decision [to plan for the future] wasn't made.

''Either no one told the coach what to do and he did what he thinks he should do as a new coach to try to win something, or maybe they told him to go to Asia and you must win, which is worse. Tuesday's game is a reflection of this.''

Fox Sports analyst Andy Harper said the Socceroos were in a ''deep hole'' and a ''massive shakedown'' of the squad was needed.

''We are seeing the chickens come home to roost with this current team because of the constant refusal to blood young players. You look at Tommy Oar … by now after the last four-year cycle, he should be a 15-20 cap international,'' Harper told SEN.

''Why those opportunities in friendly matches haven't been used to develop more of these younger players I think is an indictable offence.''

With Will Brodie, aap

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/transition-too-late-bleiberg-20130327-2gult.html#ixzz2OkD0FncO

Edited by Peter

• 1 month later...

By Donald Sutherland May 14, 2013

EXCLUSIVE: Former A-League coach Miron Bleiberg has joined Victorian Premier League club Oakleigh Cannons on an indefinite interim basis following the departure of coach Bill Theodoropoulos midweek.

Cannons general manager Aki Ionnas confirmed the appointment on Tuesday morning, and also thanked the outgoing Theordoropoulos for his service to the club.
Theordoropoulos also issued a brief statement to MFootball where he stated that both parties left on good terms.

Oakleigh is currently ninth on the VPL table after one win, one draw and a loss, which has been perceived by many as an underachievement following the club’s 2011 Grand Final appearance.

Bleiberg’s most recent appointment was as head coach at former A-League club Gold Coast United between 2009 and 2012, while he also coached Brisbane Roar (formerly Queensland Roar) between 2004 and 2006.

The Israeli is no stranger to Victorian football, having won the 1987 Victorian State League title with Maribyrnong Polonia during the infancy of his coaching career.

I'd have Bleiberg as a part of our coaching staff. I reckon he did pretty well at Gold Coast, especially with young players, under very difficult circumstances.

We've signed people from Oakleigh before, so you never know, we could snap up Bleiberg at some point.

Edited by Murfy1

By Donald Sutherland May 14, 2013

EXCLUSIVE: Former A-League coach Miron Bleiberg has joined Victorian Premier League club Oakleigh Cannons on an indefinite interim basis following the departure of coach Bill Theodoropoulos midweek.

Cannons general manager Aki Ionnas confirmed the appointment on Tuesday morning, and also thanked the outgoing Theordoropoulos for his service to the club.

Theordoropoulos also issued a brief statement to MFootball where he stated that both parties left on good terms.

Oakleigh is currently ninth on the VPL table after one win, one draw and a loss, which has been perceived by many as an underachievement following the club’s 2011 Grand Final appearance.

Bleiberg’s most recent appointment was as head coach at former A-League club Gold Coast United between 2009 and 2012, while he also coached Brisbane Roar (formerly Queensland Roar) between 2004 and 2006.

The Israeli is no stranger to Victorian football, having won the 1987 Victorian State League title with Maribyrnong Polonia during the infancy of his coaching career.

http://www.mfootball.com.au/bleiberg-signs-with-oakleigh/

LOL, Maribyrnong Polonia, can just about remember going to a game at their ground many years prior to 1987.

Miron for the comments, Foxe in Socks for the attire.

Best lol coaching staff in the league.

I would (if money wasn't a problem) Get Miron in just to take the press conferences... Would add that something special and interesting to our media profile!

• Like 1

I don't know in what sort of role, BUT i know a friend of Blieberg's son (Jordan) who has said that he will be at the Melbourne Heart next season. Perhaps he's at Oakleigh to get back into the swing of things before joining us at the start of pre-season?