Melbourne Football

City in the headlines

millm103

Real good to hear that Heart is 'confident' about Garcia.

I think the richie thing is clear. The club thinks they have a good offer for him and Richie's agent is looking for one more big pay check before he retires. I know he was our 'best' player last year, but we did come second last, so I wouldnt be offering him everything like some have suggested.

• Like 2

As for us, like I was thinking, there won't be a "marquee".

I got the sense that Heart would sign up a marquee, if there was a worthwhile marquee that Heart could sign. For example, if Norwich were willing to release or sell Holt, and we were able to acquire Holt for roughly 1.5 million overall (I'm guessing with that figure), then I reckon Heart would get a marquee. But the club doesn't appear to be willing to spend 2 to 3 million to sign a marquee player who would only be around for a season or two, and who might play in a position that doesn't complement Heart's squad, and who might not make a net profit.

Munn said that the club wants long term stability and growth, and it doesn't want to take a punt on a marquee unless that marquee will almost certainly tick a few boxes (1. fits in our squad, 2. will play for at least a few seasons and 3. will make a net profit).

I'd very much like for Heart to sign a marquee, but we can't have a marquee like ADP, who costs 2-3 million a season, and helped contribute to Sydney FC's roughly 5-6 million debts/losses last season. I think that could really damage Heart, and first and foremost we need the club to be able to stick around for the long term.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 2

Munn on SEN this hour. Guessing after 1:30.

You can msg questions to

0433 98 1116

Unless your banned from their SMS machine. :ph34r:

Haha who'd ou have a crack at?!?

Yeah there wasn't too much exciting news. Encouraging though that they're looking at bringing in more people around JA. Much needed.

Lets remember Sibon was never a marquee, over the course of the A League history most of its biggest stars were not marquee's either when they had there break out seasons for their respective clubs.

The club keeps telling us they have two more major signings to announce, this is good enough for me.

Perth boy born and raised Red or Dead, all of his family is over there too, wouldn't read too much into it.

I would,

As people from Perth are the most homesick group of fucks on this planet, shown by the fact that every last one of them gets homesick for a place like Perth.

• Like 2

Munn on SEN this hour. Guessing after 1:30.

You can msg questions to

0433 98 1116

Unless your banned from their SMS machine. :ph34r: Haha who'd ou have a crack at?!?

Mat Thompson the fat pig. (Shitty AFL Journo, not the former Heart player), same bloke Al Clarkson gave it to at the airport a few weeks ago.

Basic notes from SM on SEN just now...

RG? - in Perth at the moment, want to sign him. Competitive offer put forward. Club is confident and offer is sound.

RG taking our offer to Perth and asking Glory whether they can beat it!?!

The disappointing thing for me is that as far as we can tell he's not training anywhere. I might be wrong of course. A footballer whose not training doesn't sound to me as though he's committed to continuing his career.

We lacked plenty of things last season, but one thing that was very evident, particularly at the end of the season, was an absence of desire.

The longer the Garcia situation goes on the more I'f prefer us to sign someone who shows more commitment to the game and to the Heart.

Getting back to "tommykins" revelation. " our first Dutch into arrives next week". !!??

Did Munn slip?

Enough for me to speculate " who else have we signed", another Worm type or somebody at end of career?

He was referring to Weilaert wassnt he?

Getting back to "tommykins" revelation. " our first Dutch into arrives next week". !!??

Did Munn slip?

Enough for me to speculate " who else have we signed", another Worm type or somebody at end of career?

Yeah, but by saying 'first' would suggest that he won't be the only one.

Did Munn slip?

Yeah, but by saying 'first' would suggest that he won't be the only one. Has anyone else heard the whispers that Jan Venegoor of Hesselink is coming out of retirement? Could fit in with this.

Did Munn slip?

Yeah, but by saying 'first' would suggest that he won't be the only one.

Ahh right, must have missed him say first

Unless Scotty was being deliberately misleading the only way you can interpret his comment is that we have a second former Dutch international signing coming our way for next season.

IMO the "two major signings" need to be "major" because otherwise I can't see us getting anywhere the minimum of 85% of the salary cap.

Unless Scotty was being deliberately misleading the only way you can interpret his comment is that we have a second former Dutch international signing coming our way for next season.

IMO the "two major signings" need to be "major" because otherwise I can't see us getting anywhere the minimum of 85% of the salary cap.

It looks like the club will be making four more signings before the begining of the next season.

Alistair Bray as backup keeper, which wont take much of the salary cap.

Hopefully Richard Garcia signs up, dont mind him being on alot of money.

Which leaves the two international spots, wouldnt mind one used on another defender, or attacking midfielder. But definetly need a top quality striker. Will be interesting to say the least

• Like 1

I reckon one will have to be a CF and the other will be a DM or a AM,

If they decide to play Kewell as a AM then it will be a DM - Which is my personal preferred option.

If the decide to play Kewell elsewhere then it probably be an AM and Gerhardt will most likely be moved to DM.

• Like 2

If they decide to play Kewell as a AM then it will be a DM - Which is my personal preferred option.

If the decide to play Kewell elsewhere then it probably be an AM and Gerhardt will most likely be moved to DM.

Two foreigners, plus goalkeeper. If Garcia signs, that would not leave any room for Taseski would it? (I've lost count!). Which would be a pity IMO.

With only 3 CB options atm, Paddy is moving nowhere..

If we started the season tomorrow Germano and Mass would pair up at DM.

@JW - There are still 5 places open...

• Like 1

Any word on Klim?

Good,

As that seems like something we would be unlikely to do and hopefully means we will play Kewell as a AM and we pick up a decent Foreign DM.

IMO last season really showed how wrong the many Shroj knockers were throughout Season 1 and 2, the guy's serviceable job as a DM was sorely missed and cost us points.

• Like 3

I really dont feel comfortabke having only three options for CB. Really hope another gets signed, with Rob Wierlart being old, and david vrankovic getting called up for youth socceroo squads we could get caught short.

Happy for kewell to be used as an attacking mid, yet i feel he could get injured very easily as well. Hopefully Kalmar can step up if it does happen.

Good,

As that seems like something we would be unlikely to do and hopefully means we will play Kewell as a AM and we pick up a decent Foreign DM.

IMO last season really showed how wrong the many Shroj knockers were throughout Season 1 and 2, the guy's serviceable job as a DM was sorely missed and cost us points.

The Graceful One was sorely missed. He played the Makelele so well. 

Good,

As that seems like something we would be unlikely to do and hopefully means we will play Kewell as a AM and we pick up a decent Foreign DM.

The Graceful One was sorely missed. He played the Makelele so well.

no he didn't. They are both different types of midfielders. Maka was a holding midfielder / very deep lying play maker.

where as Shroj was a defensive midfielder / hard tackler. Who is used to put a bit of fear into the opposition. a similar style to how chelsea play against Barca.

the differences while seemingly minor can change the whole way in which a team structures and the way in which it develops their play.

• Like 1

Any word on Klim?

Is he still married to that Asian Princess?

• Like 1

Any word on Klim?

Is he still married to that Asian Princess?

Lol - Balinese Princess :up: