Melbourne Football

City in the headlines

millm103

You didn't answer me how the Herald Sun is trying to hide the negative AFL stories when two seperate stories are on the front page and page 3 of the newspaper.

Mate, it's business as usual when bad stories come out of AFL. It is forgotten in a blkink of an eye. How many times do AFL players go on their end of season trips and tare up the place? Not to mention they are giving Australian's a bad name.

Edited by hedaik1

You didn't answer me how the Herald Sun is trying to hide the negative AFL stories when two seperate stories are on the front page and page 3 of the newspaper.

Mate, it's business as usual when bad stories come out of AFL. It is forgotten in a blkink of an eye. How many times do AFL players go on their end of season trips and tare up the place? Not to mention they are giving Australian's a bad name.

Edited by hedaik1

Fuckin idiot. Blames young players on the reason we lost. What about your mate colosimo who cost us on a regular basis. What type of msg does this send to those players. Shit interview, still going on about lost players...we heard you John many months ago whinge about that, we are still hearing you make the same excuses. Except you have found a new one. The young players that left are the reason we struggled, the new young players are the reason we lost. Where are your badges JA????

• Like 2

Fuckin idiot. Blames young players on the reason we lost. What about your mate colosimo who cost us on a regular basis. What type of msg does this send to those players. Shit interview, still going on about lost players...we heard you John many months ago whinge about that, we are still hearing you make the same excuses. Except you have found a new one. The young players that left are the reason we struggled, the new young players are the reason we lost. Where are your badges JA????

:lol:  And here I am defending him!! But this wasn't a private confession to Heart supporters/members it was a Q&A on public radio - a publicity opportunity for the club listened to but many non-HAL types. What he said was that he didn't expect (or cope with ?) was to have 5 players sold from under him and then having to watch inexperienced youth players trying to step up. That you'd expect these new players to have a season or two under their belt before being solid, consistent first team players. But maybe he should have pointed out that his inexperience was also a factor ;)

They asked him what his experience was like as coach, first thing that comes out of his mouth is about loss of players. He's protecting himself by blaming the youth of the team for leaving or not being experienced enough. We went through most of the season without those players and ended up 5th with 5 games left. I'm sick and tired of him using everything as an excuse except putting some blame on himself.

They asked him what his experience was like as coach, first thing that comes out of his mouth is about loss of players. He's protecting himself by blaming the youth of the team for leaving or not being experienced enough. We went through most of the season without those players and ended up 5th with 5 games left. I'm sick and tired of him using everything as an excuse except putting some blame on himself.

These complaints are rather annoying,

As its a basic fact that almost all talented Australian Footballers will at least try to crack it once in Europe... even D Mac spent sometime in Europe.

i keep reading that babalj is looking to leave back to europe. In that case, we're definitely going to need another high quality striker. 

Also looks like Tadic and Garcia are also leaving which means we're getting rid of our 2 top scorers, and player with the most assists.

In a way i guess with garcia leaving, we'll be reverting back to having pure pace on either wing which i don't mind. Especially now with quite a few wingers in our squad. Also with Tadic leaving it opens up a 3rd visa spot for us to utilize.

Melbourne Heart FC

Offer:

One complimentary GENERAL ADMISSION when another GENERAL ADMISSION of equal or greater value is purchased

To redeem this offer please see reverse side

Excludes finals games

Available only for tickets purchased on game day from AAMI Park Box Office.

WE PASSED!!!!

Pass my arse!!

DAVUTOVIC'S VERDICT

A disappointing season for Heart considering it made the finals last season. A decent group of players are contracted for next season and the release of the four experienced players frees up funds for quality signings. But if Heart wants to make a footprint on the Melbourne scene and in the A-League, the board must release more funds to the football department.

Mark: D+

THE TOP 3

1. Patrick Gerhardt

2. Richard Garcia

3. Jonatan Germano

ARRIVALS

Iain Ramsay (Adelaide Utd)

DEPARTURES

Simon Colosimo, Fred, Matt Thompson, Clint Bolton, Marcel Meeuwis, Jamie Coyne (released), Michael Marrone (Shanghai Shenxin), Aziz Behich (Bursaspor), Vince Grella (retired)

GOING?

Richie Garcia, Josip Tadic, Eli Babalj

THE SEASON IN STATS

Most goals: Garcia, Tadic 6

Most assists: Garcia 4

Most shots: Williams 52

Most shots on target: Williams 22

Most tackles: Garcia 94

Most fouls won: Garcia 45

Most yellow cards: Gerhardt 9

Most red cards: Colosimo 2

Most completed passes: Thompson 1131

Most Tobin Medal (Fox Sports player of the year) points: Garcia 19

Willo has a 42.3% shot on target to ball in Tier 3 row ZZ ratio

Edited by HEARTinator

I can't possibly see how a finish in 9th place can be anything but a fail.

But but but we didn't get the wooden spoon and Aloisi DID lose two defenders half way through the season and the young defenders he brought in were just too inexperienced! It's all Walker's fault! Oh wait....and Thomo's and Marcel's and Coyne's and Hoffman's and Colosimo's and Fred's and Tadic's and Williams' 58% of shots off target and....anyone else's fault but Aloisi's! So I'm sure Aloisi agrees with Davutovic - he passed!

Perhaps not headlines, but as raised on here several times in the past, IMO we've never made enough of our community work in terms of PR.

So it's good to read this: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Heart-in-the-Community/65469

Need more of it in local newspapers etc.

Good work from Heart HQ.