Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Hearing rumors today. Bresciano close, Ognenovski possible, Muscat of the Manny variety still under discussion.

As I say, only rumors, but Big Kev is calling from the grave - yes, "I'm excited!!"

Have heard the same rumor off someone in the know but with a world cup year approaching both Bresciano & Ognenovski are both wanting to stay put until after the world cup both need game time and with the A-League still some 6 months away both would not be doing there world cup chances much good

True, on the other hand they'd be much more centrally placed on Holger's radar if they were playing here, Garcia's experience shows that. Less of an factor for Bresc, more of a factor for Og.

Thats a fair call and with both Bresciano being 33 and  Ognenovski being 34 the break could do wonders for the both of them. Garcia was in the same boat and i think the rest has helped his body seeing he played pretty much every game (or close to it) without an injury (if im not mistaken) and even earnt an international call up. In my opinion its almost a win win for the both of them to come home.

I agree that it could be a win for both players Socceroos' prospects if they joined Heart. Garcia will be an example at the front of their minds if they are contemplating the move. Ognenovski in particular went out of his way to complain to SBS' The World Game that he isn't getting selected for the Socceroos in late March this year (http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1144770/ognenovski-can-t-fathom-roos-snub), so a move to Heart would be completely inline with known and reported facts about Ognenovski. While Bresciano might reason that he needs the limited A-League games and the easier Melbourne weather to stay fit and firing for next year's World Cup.

The club is always up to things, even (and perhaps especially) when there is limited media about its activities. I would love to see both of these moves happen.

Edited by Murfy1

Don't know has anyone mention Denny Landzaat. Is he still quality or too old? Pretty sure out of contract this summer

Absolute rocket in FM12 for Twente. Would take.

Get him and Tymoschuk in FM13, dominate the league. 

Luca Toni said a few days ago, before the weekend game against Palermo, that: 

"Sunday may be my last [game] at the Stadio Franchi," he said. "I want to say goodbye to the fans as I don't know whether I'll be staying.

"Everyone knows how happy I am in Florence, but in order for me to stay then there has to be enthusiasm from both sides.

"At the end of the season I will speak with the club and we will make a decision. If there is indifference about me staying then I'll go."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11866/8703867/Serie-A-Luca-Toni-is-uncertain-about-his-furture-with-Fiorentina

Also, thanks to Luca Toni, who scored the lone winning goal against Palermo, Palermo will be relegated. This could mean that Fabrizio Miccoli, their star striker, will want to leave. Miccoli's agent was very coy around the second half of April, saying that having Palermo avoid relegation was Miccoli's main priority, and that he wasn't interested at that moment in talking about his contract: 

“Palermo have other problems right now,” Francesco Caliandro told RadioMana Mana. “They shouldn’t be concerned with Miccoli’s contract.

“The player is very tied to President Maurizio Zamparini and he’d like that to continue, but, for now, let us just allow Fabrizio and the squad to head in the same direction.”

http://football-italia.net/33257/miccoli-puts-palermo-survival-first

Especially given that Serie B is about to implement a new salary cap, it is likely that teams that get relegated to Serie B will lose a lot of players.

Both players, by the way, come out of their contracts at the end of next month.

Plenty of quotes from Scott Munn http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1151864/Potential-A-League-return-for-Kewell would suggest he won't be coming to us.

Interesting article. I'm not especially surprised that we are interested in Kewell. As the article details most clubs could likely get something out of him.

I'm more interested though in the article reporting that Aloisi will be in England in a few days, and that Munn said that "we are looking for a number 10 type player".

So, going off statements made by Didulica and Munn, we are looking for a striker, a DM and a number 10. And it looks like we'd prefer to get international players for those roles. Hopefully that Davutovic tweet was accurate and we learn about some of those signings soon enough.

Not sure this has been mentioned but..... How awkward/bad is it going to be for JA if we do get some very high paid star of a marquee. 45 doctors and physios hovering around, world class facilities etc etc and after the first training session at the club he tells him to get into a bin :droy:

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2

Plenty of quotes from Scott Munn http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1151864/Potential-A-League-return-for-Kewell would suggest he won't be coming to us.

Interesting article. I'm not especially surprised that we are interested in Kewell. As the article details most clubs could likely get something out of him.

I'm more interested though in the article reporting that Aloisi will be in England in a few days, and that Munn said that "we are looking for a number 10 type player".

So, going off statements made by Didulica and Munn, we are looking for a striker, a DM and a number 10. And it looks like we'd prefer to get international players for those roles. Hopefully that Davutovic tweet was accurate and we learn about some of those signings soon enough.

Excited they're looking for a #10, what i think we need the most. but id rather us find a decent international LB than DM!

Oh well lets see what happens