Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

nice tweet to Scotty

His response made me happy. Praying he makes it happen. I'm sure he is aware of how big it'd be.

1. Greek national hero

2. Big name player

3. Playing at a high level

4. Experience in many leagues/competitions

5. Can speak English

6. Melbournes big greek community

7. Provides a high quality solution to a position that has always troubled us.

Tbh he would be a bigger marquee signing than Del Piero (unless he had come to a Melb team). Karagounis is absolutely our ideal marquee / the club should throw *almost* everything at him. Realistically, how much could he ask for? I doubt he was on amazing wages at Fulham and like Del Piero his wages will be offset by increased ticket sales and merchandising.

I'm not even Greeeeeek and I'm begging for this to happen. Mon Fart FC, breathe life into our 2013/2014 season.

I have nothing against signing Karagounis, but something tells me that your agenda in regards to signing him is no different to that you expressed with the prospect of a South Melbourne merger. We should want him purely to bring about class and experience to the side, not so you can get excited over going to Heart matches with your Greek mates. If you'd rather Karagounis over ADP then there is obviously some underlying personal reason.

• Like 1

Cryptic tweet from the club?? Hopefully link works, along with tweeted image

Melbourne Heart FC (@MelbourneHeart) tweeted at 5:25 PM on Thu, May 23, 2013:

With the European leagues coming to an end, which players would you like to see join @MelbourneHeart for 2013/14??? http://t.co/evxd1CFMeY

(https://twitter.com/MelbourneHeart/status/337469350908944386)

Speaking of tweets there was on from @FFA: "ALERT: David Gallop will be on Sunrise on Channel 7 tomorrow morning at 7am to make a major announcement."

Anyone know what the "major announcement" is about?

EDIT: **Never mind, just read this:

It's believed FFA CEO David Gallop will be on the Sunrise programme tomorrow morning to formally announce the deal.

Edited by Red or Dead

Speaking of tweets there was on from @FFA: "ALERT: David Gallop will be on Sunrise on Channel 7 tomorrow morning at 7am to make a major announcement."

Anyone know what the "major announcement" is about?

EDIT: **Never mind, just read this:

It's believed FFA CEO David Gallop will be on the Sunrise programme tomorrow morning to formally announce the deal.

He's announcing the deal with the 'guy'. He has 'the stuff'  :ph34r: 

But i think it's the deal about the man-united and liverpool game being broadcasted on channel 7

Craig Foster said on Thursday, in a video on SBS's The World Game website, that next season fans are "going to have--hopefully, lets see--perhaps one or two more marquee players" (at the end of the latest 'Shootout' video).

I sincerely think that a marquee would turbo-charge things at Heart. I nonetheless think that Heart could make strong progress without a marquee next season, but why jog when you can run?

Hopefully Foz had Heart in mind when he made the above statement

BK_VwJ1CEAAm7jw.jpg

• Like 3

Craig Foster said on Thursday, in a video on SBS's The World Game website, that next season fans are "going to have--hopefully, lets see--perhaps one or two more marquee players" (at the end of the latest 'Shootout' video).

I sincerely think that a marquee would turbo-charge things at Heart. I nonetheless think that Heart could make strong progress without a marquee next season, but why jog when you can run?

Hopefully Foz had Heart in mind when he made the above statement

BK_VwJ1CEAAm7jw.jpg

The scarf says 'Latrobe University" 

Have they become our major sponsors?

This article from Tutto Mercato Web (once translated) talks about an approach from an Australian club for Park Ji-Sung.

I wonder if it was us, and he was the difficult player to negotiate with that was mentioned previously.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/qpr-park-ji-sung-potrebbe-finire-a-toronto-444816

Would fit Munn's description of the marquee as "in the Ono mold" (racist), "high-profile" and "played in the epl this season" (not still in the epl).

This article from Tutto Mercato Web (once translated) talks about an approach from an Australian club for Park Ji-Sung.

I wonder if it was us, and he was the difficult player to negotiate with that was mentioned previously.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/qpr-park-ji-sung-potrebbe-finire-a-toronto-444816

Would fit Munn's description of the marquee as "in the Ono mold" (racist), "high-profile" and "played in the epl this season" (not still in the epl).

In what way? was clearly not referring to his race when saying "in the Ono Mold"

Edited by Mentor