Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

i've said it before, you can't just go off a guy's CV.  but, if people are going to slag Mifsud off for his lack of apparent lack of history at the top flight then apples should be compared with apples.  

Berisha has a fairly shite CV in Europe (much worse in context to Mifsud), but has been by far the best performing forward in the A League for the last two seasons through scoring roughly 3 goals for every 5 games (del Pierro last season by all means was awesome but even he has a lower strike rate in the A League).  yes Berisha is younger, but 32 isnt that old either.  

chances are that most here haven't actually seen him play.  i agree with marn11 that it would be good to see the club get young talent like McGrath.  but to be frank, Mifsud shouldn't be excluded because of his passport.  it comes down to the powers that be making a decision.  if you look only as far as these forums, you could find 10 blokes with 10 different nominations.  the club will end up signing 1, maybe 2.  ultimately we just have to hope they get it right.

if anything, it would seem that Mifsud would bring a lot of experience, a decent winning mentality from his time in Malta and (at 32) some sort of talent (should he be signed of course).

sometimes people need to remember that the non powerhouse football nations do develop quality players - they just don't do it by the bucket load.  just think back to George Weah and Libya.

• Like 1

Wouldn't JA move Paddy G back into CB and play Murdocca in the middle?

Considering Wielaert (I think?) and Kisnorbo have not even played in a friendly for us yet, I would still consider Gerhardt our number 1 CB at the moment.

Obviously with Engelaar out, we don't have much in CDM so Gerhardt will most likely play there even if Wielaert or Kisnorbo aren't playing (Vrankovic would come in).

Pretty pointless to speculate what our XI will be with Engelaar back though as it's so far off. It will depend on form/fitness/injuries etc.

Wouldn't JA move Paddy G back into CB and play Murdocca in the middle?

Considering Wielaert (I think?) and Kisnorbo have not even played in a friendly for us yet, I would still consider Gerhardt our number 1 CB at the moment.

Obviously with Engelaar out, we don't have much in CDM so Gerhardt will most likely play there even if Wielaert or Kisnorbo aren't playing (Vrankovic would come in).

Pretty pointless to speculate what our XI will be with Engelaar back though as it's so far off. It will depend on form/fitness/injuries etc.

The rest of our central midfield (Outside of Massimo) doesn't excite me at all, I'd much prefer PG pushed up.

• 7 months later...

Thanks possiblygeorge for keeping us up to date with information three months old. Joe hart? Seriously? Gimme a break. I heard pele was gonna come out of retirement.

ffs. i cant comment here any moe without getting a smart ass answer.  :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be a problem if you commented things of relevance or logic.

Thanks possiblygeorge for keeping us up to date with information three months old. Joe hart? Seriously? Gimme a break. I heard pele was gonna come out of retirement.

ffs. i cant comment here any moe without getting a smart ass answer.  :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be a problem if you commented things of relevance or logic.

others are talking about thiery henry and aguero, as soon as i mention someone its irrelevant? at least who i mentioned we were somewhat 'linked' with.

• Like 1