Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Kewell sets up a late consolation goal with a little back heel to McGrath who hits the woodwork with his shot. Sign him yeah!!!! Better still, cap him!!!!!!!!!

Give McGrath a break for Chrissake. He's had 22 minutes on the field for Heart, and at least he came close. Our last six games against A-League opposition have yielded us a paltry 2 goals. If Aloisi had any brains he'd have given McGrath a lot longer to show what he can do. 

• Like 1

It's a shame that McGrath didn't start so that we could get a good look at him.

Agree. He came closer to scoring than any other Heart player, despite the fact he only played about 22 minutes. If he played the full game, or perhaps even 70 minutes, he might have done even better. Hopefully McGrath gets more time to prove himself. The track record at Heart, though, is that practically every outfield player trialist isn't signed. However, we do sign poor backup goalkeepers on the basis of trials.

I'm pretty concerned that we'll start the season having only 1 striker as we currently have: Dylan Macallister. IMO, that would be the worst case scenario. We need to bring somebody else in.

Edited by Murfy1

Can you sign an injury replacement marquee?

Highly doubt it. I would assume the club once they had Engelaar stopped looking around, since I assumed they wouldn't have thought something like this would happen... I say we try to park the bus for the first 6 months until Engelaar gets back :P

For fucks sake I hardly see how any of this is the manager's fault. If we don't sign a striker he should be sacked; if we do we get the wrong one (allegedly) and he should be sacked.

Hell, McGrath could score 15 goals this season and people would still want Aloisi out. Be respectful to your club instead of bleating and crying every time something isn't exactly how you want it.

Now spend three pages discussing how I'm wrong.

• Like 5

So much for a top four finish!!!! Thanks JA!!!!

Your ability to acheive such a high level of stupidity in your comment earns you dumbass post of the week

And you are????? Seriously mate why the stupid comments when only a child will make comments like that! I'm more devastated about the fact this club has great potential and something like this is to happen! FFS!!! We all want the best for the club we support but idiots such a yourself think you are top class!!!! Pfffft........ GET OVER IT!!!!!!

Edited by BelieveInHeart

Your ability to acheive such a high level of stupidity in your comment earns you dumbass post of the week And you are????? Seriously mate why the stupid comments when only a child will make comments like that! I'm more devastated about the fact this club has great potential and something like this is to happen! FFS!!! We all want the best for the club we support but idiots such a yourself think you are top class!!!! Pfffft........ GET OVER IT!!!!!! Please elaborate on why engelaar's unfortunate injury is the managers fault?
  • Like 1

Your ability to acheive such a high level of stupidity in your comment earns you dumbass post of the weekAnd you are????? Seriously mate why the stupid comments when only a child will make comments like that! I'm more devastated about the fact this club has great potential and something like this is to happen! FFS!!! We all want the best for the club we support but idiots such a yourself think you are top class!!!! Pfffft........ GET OVER IT!!!!!!Please elaborate on why engelaar's unfortunate injury is the managers fault?Clearly JA broke engelaars leg mate plotted it from day dot to break our little hearts ;)

S'cuse the pun

Edited by Boffins
  • Like 1

Your ability to acheive such a high level of stupidity in your comment earns you dumbass post of the week

And you are????? Seriously mate why the stupid comments when only a child will make comments like that! I'm more devastated about the fact this club has great potential and something like this is to happen! FFS!!! We all want the best for the club we support but idiots such a yourself think you are top class!!!! Pfffft........ GET OVER IT!!!!!!

You're the same dude that called me a dickhead for having a laugh over a spelling mistake yeah?

You have a bit of work to do to earn some respect around here, stop gobbing off at people and understand what a bit of banter is, its just some harmless fun. No need to lose your shit over it, you're coming across as an absolute polesmoker!

Your ability to acheive such a high level of stupidity in your comment earns you dumbass post of the weekAnd you are????? Seriously mate why the stupid comments when only a child will make comments like that! I'm more devastated about the fact this club has great potential and something like this is to happen! FFS!!! We all want the best for the club we support but idiots such a yourself think you are top class!!!! Pfffft........ GET OVER IT!!!!!!Please elaborate on why engelaar's unfortunate injury is the managers fault?Clearly JA broke engelaars leg mate plotted it from day dot to break our little hearts ;)

S'cuse the pun If thats the case then can we please sign the wife beater

• Like 1

Please elaborate on why engelaar's unfortunate injury is the managers fault?[/quote

Look no one is blaming JA for his injury but I get frustrated when you see descent players go down to injury in such a short amount of time. It is what it is!!! However I would love to see a full strength team for once competing in the top league!!! Have a look at CCM,WSW last season very rare you see top players going down to injury! But no IT HAS TO HAPPEN TO US!!!!

I believe we can win this league, we have the best list of players, with JVS also back it will look promising but only if we can have some luck on our side with very little injurys. I'm sure everyone who reads this will agree that everyone wants to think the best for the club and are also disappointed when we hear bad news which is exactly why we all like to let some frustrations out. GO HEART!!!!!

I believe we can win this league, we have the best list of players, with JVS also back it will look promising but only if we can have some luck on our side with very little injurys. I'm sure everyone who reads this will agree that everyone wants to think the best for the club and are also disappointed when we hear bad news which is exactly why we all like to let some frustrations out. GO HEART!!!!!

I usually have a wank when I need to release the frustration.
  • Like 1

tbh I was half expecting you to say GO PLANET  at the end there....

Your ability to acheive such a high level of stupidity in your comment earns you dumbass post of the week And you are????? Seriously mate why the stupid comments when only a child will make comments like that! I'm more devastated about the fact this club has great potential and something like this is to happen! FFS!!! We all want the best for the club we support but idiots such a yourself think you are top class!!!! Pfffft........ GET OVER IT!!!!!! Please elaborate on why engelaar's unfortunate injury is the managers fault? Clearly JA broke engelaars leg mate plotted it from day dot to break our little hearts ;)

S'cuse the pun

There is crap like this all over Hearts Facebook wall as well and its pissing me off to be honest. People are saying its JA's fault for signing a 33yo. It is a broken leg FFS, its not like its a hamstring or a calf or a groin which are all old guy injuries. Unless he has osteoporosis its just bloody bad luck and makes our last visa signings and aussie marquee all the more important.

• Like 2

Your ability to acheive such a high level of stupidity in your comment earns you dumbass post of the week And you are????? Seriously mate why the stupid comments when only a child will make comments like that! I'm more devastated about the fact this club has great potential and something like this is to happen! FFS!!! We all want the best for the club we support but idiots such a yourself think you are top class!!!! Pfffft........ GET OVER IT!!!!!! Please elaborate on why engelaar's unfortunate injury is the managers fault? Clearly JA broke engelaars leg mate plotted it from day dot to break our little hearts ;)

S'cuse the pun

There is crap like this all over Hearts Facebook wall as well and its pissing me off to be honest. People are saying its JA's fault for signing a 33yo. It is a broken leg FFS, its not like its a hamstring or a calf or a groin which are all old guy injuries. Unless he has osteoporosis its just bloody bad luck and makes our last visa signings and aussie marquee all the more important.

:(

The problem is not that this happened, players can and do get injured at anytime, but we need to plan for this. JA has identified this as a crucial position in delivering his style of football for the team so if this is the case then we need to have a like for like player who can slot into his position. Grella was the initial player identified for this role, it was a gamble that would have paid great dividends if it paid off but it didn't. There was no Plan B last season. This season we need a Plan B and it isn't Paolo Retre at this stage. We can play PG there as a stop gap but his ball distribution is not at the same quality as OE.

I think the club realise that this is a huge year on/off the pitch for them, so I am tipping that if Orlando is sidelined for 5 or so months + (pretty much the season) they will mutually agree to end his contract and they will sign up another international and hopefully it will be another big name! I know everyone has been speaking of JA's 4-2-3-1 formation but I think with the loss of Engelaar he might opt for a 4-4-2 diamond like this: 

Redmayne

Walker           Gerhadt            Wielart           Behich 

Murdocca

Dugandzic                                   Ramsay/Williams

International Striker/McGrath

I think this is something that should be looked at because it will minimise the loss of Engelaar and means we don't have Vrankovic in defence who IMO is a weak link (but good cover). But I think we are a big chance to go all out and cancel (mutually termiante) Engelaar's contract and get a big international striker (Petric etc) If he is out for a while I can't see why he would want to sit on the sidelines in a foreign country! But f*** me I am flat about it, signed up my brother just yesterday morning who was keen as to see him and I had to break the news to him we lost our best players.....