Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

After failed attempts from Arsenal and Real Madrid, Melbourne Heart are set to sign controversial striker Luis Suarez. The forward has wanted out of Anfield since the Reds failed to qualify for the Champions League. It is understood the reported fee for Suarez is £25,000,000. The Heart are believed to announce the signing of the Uruguayan late this week, subject to a medical test.

After failed attempts from Arsenal and Real Madrid, Melbourne Heart are set to sign controversial striker Luis Suarez. The forward has wanted out of Anfield since the Reds failed to qualify for the Champions League. It is understood the reported fee for Suarez is £25,000,000. The Heart are believed to announce the signing of the Uruguayan late this week, subject to a medical test.

Cool, there's our man that will give us 10 goals as striker

Rofl at how quick people are to write off McGrath. This guy is/was with Brondby a club playing at a much higher level than some of our other young stars.

Look at Behich, Good, Hamill, Babalj, Dugandzic, Garuccio and Goodwin, guys that most really would have thought wouldn't have cut it yet are/were all highly rated after playing for Heart.

Edited by malloy
  • Like 3

Source?

Rofl at how quick people are to write off McGrath. This guy is/was with Brondby a club playing at a much higher level than some of our other young stars.

Look at Behich, Good, Hamill, Babalj, Dugandzic, Garuccio and Goodwin, guys that most really would have thought wouldn't have cut it yet are/were all highly rated after playing for Heart.

same club as David Williams before he returned to play at Fury

• Like 1

Many see something in McGrath. Brondby were trying to re-sign him a few months ago. Ange Postecogelou rated him and made him the youngest Joey (U 17) player around 2006, and he's featured in the U 20's and even had a Socceroos cap. Furthermore, there have been multiple reports that the Wanderers were keen to sign him as their junior marquee, and Brisbane, Sydney and Victory have also reportedly been interested in him.

I reckon he could go very well at Heart.

All things point to McGrath as the signing

Source would of got

Me on technicality on the 'internationally reconised' as he has 1 cap for Australia..

Must admit my hopes were up

In one way I hope we do sign McGrath but in another I hope he isn't the signing I have been informed about

Shut up.
  • Like 3

Yep confirmed it's Cahill

If thats true then all i can say is FUCK YEAH!!!!

Source??

I doubt it, he has a contract with the MLS to play for NYRB, there'd be the small matter of buying out his contract even if he did want to come. McGrath would be good although JD said that they had 1 conversation that went nowhere.

• Like 1

Yep confirmed it's Cahill

If thats true then all i can say is FUCK YEAH!!!!

Source??

I doubt it, he has a contract with the MLS to play for NYRB, there'd be the small matter of buying out his contract even if he did want to come. McGrath would be good although JD said that they had 1 conversation that went nowhere.

Id have a feeling it would be a loan deal if he were to come to us.

How has he been going in the MSL and when does there season normally start

On McGrath, Postecogelou rated him very highly in 2006 AND he got a Socceroos cap against Germany in Germany in March 2011. All the while he's been playing at Denmark's most successful club, the club that's won the most trophies, which signed him when he was 14 and kept him untill he was 22, hence Brondby had a lot of faith in him. 

As I've said before, I'd like to see us sign 2 strikers, one promising young aussie striker and one proven foreign striker. And there are still quality European strikers that are free agents: Mladen Petric, Marko Pantelic, Tommaso Rocchi, Angelos Charisteas. There's still good foreign strikers available for us to sign and I reckon we could get one.

Rather than hoping to unearth one striker who can score 15 plus goals, it would be more realistic to sign 2 strikers who could score around 7 goals each. McGrath could be one, and a foreign striker could be the second.

Heart's recruitment has been just about faultless thus far, and has improved nearly all areas of the squad. I'd be surprised if they didn't get things right regarding our strikers.