Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Have you seen their logo?

250px-Johor_Darul_Takzim_FC.jpg

lol

Yeah haha saw something on the net where it said they'd copied Richmond and Richmond copied Tiger Beer. Which this is the colours of. All very lame really and not the best logo.

Marquee thread to Logo thread.

This off season :/

• Like 1

Just read that Scott McDonald was released by middlesborough.

Would be the perfect Australian Marquee.

Why don't we start a social network movement: #WeWantScottMcDonald or #BringScottMcDonaldToHeart ?

We'll bombard Scott Munn, JD and @MelbourneHeart on twitter with the above hastag/s...maybe follow that hastag with #OneMelburnian since S-Mac will help us sign more members AND he's Melburnian!

• Like 1

Just read that Scott McDonald was released by middlesborough.

Would be the perfect Australian Marquee.

Why don't we start a social network movement: #WeWantScottMcDonald or #BringScottMcDonaldToHeart ?

We'll bombard Scott Munn, JD and @MelbourneHeart on twitter with the above hastag/s...maybe follow that hastag with #OneMelburnian since S-Mac will help us sign more members AND he's Melburnian!

Were too busy trying to sign Garcia to worry about signing a marquee. Lets just wait another month or 2 until he makes a decision then we'll go from there :up:

I've always liked Scott McDonald, regardless of his international record I reckon he's our best striker.

Absolutely tore up the SPL a few years ago and he was never really given the truest opportunity to prove himself in the national team (most of his appearances came either as a sub or as a sole striker).

Would be the perfect Australian marquee as Red or Dead said and would score 10-15 a season.

Edited by Nate
  • Like 2

I've always liked Scott McDonald, regardless of his international record I reckon he's our best striker.

Absolutely tore up the SPL a few years ago and he was never really given the truest opportunity to prove himself in the national team (most of his appearances came either as a sub or as a sole striker).

Would be the perfect Australian marquee as Red or Dead said and would score 10-15 a season.

Before someone knocks the SPL, that was a much stronger SPL than the SPL of two years ago as well.

Why hasn't MacDonald been able to reproduce his Celtic form in the Championship then?

Its because he had Nakamura putting it on a plate for him to finish from 6 yards at Celtic.

MacDonald is a poacher.  Raul is a poacher.  Lineker was a poacher.  

Without a quality play maker they are less than half the players.

We could have kept Tadic if we had an Ono, or an ADP to create chances.

Who is our quality play maker?

Why hasn't MacDonald been able to reproduce his Celtic form in the Championship then?

Its because he had Nakamura putting it on a plate for him to finish from 6 yards at Celtic.

MacDonald is a poacher.  Raul is a poacher.  Lineker was a poacher.  

Without a quality play maker they are less than half the players.

We could have kept Tadic if we had an Ono, or an ADP to create chances.

Who is our quality play maker?

Kewell, probably.

Try 1.5 - 2 million

...probably not worth it

Yeah, not worth that amount, Don't lose sight of the fact he's being let go from a side in the Championship and the Socceroos won't touch him. Not dissimilar to where Garcia was at before he came (less injury plagued I guess). I'd say $800 to $900k about right, There's talk of Boro continuing to pay some of his salary when he leaves... 

Okay, I'll admit that I'm a Saints fan, but here are three players that Southampton are trying to get rid of that are all worthy of consideration by Heart. All are just short of EPL standard, but would be quality players in the HAL.

Striker options:

Tadanari Lee

Billy Sharp

Midfielder:

Dean Hammond (could be used as a DM, but usually a central midfielder - not a marquee, but at an age where we could try to squeeze him under the salary cap).

Hammond and Sharp have both delivered in the Championship, and only Championship teams would be offering contracts . I'd say Sharp is a genuine marquee - good age and great goal scoring record.

What do people think?

Refer previous post - two types of marquee - ones that win games and bring people along because of success, and others that bring people along through their reputation - these players are not the latter - but Sharp would be one of the best strikers in the competition.

Players like Broich, Flores, and Fred did not bring people to their first game either... they were pretty much unknowns to most HAL fans.

• Like 1