Melbourne Football

Vince Grella RETIRING

MHFC19

Anyone get the feeling that Colosimo might also retire? Or maybe I am imagining things.

Or be changing clubs? Or had a hissy fit and was dropped as a result?

What a tumultuous couple of weeks it's been. Marrone leaves, Eli returns, Vince plays and retires...almost too much!

I hate to say this, I have a feeling MHFC is *gulp* aabout to shut up shop.

What?

I have this terrible feeling that we're gonna go bust :o

Just a feeling or based on anything significant?

From what I am hearing we are going to break even, we have a license for a long time and rumour that we are about to announce finally the new facilities being built. So would go against what is said? Although I suspect some bad news on the way from twitter talk, but not sure it will be as significant as that.

Stop being a negative cunt and be postive. Jesus christ i'm pissed off too that vinnie's retiring but to say the clubs folding makes you sound like some teenage girl

• Like 1

What?

From what I am hearing we are going to break even, we have a license for a long time and rumour that we are about to announce finally the new facilities being built. So would go against what is said? Although I suspect some bad news on the way from twitter talk, but not sure it will be as significant as that.

Stop being a negative cunt and be postive. Jesus christ i'm pissed off too that vinnie's retiring but to say the clubs folding makes you sound like some teenage girl

Huh? Quoted wrong person?

What?

Just a feeling but it is the same feeling I had 2 days before Rangers went into admin.

What?

Just a feeling but it is the same feeling I had 2 days before Rangers went into admin.

So just as they announce that we are playing in the VPL, we are gonna shut up shop? IGBOK

Seeing this pic in the game thread makes me even more sad. Even though he only played 20 minutes and didn't set the world alight he actually played with 'Heart' and was aggressive which is something we never see except for derbies. Also funny that Topor-Stanley is one of the biggest bloke in the A-League.

Untitled.jpg

"Stay down"

It seems the transfer window actually goes to mid February so at least we have a bit more time.

Fingers crossed, if they were doing their job they should already have a shortlist. There was alway a chance that this could happen so the club should have been looking around to see who's available just in case. Can always chuck the list in the bin later if it's not needed.

• Like 1

I know this whole Grella issue is frustrating, particularly now since he has gone. But what a guy, offering to play for nothing, paid for his own personal training and when the club had to pay him, due to legal issues he bought a corporate box at AAMI for the whole season.

With all this in mind, yes its disheartening (pardon pun) but it was well worth the gamble. According to the Herald Sun he was even in talks just before the WSW game to extend his deal and move his family over here.

Like what was suggested before, there should be a send off this week at the derby from both Heart and Victory.

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 5

Yet I also could see the club doing something stupid like bypassing this fact and replacing him with Grella.

Because a handful of non football sport fans have a vague idea of who he is (by which i mean they have heard the name somewhere before) and will therefore be impressed enough to become members

I heard that Heart are signing Rafael Nadal, he needs to get fit again, and he feels a break from some tennis. JA played with his uncle and they are working on a way to get this to happen for a guest stint before the next Major...

What is this, golf? It's Grand Slam, you twat. ;)

I heard that Heart are signing Rafael Nadal, he needs to get fit again, and he feels a break from some tennis. JA played with his uncle and they are working on a way to get this to happen for a guest stint before the next Major...

What is this, golf? It's Grand Slam, you twat. ;)

I was so close!

Like everyone else I was gutted by this news.

Don't think we should write off Vinnie's presence just because he didn't play. His status as a top level player would have meant he had a lot of influence on the training ground etc. I for one would like to see him hanging around the club for the rest of the season. (Not sure if he's coaching material long term though- doesn't really strike me as the type)

Cheers to you Vinnie on a fabulous career- made us all proud to be Aussies watching you with your "no backward steps" approach to all things football. Bugger of a way to end, but not many get a fairytale.

Edited by Shahanga