Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Today Farina saw a problem and made a change in the first half. I don't think I can remember a tactical change from JA. If he has changed it's ever so slightly. All the subs seem to be like for like. It's as if they have one plan and if that fails they don't have anything else. I don't think it matter what players we had, the formation and tactics would remain the same. Even in the most extreme !!

• Like 2

Today Farina saw a problem and made a change in the first half. I don't think I can remember a tactical change from JA. If he has changed it's ever so slightly. All the subs seem to be like for like. It's as if they have one plan and if that fails they don't have anything else. I don't think it matter what players we had, the formation and tactics would remain the same. Even in the most extreme !!

I think it was more Del Piero saw a problem and told farina to make the change lololo

I think that we need to be thoughtful about what is happening: JA is clearly not instructing the team to sit deep and panic in the second half, this is a problem within the playing group, not even attributable to individuals. JA and the coaching team are responsible for addressing the problem, if I were here for the fan forum I'd be listening for a clear understanding about what the problem is and that there is a plan to fix it. I think that it's unreasonable to expect that a problem that we have had since inception can be easily fixed, however we can expect that it will be fixed. JA made appropriate coaching changes, he brought on 2 fresh attacking players, the playing group were unable to respond, he needs to understand why.

BG, you may well be right that JA is not actually instructing players or the team '...to sit deep and panic...' , but he is condoning it because he continues to select the same players. As we have discussed before, the problem is recurring over and over again, but not now just now and again but every single match. Unless some of the inputs are changed the output will remain the same. The club cannot allow this situation to continue.

I think that we need to be thoughtful about what is happening: JA is clearly not instructing the team to sit deep and panic in the second half, this is a problem within the playing group, not even attributable to individuals. JA and the coaching team are responsible for addressing the problem, if I were here for the fan forum I'd be listening for a clear understanding about what the problem is and that there is a plan to fix it. I think that it's unreasonable to expect that a problem that we have had since inception can be easily fixed, however we can expect that it will be fixed. JA made appropriate coaching changes, he brought on 2 fresh attacking players, the playing group were unable to respond, he needs to understand why.

BG, you may well be right that JA is not actually instructing players or the team '...to sit deep and panic...' , but he is condoning it because he continues to select the same players. As we have discussed before, the problem is recurring over and over again, but not now just now and again but every single match. Unless some of the inputs are changed the output will remain the same. The club cannot allow this situation to continue.

This.

Spot on, Every week this happens, We hit the lead then park the bus and LET the other team have enough chances to score (and win on many occasions) Would love to know what the instructions are at half time. Why is it for the first 45 we look good and give us hope then next 45mins have 1 shot on goal. Is it fitness? Is it coaching? Id like to think athletes could run out a 90 min game (max). Frustrating times. But ill stick by the side.

I think it was more Del Piero saw a problem and told farina to make the change lololo

either way something was done, and at least they had a leader on the pitch to take control.

If a player asked for another player to be subbed at Melbourne Heart then I would be demanding that player be dropped and fined.. Not a players job to make substitutions.

And all this comparing Aloisi with other coaches, including Farina. Farina is absolute rubbish and so are Sydney regardless of yesterday. Farina's changes didn't do anything, neither did his tactics, the only reason we lost is because we dropped so much, not anything they did.

Not saying there aren't problems but careful what you wish for. JA has potential, has shown some good things recently and there were good signs yesterday.

Need to hire a fitness coach because without fitness tactics are useless... JA and Foxe don't seem to know how to get a team fully fit..

Edited by kontra.11

We not only need a good fitness and conditioning team, we need a sports psychologist. That's where the change in mentality will come from.

Well at least FF tried something. And at the end of the day they won. JA hasn't show anything new in the team except more moon balls going forward which doesn't help the type of players that we have. When the ball is on the ground we play better. We have a team of players JA's job is to find the best system and to get the best out of the players. We have kept the same system for 3 season's and playing players out of position. He has been at the club since the start and should have a better understanding of what's best for the team. But their have been no changes but more long balls. We are still doing things that we as fans have been complaining about since the start of this club. We don't have to worry about relegation so let's try something new instead of the same crap that we have been doing. JA seems to be devoid of ideas or the board won't let him either way something needs to change. Rant over. :)

We not only need a good fitness and conditioning team, we need a sports psychologist. That's where the change in mentality will come from.

As I said a few weeks to you on here the club are skint and are short changing us in terms of success. They need to invest more in themselves.

But breaking even is their only concern.

Never seen breaking even as a model of ambition. This is the major concern of the club.

It is now why the future of the club lies with us, the supporters. We want change, we have to do something about it.

Forum is a great place to build a community but we need more action and less talking about it.

I like him as a person and he was a great player and all but he really needs to go. We need a proper manager. Not someone with a slick sales pitch. Not someone that people know from his playing days. And certainly not someone just because they are cheap.

We need someone with a winning track record in leagues of a similar or higher standard. Anything else is not good enough.

I like him as a person and he was a great player and all but he really needs to go. We need a proper manager. Not someone with a slick sales pitch. Not someone that people know from his playing days. And certainly not someone just because they are cheap.

We need someone with a winning track record in leagues of a similar or higher standard. Anything else is not good enough.

Agree and you do realize this fits Ernie Merrick perfectly?

I'd personally be fine with a bitter Ernie with a point to prove. Fuck it, get Hernandez as well, he's a winner and wants to come back and I don't care what y'all say.

Edited by Jimmy

JA has taken our player from team of the year, Fred, and made him a dud. He has done well with Williams but has stuffed the likes of Thompson.

These set substitutions around the 70 minute mark are doing us every week. When was the last time DMac (who I rate as a target man) didn't replace Tadic?

JA has taken a solid squad and stuffed it.

I have had enough.

• Like 3

Well I plan on bringing this up at the fan forum. Just venting my frustration right now.

Was thinking about what people might say at the fan forum t.

I want to say:

1. Can we get another coach because the one you picked isn't up to it.

2. Can we get rid of some players because they are shit or past it.

3. Let us sit on the side without charging a ransom for it, since a) we will never fill that part anyway and B) it really looks shit on TV.

The reality is i can't really see anyone being allowed to say that.

It will be more like:

"what can the club to improve the match day experience/entertainment, is getting to AAMI a problem, is the catering to your satisfaction, is it a family friendly atmosphere"

I'm convinced that they'll cancel the fan forum if they are reading half the shit we are posting on this forum lol.

In all seriousness though when aliosi was orginally was hired, i didn't have a problem with it. I thought they were planning on doing an essendon and hiring more experienced coaches to put around him. Clearly this was not the case. With hayden fox and peter zois as assistant coached what did we expect? For the squads chosen from moves made during the game its clear aliosi is cracking under the pressure due to the fact he has not got an older wiser head on the bench to consuly with when making a tactical decision when we do not have the run of the play. If the board was serious about having aliosi around as a long time coach, surely they would've hired a mentor for someone whos coaching resume highlight is coaching a youth team?

I tend to be a patient guy, I mean, for example, as an Eagles supporter I was completely supportive of Worsfold when we came dead last and most fans wanted his head (Granted he got us a premiership, but that is not the point). We were playing badly, tactically, our players had a bad mentality (sounds familiar doesn't it), anyway, the next season we shoot up from last to fourth, basically the same list and whatnot, but that is not my point. My point is that people are so quick to dismiss a coach, I guarantee you all that if we were to win the premiership next year we would all be lauding Aloisi as the second coming. As sports fans we are so quick to react to bad performances, we are impatient, but I know it is because we love the club and want success.

• Like 1

I believe we should stick by him, realistically, we are just out of finals at the moment, yes, we should have one more, but aloisi still has finals in his sights. What I do think we need is some more guidance for aloisi as a coach, and what he brings to the team.

This season up until about three weeks ago was almost over but at the moment we arent looking so bad. Im personally not a fan of him changing so many players at once, and taken players off far to often, but hopefully he can work to find the right mixture.

I hope for his sake we make finals, or he probably wont be there next season

• Like 2

I tend to be a patient guy, I mean, for example, as an Eagles supporter I was completely supportive of Worsfold when we came dead last and most fans wanted his head (Granted he got us a premiership, but that is not the point). We were playing badly, tactically, our players had a bad mentality (sounds familiar doesn't it), anyway, the next season we shoot up from last to fourth, basically the same list and whatnot, but that is not my point. My point is that people are so quick to dismiss a coach, I guarantee you all that if we were to win the premiership next year we would all be lauding Aloisi as the second coming. As sports fans we are so quick to react to bad performances, we are impatient, but I know it is because we love the club and want success.

I agree, we are 2 players short of a good starting 11. JA has had to deal with a huge turnover in players and the unexpected loss of 3 strategic players. When we are playing well we look good but it needs to happen for 95 minutes not 45

Any bets Aloisi is allowed to see out the season before he is "removed"/"relocated" to Assistant/Youth Coach with either Branko or Miron appointed (even Merrick should be considered).

none of those people are even coming close to my club unless they manage to escape unharmed from the latrobe university snakepit of pitchforks, zombies, fire breathing dragons and mehmet durakovic. only then will they be considered worthy of replacing Aloisi.

Perhaps you are right. Its just seems that every time we manage to build up any momentum we somehow manage to fuck things up. And it happens time and time again. It can be so damn infuriating because I can see just how much potential this club has.

In retrospect I would like to formally withdraw any comments I made yesterday. The combination of working on a Monday morning and the weekends heartbreaking loss were clouding my judgements. I will just have to be patient if I want to see the groundbreaking style of football the club was talking up so much during it inception.

There is a difference between sticking with a coach that's won you the title previously, with stickign with a coach that has f-all experience, looks out of their depth and coaching in a much bigger league..I think fair bit of patience has been shown with Aloisi, and by all means give him till the end of the season, but it's been said before, if he was assistant it would be much more ideal, he still has learning to do.

There is a difference between sticking with a coach that's won you the title previously, with stickign with a coach that has f-all experience, looks out of their depth and coaching in a much bigger league..I think fair bit of patience has been shown with Aloisi, and by all means give him till the end of the season, but it's been said before, if he was assistant it would be much more ideal, he still has learning to do.

I also suspect Wosha may not been sacked straight away due to him being more than merely a Club Legend and also having a bit of Inside Knowledge about what went on behind closed doors a few years earlier.

I do like the use of the AFL analogy however, as when we conceded that second goal on Sunday – The only thing I could compare the feeling amongst the fans in the Away Bay too was that inevitable feeling you in a AFL crowd when everybody knows it’s gone too far this game and it’s the Coaches last time in charge.

The frustrating thing is unlike AFL clubs (Or lets bet honest SFC or MVFC) – We can’t even act upon that feeling.