Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Can't see how the board can sack Aloisi and not offer their own resignations enmasse.

I mean - he is easily the least experienced coach in the league, of course he was going to struggle when he started. if they thought he would get instant results then they truly are incompetent. The only reason i can see to offer Aloisi the job would be in the belief that he has the potential to be the best manager in the country, otherwise why offer him a job he had virtually no experience for?

So for now all I can see to do is suck it up and hope they got it right.

• Like 1

Keep Aloisi, Bring in a assistant with some experience. Miron, Merrick, Straka.

We allegedly already have Ron Smith in a consultative role.

Why not sit him alongside Aloisi on match day instead of Foxe?

Are we actually using Smith in ANY role whatsoever?

Keep Aloisi, Bring in a assistant with some experience. Miron, Merrick, Straka.

We allegedly already have Ron Smith in a consultative role.

Why not sit him alongside Aloisi on match day instead of Foxe?

Are we actually using Smith in ANY role whatsoever?

I read something about him living in sydney and they talk on the phone and skype and he gets sent videos or something like that :huh:

I'm sorry to be totaly ignorant, but after having a quick peek at Ron Smith's wiki page, I can't say I am thrilled in having him as a tacticle advisor. Seems like he could be a great youth developer though.

Please fill me in if you feel he would be good, becuase I don't see it from my cursory glance at his wiki page.

From what I can remember reading around Ron Smith is very similar to Rado Vidosic in that he's good at the technical side of the game and analysis but not so great at man management and other components which holds him back from being a rounded coach. Having these people around is very handy but I'm not sure how well it's working with him based in Canberra.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can remember reading around Ron Smith is very similar to Rado Vidosic in that he's good at the technical side of the game and analysis but not so great at man management and other components which holds him back from being a rounded coach. Having these people around is very handy but I'm not sure how well it's working with him based in Canberra.

Yeah Rons is a good analyst of the game and has worked with the Socceroos for many years and Liverpool FC aswell.

I think that we need to be thoughtful about what is happening: JA is clearly not instructing the team to sit deep and panic in the second half, this is a problem within the playing group, not even attributable to individuals. JA and the coaching team are responsible for addressing the problem, if I were here for the fan forum I'd be listening for a clear understanding about what the problem is and that there is a plan to fix it. I think that it's unreasonable to expect that a problem that we have had since inception can be easily fixed, however we can expect that it will be fixed. JA made appropriate coaching changes, he brought on 2 fresh attacking players, the playing group were unable to respond, he needs to understand why.

• Like 1

I think that we need to be thoughtful about what is happening: JA is clearly not instructing the team to sit deep and panic in the second half, this is a problem within the playing group, not even attributable to individuals. JA and the coaching team are responsible for addressing the problem, if I were here for the fan forum I'd be listening for a clear understanding about what the problem is and that there is a plan to fix it. I think that it's unreasonable to expect that a problem that we have had since inception can be easily fixed, however we can expect that it will be fixed. JA made appropriate coaching changes, he brought on 2 fresh attacking players, the playing group were unable to respond, he needs to understand why.

You cannot, cannot have a bench like that under any circumstance.

If the players aren't doing what he is asking he has lost the group. The experienced players need to be held accountable or, he needs to go.

He needs to show some balls. Playing the likes of Matt Thompson week after week regardless of the worst form I have seen, is an issue.

If things aren't addressed, and demonstrated, changes will be forced. Fans have had enough of the clubs lack of ambition.

• Like 6

Well I'm confused. Ange turned Roar around and since he left for MV they've fallen into a heap. Popovic was tasked with forming a new team at short notice and has done a terrific job. However we have had a history under JVS and now JA of not finishing games, and as JVS use to complain, of lacking confidence. That is a coaching puzzle that we have not solved for the last 2 years and appear unable to solve with the current management regime.

The only question I have with this is why is the bench stacked with attacking players? Surely when all are tired you need DMs or defenders to step in and stem the tide. A lopsided bench again contributes to our problems. The ball is at the wrong end of the park for the last 15 minutes for fresh attacking players.

I agree we need to be thoughtful about how we react to today. But there are obvious deficiencies in the squad (especially with ageing players), a transfer period and a youth set up. I wrote four weeks ago that these four recent games were crucial. We've blown two leads and held on by the skin of our teeth in two. Is it crunch time and acknowledgment that finals are beyond us?? We may make them but realistically I don't think we'd go deep. I honestly think its time to plan for next season. Try the kids, start working on contracts for Garcia, Tadic and Gerhardt and identify real deficiencies and start headhunting now for solutions. Having the same heartbreak dished up repeatedly now only saps our future culture. Play the youth development card and look for mentally strong performers.

One trait about Aloisi, is instead of punishing poor performances by dropping players, he gives them chances to redeem themselves. This is all well and good occasionally, however the time have come to make players earn their spots with full 90 minute committed performance to the game plan. If they can't do that, bring someone else in. If Aloisi, won't budge on this, bring someone else in who can. We clearly have a capable squad that is woefully underperforming.

Bring on a striker away from home when we are 1-0 up, with 75mins gone.

Aloisi logic.

He continues to play that fucking clown Hoffman. He seems like a nice guy, but fuck me.. Football isn't about how nice you are. If you have zero footballing ability, which unfortunately Jason Hoffman has. How this guy gets a game for a VPL side let alone a team in the national competition is seriously beyond me..

Aloisi was purely a marketing decision, I honestly can't see how he is any better than ante milicic, who IMO would have been a far better appointment.

Time for this fucking muppet to resign, or the club to fire him and call it a "mutual decison" to save him some embarrassment. Under aloisi we will continue with these results eventually run ourselves out of business. Thought the board where in it for "the long run".

Obviously not then..