Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Thought the same when I saw the youth players hanging out together, like Mitchenson, Garrucio and Nabboutt. I thought, how could they even talk to each other! But, supporters obviously take things way more seriously than players and coaches.

The reality is that the football 'community' is a very small one and it's inevitable that everyone knows each other. Given how precarious making a living out of it is, it's to their advantage to keep in touch with each other because they never know when they'll need a favour. Also don't forget that the players are often together at representative team camps and so on.

Pro cycling is very similar, and I'll guess that all sports are the same.

i want bleiberg as manager

I wouldn't mind him. But I assume Aloisi, or someone of equivalent experience (ie none) is all we could afford.

AFAIK all we've ever said (and by 'we' I mean the owners of the club) is that we aimed to break even in Season 3 as part of our aim to run a sustainable A-League club, and the last I remember reading (SM?) was that we are on track to do that.

The notion that somehow we are the poor relations of the league is something conjured up by the media and/or posters on various forums. I don't believe it has any basis in fact.

It makes sense in any business to cut costs to a minimum where you can. In JA's case he was chosen after an agonisingly-long process - too long probably. The syndicate are not business fools, and they will have considered all the relevant factors in their decision-making process. Whether or not they've made the right choice is something they will be looking at on an on-going basis. IMO they'll let this season run its course in the hope that we can turn things around.

In reality, was Jv$ that much better on his reported $750,000 package?

• Like 3

I agree jw. We are not poor. After all we were able to come up with millions of dollars overnight at the mention of beck's name. The board are great business men and its showing. Our club is about as exciting as watching someone go through their receipts and balance their books.

I want the decisions to be made based on a desire to excite and captivate. Not graphs and pie charts.

We have wealthy owners who refuse to outlay money and want the club to be self sufficient. So we are poor. The club have said numerous times it doesn't have the funds for this or that.

Only massive opportunities where it can make money (from Beckham) have they outlaid the funds. Because it is a sound investment where they can make money.

If we weren't poor, the club would do the things that would be capable to make it a strong force in Melbourne. Facilities would be better, more staff and many other things would be done to improve the club.

• Like 1

We have wealthy owners who refuse to outlay money and want the club to be self sufficient. So we are poor. The club have said numerous times it doesn't have the funds for this or that.

Only massive opportunities where it can make money (from Beckham) have they outlaid the funds. Because it is a sound investment where they can make money.

If we weren't poor, the club would do the things that would be capable to make it a strong force in Melbourne. Facilities would be better, more staff and many other things would be done to improve the club.

The way for us to live within our means is to concentrate on youth development. It's much cheaper than buying success like MV, and even though we are less likely to reach the same heights we are also less likely to go through boom and bust cycles like they will.

The way for us to live within our means is to concentrate on youth development. It's much cheaper than buying success like MV, and even though we are less likely to reach the same heights we are also less likely to go through boom and bust cycles like they will.

I agree. But why have we gone away from this?

Invest in the football department. Fitness staff, medicos, facilities.

Youth development is what we need to get back go being known for!

• Like 1

Think we all need to start our applications for the coaching role and send them to the board because i cant see our performances improving in the near future on this seasons results.

I just won the champions league for the second time with Sunderland on FM08, reckon i should give it a go.

But i think we should be tapping Milicic on the shoulders honestly. Not that he'd want to come back.

Edited by Che

I am not sure what the furniture business is like at the moment but perhaps Miron Bleiburg could be an option to "oversee" the football department as he has experience with promoting youth and had some good results with Gold Coast before the rot set in from Clive as well as other coaching successes prior. He likes nice football to boot.

Also comes up with some of the best quotes in Aussie football.

Branko Culina and Ante Milicic are others who come to mind.

If we do go for a new coach, make it someone with experience in turning a club around. I would prefer to stay clear of anyone with a previous involvement with Heart. As well as his inexperience, part of Aloisi's problem is that he was playing with some of his players only two years ago. Means he's not likely to be objective in his decision-making.

I THINK, I remember the club mentioning the interview stages with Ante and JA and they said JA presented a great presentation. It would be interesting to know what they were looking for in a manager etc. We all have our ideas why he got the job, but it would be interesting to had been a fly on the wall during their meetings in choosing.

To have a guy like ante with experience and JA with nothing, yet they felt he was the best option. Not saying Ante would have been awesome, but you look at the two records on paper you would think it would be a no brainer.