Melbourne Football

LIVERPOOL F.C

Scouser

Watched, and laughed. Y'know why? 

Because for a month now Liverpool fans have all been saying they will win it, and even had photos taken with a replica trophy at a grocery store. I have even seen some ridiculous equations 'proving' they will win it - I shit you not.

Everyone else has been silent. It isn't over, but one needs to calm the hell down. THAT is why it is funny.

Yes those fans were a tad over confident!  I had only just started to hope (last week!), but really they looked a nervous side against Norwich and with 2 hard matches (and another one you still have to win) to go it was a big worry.

You still have to go to Everton (though they've probably got less to play for now after those 2 comical own goals) so we are not done quite yet.

• 2 weeks later...

It's quiet too quiet...

There too busy taking down all their facebook status's about how they've got the title'in the bag' to comment here :lol:

Not that I cbf looking past this page but when did anyone here say that?

Also this is pretty funny - http://talkingbaws.com/2014/05/06/10-liverpool-fans-desperately-asking-andy-carroll-to-help-win-them-the-premier-league-title/

I really hope city lose to West Ham, liverpool are up 2 -1 in the 90th minute only for Newcastle to equalise from a dubious penalty in extra time. Liverpool then put one in the back of the net only for it to be incorrectly ruled offside.

That would make my day

• Like 1

I didn't realise there were so many people still bitter over our run of success that ended abruptly 25 years ago.  Get a life- its time to move on!

We've had a fantastic season actually.  At the start top 4 looked a struggle, so second is incredible, as was that run of 14 wins in a row in the back half of the season when all the teams that lack depth tend to fall away.

I didn't realise there were so many people still bitter over our run of success that ended abruptly 25 years ago. Get a life- its time to move on!

We've had a fantastic season actually. At the start top 4 looked a struggle, so second is incredible, as was that run of 14 wins in a row in the back half of the season when all the teams that lack depth tend to fall away.

This attitude from Liverpool Supporters of accepting second best that began when the Spice Boys were piss farting around is exactly why this will probably occur:

hahahahaha talk shite you guys are cunts, get over it you're not gonna win another league for years, huge missed chance

And I say this from a pretty unbiased POV... in anything as a Celtic Fan I prob prefer Liverpool to the other clubs that were in contention this year. Edited by cadete

hahahahaha talk shite you guys are cunts, get over it you're not gonna win another league for years, huge missed chance

jeez mate your choice of words is sending this forum to a new low.  

If we are so bad, how good are your Chelsea (if that's who your confused ramblings refer to) then?  You are below us on the table and spent more cash.  You msut be double what you called us. 

• Like 1

jeez mate your choice of words is sending this forum to a new low.  

If we are so bad, how good are your Chelsea (if that's who your confused ramblings refer to) then?  You are below us on the table and spent more cash.  You msut be double what you called us. 

Only club to compete at a respectable level in europe and domestically this season, played more games than anyone. Good luck coping with the games next season.

Did the double over the top two and fuck it was funny to watch you all jump back into your shells this week, missed chance as you won't get as close to winning it for a very long time.

Only club to compete at a respectable level in europe and domestically this season, played more games than anyone. Good luck coping with the games next season.

What? You mean better than Bayern who won the bundesliga 19 points clear and were knocked out at the same stage of the CL as you? Or better than Real who are in the CL final, and look likely to finish in the same league position to you - 3rd. Better than Benfica who have lost 4 games in over 50 in 5 competitions this term and on track for a Quaddie. Or even Atletico who could secure the CL and La Liga double in 10 days time...?

Edited by LR9

What? You mean better than Bayern who won the bundesliga 19 points clear and were knocked out at the same stage of the CL as you? Or better than Real who are in the CL final, and look likely to finish in the same league position to you - 3rd. Better than Benfica who have lost 4 games in over 50 in 5 competitions this term and on track for a Quaddie. Or even Atletico who could secure the CL and La Liga double in 10 days time...?

Think he meant English teams.

• Like 1

Think he meant English teams.

Fair enough. My bad, I guess..

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lallana was my boy the moment we signed him. Proving that the £23 million price was well worth it. Such a classy player, probably been our second best player this season behind Sterling.

Moreno looking like a top signing as well, same with Can.

Balotelli and Lovren are a huge was of £36 million. Could buy someone like Benzema with that money. We aren't gonna get our money back for Balotelli either. Who's gonna wanna take him? Especially as he is cup-tied.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From TIA, 16 players who could leave Liverpool at the end of the season.

Likely departures:

Brad Jones – Released
Glen Johnson – Released
Jose Enrique – £3 million
Kolo Toure – Released
Sebastian Coates – £2 million
Andre Wisdom – £5 million
Steven Gerrard – Free Transfer to LA Galaxy
Lucas Leiva – £10 million
Joao Carlos Teixeira – £1 million
Luis Alberto – £5 million
Rickie Lambert – £4 million