Melbourne Football

LIVERPOOL F.C

Scouser

• 2 weeks later...

Why aim for 3rd?

With the top 3 faltering we (and Tottenham) are still (amazingly) in the hunt for the title. 

Obviously higher than 3rd would be amazing but look at the cashola that citeh and chel$ki have pumped into the squad, we've done amazingly well to be here now considering suarez missed the start and sturridge missed a lot too, also we've had a 2nd string back 4 for a while now(flannagan 1st choice now?)

Just if we do make the 4 i don't want it to be 4th cause we could possibly end up playing dortmund in a ucl playoff

Obviously higher than 3rd would be amazing but look at the cashola that citeh and chel$ki have pumped into the squad, we've done amazingly well to be here now considering suarez missed the start and sturridge missed a lot too, also we've had a 2nd string back 4 for a while now(flannagan 1st choice now?)

Just if we do make the 4 i don't want it to be 4th cause we could possibly end up playing dortmund in a ucl playoff

Yeah we've done brilliantly to be in the mix still given the cashola situation.  Had our fair share of injuries and coped somehow, despite the squad looking "thin" at this level.  We are still the outsiders of the top 4 (ie i think our chances are better than Tottenham and no one below them has any chance) but definitely in the mix. 

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool's fixtures until the end of season:

16th March vs. Manchester United @ Old Trafford

23rd March vs. Cardiff City @ Cardiff City Stadium

27th March vs. Sunderland @Anfield

31st March vs. Tottenham Hotspurs @ Anfield

7th April vs. West Ham United @ Upton Park

13th April vs. Manchester City @ Anfield

20th April vs. Norwich City @ Carrow Road

27th April vs. Chelsea @ Anfield

4th May vs. Crystal Palace @ Selhurt Park

12th May vs. Newcastle United @ Anfield

Don't think I really need to go into depth how massive the games against Spurs, ManC, and Chelsea (all at anfield mind you) are in the context of how close this season is probably gonna be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still top of the league after knocking over the hammers.

What a season it's been.  I never really gave us much hope at any point and was glad of every good thing that happened, from keeping Suarez etc etc.  The combination of Sturridge (am still shaking my head that Chelski would sell him and buy Ba- still thanks a lot fellas!) and Suarez has been mind blowing and I thought just being top at Christmas was something special, regardless of what happened next.

Still think Man City should be the favourites but am actually starting to think it might be possible........

couldn't get to sleep after that until about 3am, nerves were completely shot by the end. so tired at work today.

+1 i struggled to get the words "Coutinhooooo" out of my head. Finally fell asleep around 4ish.

Woke up this morning like - 37439025-claping-.gif

• Like 1

absolutely does my fucking head in how we can score 2 at the start of the game and then play the rest of the game like a championship club. we should be coasting and putting in more instead of letting the opposition back into the game

No difference to the way heart plays :)

Except for the position on the ladder

Watched, and laughed. Y'know why? 

Because for a month now Liverpool fans have all been saying they will win it, and even had photos taken with a replica trophy at a grocery store. I have even seen some ridiculous equations 'proving' they will win it - I shit you not.

Everyone else has been silent. It isn't over, but one needs to calm the hell down. THAT is why it is funny.