Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

3 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

what do people on here think about fallout 4?

Tempted to buy it but it seems it has a strong addiction potiential

Very very very good.

On Battlefront, is there much split screen stuff? Used to love playing with mates but hearing its online only is whats holding me back.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, AaronAV11 said:

nba 2k16, not even the biggest basketball fan but play it so much more than fifa 16

Just bought it recently. But MyCareer saves keep getting corrupted. Fucking annoying to say the least. Started over cos it got corrupted then the same thing happened to the new one as well...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hakz7 said:

Just bought it recently. But MyCareer saves keep getting corrupted. Fucking annoying to say the least. Started over cos it got corrupted then the same thing happened to the new one as well...

No shit, same thing happened to me too.

Tried starting career again and it worked fine 

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Has anyone had an issue with Rocket league on PS4 with their controller going nuts (not working, then randomly working and then finally disconnecting)? Just tired a few other games and no issues with the controller. 

not personally, no 

the only glitch I've had was the camera randomly fixing itself from an aerial view rather than being from the car's perspective which was weird, but it's only ever happened once

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Nate said:

anyone played Fallout 4? 

picked it up recently and have probably played about 5-10 hours, it's a super stressful game ahaha but I think I like it.

It's pretty good, not equal to the other-worldly hype it got but it's a solid game and anyone who's a fan of the series (which I am) will get some good hours out of it.

Feels a bit dumbed down compared to previous Fallout games though (dialogue/choice wise), which is just the way more western RPG's seem to be going atm unfortunately.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Embee said:

It's pretty good, not equal to the other-worldly hype it got but it's a solid game and anyone who's a fan of the series (which I am) will get some good hours out of it.

Feels a bit dumbed down compared to previous Fallout games though (dialogue/choice wise), which is just the way more western RPG's seem to be going atm unfortunately.

I've never played a Fallout game before but I'm enjoying it for the most part, it's funny you say it's been dumbed down because I almost feel overwhelmed with all of the options so I guess its predecessors must really have been something! 

I'm still pretty awful at dealing with ghouls and raiders though.

2 hours ago, strider said:

great time to be a space-sim fan. Star Citizen picking up ground on its long awaited release, Elite Dangerous and No Man's Sky. 

Fapfapfap

Strider, explain no man's sky to me. Do you just fly around in your spaceship and look at all the randomly generated planets? I don't get how that can be entertaining for more than 30 minutes.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Strider, explain no man's sky to me. Do you just fly around in your spaceship and look at all the randomly generated planets? I don't get how that can be entertaining for more than 30 minutes.

No idea Jimmy. I just love being close to huge floating balls (seriously, I'm a bit of a megalophobic -- but I love it). 

It's just cool that this genre is starting to peak again amidst the clusterfuck of mindless, impatient FPS lately

Edited by strider

17 hours ago, Nate said:

I've never played a Fallout game before but I'm enjoying it for the most part, it's funny you say it's been dumbed down because I almost feel overwhelmed with all of the options so I guess its predecessors must really have been something! 

I'm still pretty awful at dealing with ghouls and raiders though.

Yeah the previous ones felt like your options were even greater and the ways you could resolve certain situations were more varied.

Early in the game you get absolutely owned by ghouls and raiders, I was the same. Once you level up a bit they become pretty easy to run through.

On 26/2/2016 at 1:24 PM, hakz7 said:

Wow. Doesn't look like FIFA will get UCL rights anytime soon then. 

Honestly, since their single player layout is pretty stale and hasnt changed for a very long time (just some training development and pre season tournament during career mode for fifa 16) they dont really deserve additional rights. And plus it seems they are making loads of money through ultimate team so i doubt they have any motivation to make an effort to become more creative with career mode.

havent played pes since 2012 i think so i bought pes 2016 during a sale and will see how they have created the euro 2016 game mode ( im hoping they will have like historical games to play through like what i experienced with fifa world cup 2010) but wouldn't be surprised if its just the tournament itself and thats it.

I also bought nhl 16 and wolfenstein new order + old blood on the ps4 so ill have a crack at those as well

Edited by Young Polak