Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone got Cities Skylines?

If you're a fan of city building games and were disappointed with the new Sim City this looks to be the go. Bit busy at the moment but will definitely get it soon.

Did you get it?

Yes, but never ended up playing much as I havent really had time. I'd say I was a little disappointed, but that could be just due to not giving it a proper good. Also it's still in active development so it will only get better. Definitely up there with SC4 as best city building game, I just feel like no one has perfected the genre yet and I had hopes that this game would (it still might since it's still being developed and improved).

Anyone got Cities Skylines?

If you're a fan of city building games and were disappointed with the new Sim City this looks to be the go. Bit busy at the moment but will definitely get it soon.

Did you get it?

Yes, but never ended up playing much as I havent really had time. I'd say I was a little disappointed, but that could be just due to not giving it a proper good. Also it's still in active development so it will only get better. Definitely up there with SC4 as best city building game, I just feel like no one has perfected the genre yet and I had hopes that this game would (it still might since it's still being developed and improved).

Had a look on reddit as your post reminded me on this game, and it looks much cooler than anything I did in the game, so clearly I haven't played enough and also I think there are probably some really good mods out there that should be installed. Thats the key with these games, make it really moddable and let the community go nuts, I think that's why the game is so popular.

Wish I was a teenager so I could waste my life away on it. Used to thrash the shit out of Sim City and transport tycoon.

Jesus, Transport Tycoon was the absolute shit back in the day.

Dat smooth Jazz

In case you're unaware https://www.openttd.org/en/

I have that installed on my desktop computer back at home, I reckon I've easily spent 100+ hours playing it

• Like 1

The Witcher 3 is getting 10/10's left, right and centre, should the hype be believed? 

The itch to buy a PS4 is getting stronger and stronger

Graphics are mint, gameplay looks pretty sick and theres meant to be a shit load of hours. 

Ill be waiting coz I never pay more than $80 for a game. 

The Witcher 3 is getting 10/10's left, right and centre, should the hype be believed? 

Graphics are mint, gameplay looks pretty sick and theres meant to be a shit load of hours. 

JBhifi do new releases for $79 don't they?

EDIT: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/

Edited by Embee

I was disappointed to know that there is no modification features (engine and suspension upgrades with tweaks) and exterior mods perhaps. You can't unlock and collect cars, you just sign contract and represent teams.

Personally, my all time favorite racing game is Sega GT 2002, I enjoyed collecting shitboxes and upgrading its specs, and unlock racing setup cars after completing challenges and end up being the coolest looking car on the track.

Forza 4 has been very dry in terms with its campaign pathway and its very repetitive, you can also easily earn money and splash out on your cars minimizing any challenges, and forza 5 just seems to have less content to play around with, however they have more tracks to race on.

I am yet to try gran turismo 6 but I had a lot of fun with GT5

• Like 1

JBhifi do new releases for $79 don't they?

EDIT: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/

Looks like I'm getting it then

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Adding women's national teams to FIFA 16

Inb4 all the shitty sexist banter

EDIT- link https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-womens-national-teams?sf38362541=1

What an absolute can of worms they've opened.

I don't really know where women's international football fits into men's competition in terms of quality but I imagine it's worse than league 2 in England and the Irish league and the otherlowest rated league's in FIFA which raises the question of what player ratings they give the women's teams players.

For those who don't know every playeris given an overall rating between 0 and 99 based on all their other stats (pace, finishing, dribbling etc.) The best player's in the world get scores in the 90s and the absolute bottom tier of players are pretty much all in the 50's. So logically you'd put women players in the 30s and perhaps low 40s.

The problem with this is that a team of players rated in the 50s is pretty much unplayable, let alone a team in the 30s and would make playing as them an unenjoyable chore and makes having them redundant as no one will play as them. The other route is to give them grossly inflated ratings and suggest that the players are on par or better than the lower tier of professional men's teams.

It's a pickle.

EDIT- link https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-womens-national-teams?sf38362541=1

I don't really know where women's international football fits into men's competition in terms of quality but I imagine it's worse than league 2 in England and the Irish league and the otherlowest rated league's in FIFA which raises the question of what player ratings they give the women's teams players.

For those who don't know every playeris given an overall rating between 0 and 99 based on all their other stats (pace, finishing, dribbling etc.) The best player's in the world get scores in the 90s and the absolute bottom tier of players are pretty much all in the 50's. So logically you'd put women players in the 30s and perhaps low 40s.

The problem with this is that a team of players rated in the 50s is pretty much unplayable, let alone a team in the 30s and would make playing as them an unenjoyable chore and makes having them redundant as no one will play as them. The other route is to give them grossly inflated ratings and suggest that the players are on par or better than the lower tier of professional men's teams.

It's a pickle. Just found the answers on the fifa website. If anyone is curious:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-womens-national-teams-faq

• Like 2

It's a pickle. Just found the answers on the fifa website. If anyone is curious:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-womens-national-teams-faq

I like that the ratings are relative to gender