Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

Over FIFA. Bring on PES (Real mans game)

As much as FIFA pisses me off, PES is just unplayable; for me at least. The players move like robots.

Meh at the end of the day I'm shit at FIFA but unbeatable at PES so I guess that's why I have this attitude.

To win in FIFA you have to play how they want you to play, I feel so much more creative when playing PES and the overall movement of players is way better as well.

A few things that irk me on FIFA, biggest one being when I play a low cross and the cunt takes a touch instead of shooting even though I've tapped shoot. Kills me.

It took EA over a decade to be able to round the keeper realistically ffs, something I've been doing on PES since 2005 lol. I know FIFA fanboys who I've got onto PES and the one thing they said was that scoring a goal on PES feels like so much more of an achievment than when in FIFA.

• Like 2

As much as FIFA pisses me off, PES is just unplayable; for me at least. The players move like robots.

Meh at the end of the day I'm shit at FIFA but unbeatable at PES so I guess that's why I have this attitude.

To win in FIFA you have to play how they want you to play, I feel so much more creative when playing PES and the overall movement of players is way better as well.

A few things that irk me on FIFA, biggest one being when I play a low cross and the cunt takes a touch instead of shooting even though I've tapped shoot. Kills me.

It took EA over a decade to be able to round the keeper realistically ffs, something I've been doing on PES since 2005 lol. I know FIFA fanboys who I've got onto PES and the one thing they said was that scoring a goal on PES feels like so much more of an achievment than when in FIFA.

Last PES I had was in 05 and it was way better than the FIFA of that year. Just felt more 'real', the movement, the play, etc., so it wouldn't surprise me if that's still the case.

As much as FIFA pisses me off, PES is just unplayable; for me at least. The players move like robots.Meh at the end of the day I'm shit at FIFA but unbeatable at PES so I guess that's why I have this attitude.

It took EA over a decade to be able to round the keeper realistically ffs, something I've been doing on PES since 2005 lol. I know FIFA fanboys who I've got onto PES and the one thing they said was that scoring a goal on PES feels like so much more of an achievment than when in FIFA. Last PES I had was in 05 and it was way better than the FIFA of that year. Just felt more 'real', the movement, the play, etc., so it wouldn't surprise me if that's still the case.

Talk so much shit.

I'd flog all you cunts at pes or fifa.

Tika-taka tones cannot be defeated.

Ead.

Last PES I had was in 05 and it was way better than the FIFA of that year. Just felt more 'real', the movement, the play, etc., so it wouldn't surprise me if that's still the case.

Talk so much shit.

I'd flog all you cunts at pes or fifa.

Tika-taka tones cannot be defeated.

Ead.

chillllllllllllllllllllllll

• Like 1

Listen cunts, PES is more of a 'purist' game (doesn't make it better), whereas FIFA focusses on individual movements.

PES you actually have to have played a game of football before to have a chance of being decent, but it struggles to translate the depth of football onto a single controller. Too much shit is going on, and it tends to just collapse on itself.

FIFA doesn't come close in terms of team play, instead giving the person with the best tekkers/pace the advantage. Obviously, those who dig a little deeper will find that you can loosely make a team play a certain style, but it certainly isn't a game winning tactic. Due to less shit happening, FIFA tends to execute gameplay a lot better/smoother.

Personally, I stick with FIFA, as ultimately, I only game to get some down time, and can't be fucked giving that much attention to what I'm doing.

Listen cunts, PES is more of a 'purist' game (doesn't make it better), whereas FIFA focusses on individual movements.

PES you actually have to have played a game of football before to have a chance of being decent, but it struggles to translate the depth of football onto a single controller. Too much shit is going on, and it tends to just collapse on itself.

FIFA doesn't come close in terms of team play, instead giving the person with the best tekkers/pace the advantage. Obviously, those who dig a little deeper will find that you can loosely make a team play a certain style, but it certainly isn't a game winning tactic. Due to less shit happening, FIFA tends to execute gameplay a lot better/smoother.

Personally, I stick with FIFA, as ultimately, I only game to get some down time, and can't be fucked giving that much attention to what I'm doing.

Doesn't stop cunts taking 15 minutes setting up their teams before every game on FIFA nights.

Gran tourismo 5?... I don't mind it, I'm into old school jap cars and they have a fair bit of them in the game

wasted plenty of hours on it this week. Decent game and was only 12 bucks. Would recommend to anyone after a decent cheap game  :up:

Only downside is online support has been dropped.

Anyone using 3-5-2 successfully?

This was an awesome formation when FIFA 13 allowed you to abuse pace. 

Kinda sucks now as defending is a lot harder.

Best formation is 433 attack (CAM, 2x CM and ST) according to some Pro FIFA players on YouTube. 

I like 451 though, L1+X passing on PS4 is fun when you've clogged the midfield with so many players. Tap and go

Anyone using 3-5-2 successfully?

I'm using it well. Just use your cdm's as higher defenders (like they're meant to be) and pass out to the wings. Hold the ball if you need until you have runners going forward. Your wingers will naturally run forward and behind the oppositions defence. 

Note: 352 needs counter attack and pressing to be active for it to be efficient in attack.

This is the only formation i use. I'd rather have quality mids as opposed to filling the back line with shit to make numbers. 

Yep, defiantly a pure counter attacking formation. It's great with bayern. Robben and ribery wings with lewandowski Mueller upfront and gotze CAM. I score a fair few goals but I can get caught out a little against elite players.

Don't commit with your CDM's, jockey and intercept their passes.

If you've pressured enough up forward, the only option is for them to bomb it long -generally falling to your CDM's feet and you're on the counter again. 

Your back three shouldn't ever have to be subbed off due to fitness. Your CDM's are your most worked players, followed by your CAM then wingers.  

Im starting to realise theres some herpies in it too. I don't care how good at defending you are, when Ronaldo or Robben gets the ball (or anyone with 90+ pace) theres a good chance they'll  run the field and have a one v one. Its just so so hard to recover if you're off balance a tiny bit when defending. 

I've decided 4-2-3-1 is the best tactic in the game due to being able to exploit this. 

Massively pissed off the the fact that the next gen versions of fifa 15 has no online game lobby. EA are fucked in the head.

• Like 1

FM Beta should be out in the next day or so  :wub:

FM has it's own thread mate.

Beta is shit anyway, I'll wait till the proper release.

Actually, I've learnt my lesson from the last 10 years, I'll wait until the first major patch. Every fucking year I get excited, and it's unplayable for like a month because of bugs. This year I have 0 excitement and anticipation. Though that might be due to the only features I saw announced being pretty meh.

FM Beta should be out in the next day or so  :wub:

FM has it's own thread mate.

Beta is shit anyway, I'll wait till the proper release.

Actually, I've learnt my lesson from the last 10 years, I'll wait until the first major patch. Every fucking year I get excited, and it's unplayable for like a month because of bugs. This year I have 0 excitement and anticipation. Though that might be due to the only features I saw announced being pretty meh.

Ah, my bad,

I agree, it's normally buggy as hell but I still haven't learnt my lesson and simply can't help but get excited, even though I know that issues with the match engine will probably drive me mental for the next month.

• 2 weeks later...

*spoilers for anyone who hasn't played it*

The most memorable moment in the game for me was Henry and Sam's deaths, I literally sat there with my mouth gaping for a good couple of minutes after the cutscene and just had to turn it off as I was totally oblivious as to what was going to happen and it all happened so fast. The whole game is just so depressing as every time you feel like things are finally going to take a turn for the better, Joel and Ellie endure another setback. 

Also, the whole segment with David was unbelievably good as well. It's rare for a game to make me feel as unsettled as I did when Ellie was around that dude, I just knew instantly something was wrong.

• Like 1

Haha ye he was a creepy Bastard. I actually found that the hardest part in the game. Had to burn all my molotovs and nail bombs to get out of that bloody warehouse.

Interested to see what 'dying light' will be like. Open world zombie gsme. Could be amazing or a pile of dung.

Edited by HeartFc

Been playing a bit of assassins creed black flag too, pirate theme is kick arse.

Loved the game initially but it gets a bit boring after a while, similar to GTA3 where every mission ends up being to go somewhere and kill something. Not a whole lot of thought is needed in assassinations either, just go in and start throwing bombs/shooting and smashing everybody. 

• Like 1

Been playing a bit of assassins creed black flag too, pirate theme is kick arse.

Loved the game initially but it gets a bit boring after a while, similar to GTA3 where every mission ends up being to go somewhere and kill something. Not a whole lot of thought is needed in assassinations either, just go in and start throwing bombs/shooting and smashing everybody.

Ye very true. It's the type of game you play for an hour or 2 every few days coz it gets repetitive as. Love the setting the characters and ship fights though.