Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

wouldn't recommend madden 15, its a bit disappointing

I love it! good for you man! haha i hated it and took it back less than 24 hours after buying it Are you an NFL fan or just bought it casually?

casual nfl fan but i know the sport, the game was just underwhelming for the promise that it had. the graphics and everything were alright but the menus and the actual gameplay is what turned me off.

So i played the single player FUTmas tournament where you win a rare gold pack, I thought this pack would be like all other prizes packs where you could sell cards. But apparently this special card pack prize comes with UNTRADEABLE cards

And guess who I get?? MOTM Sergio Ramos selling for 2 million

FUCK SAKE, SO CLOSE FOR A GOD DAM OP LEGEND CARD FUCK

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly PES could dominate FIFA if they made a better version of ultimate team. The problem with ultimate team is that it's basically "pay to win". They shouldn't sell packs with players in them for real money, just things like kits, stadiums, balls etc. That business model of selling only cosmetic things has been extremely successful for other games (eg CSGO) and shows you don't need to give people an advantage in the game to make money off of in game purchases. They'd also need to stamp out the coin buying/selling, which they've been trying to do from what I've read, but surely it's not fucking hard to just investigate every time some bronze player is sold well over price. If PES created something like ultimate team where it wasn't "pay to win" I think they'd do very well.

Has anyone here played Farcry 4 yet?

Playing it atm and its a bit eh tbh (compared to the last one anyway) Might trade it in and get something else.

Got it on PS4. I personally prefer it to the last one but that's really based on the setting which I find more interesting than Far Cry 3's.

Apart from a few little things they're more or less the same game.

• Like 1

Honestly PES could dominate FIFA if they made a better version of ultimate team. The problem with ultimate team is that it's basically "pay to win". They shouldn't sell packs with players in them for real money, just things like kits, stadiums, balls etc. That business model of selling only cosmetic things has been extremely successful for other games (eg CSGO) and shows you don't need to give people an advantage in the game to make money off of in game purchases. They'd also need to stamp out the coin buying/selling, which they've been trying to do from what I've read, but surely it's not fucking hard to just investigate every time some bronze player is sold well over price. If PES created something like ultimate team where it wasn't "pay to win" I think they'd do very well.

The create a player career mode what ever its called, in pes shits over fifa

The create a player career mode what ever its called, in pes shits over fifaYeah, FIFA don't give a shit about either career mode. Especially the player one; no creativity whatsoever.
  • Like 1

I'm guessing that ea will not improve the career modes dramatically, but rather leave it for the purpose of being dull and boring so it forces their consumers to focus on ultimate team where it's just a gold mine for the company.

Fucking clever cunts

I'd work for free so I can improve it myself!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the base model XB1 + Fifa 15 both brand new. 

JBHIFI are selling that bundle for $520+Delivery.

Gumtree is selling only the base model, without FIFA15 for $400.

I have no use for this as i'm hardly home anymore and i also have a ps4.

Selling the XB1 and Fifa15 for $400.

Edited by Deviant

Anyone on PS3 want to play me in Ultimate Team?

Getting bored as with winning all the time, srs.

PM me.

Is there anyone still playing the PS3 online? Thought it'd be a ghost town by now.Eh pretty much.

Will wait until the next FIFA is out to buy a PS4 or Xbox One, just can't let my team of Neuer, Robben, Inform Muller, Ribery, Lewandowski etc go to waste now.

Someone please play me. :up:

Edited by tomby

I seemed to have missed the Ultimate Team boat altogether. I try and get into it, but I don't really get it.

You start UT and get a couple packs and all the players are quite shit. Chemistry is also shit cos players are from all over. You then get points for playing seasons vs the AI. You can also go online and play people which get your points up. Along the way you can bid on players and items. You have to use contracts on players to keep them in your side? Plus you are meant to have a manager? All the gold players who are 75+ are hard to get because their prices are high and I don't have many coins. But then I;m given the option of putting my credit card details in and I can buy more of these gold packs, which always spurn out mediocre players. Then my chemistry is too shit to player in some leagues. The UT team of the week then always pops up on the menu which from what I can tell contrains the most inform players from around the world. But what I don't get is certain players can be inform which makes them rare and valuable in UT. (So if I have Luongo does he becomes awesome if he makes UT of the week? Do his stats change?) 

Maybe I should just go back to career mode and win Europeans titles with Birmingham City. I miss lounge mode.

Anyone on PS3 want to play me in Ultimate Team?

Getting bored as with winning all the time, srs.

PM me.

Is there anyone still playing the PS3 online? Thought it'd be a ghost town by now.Eh pretty much.

Will wait until the next FIFA is out to buy a PS4 or Xbox One, just can't let my team of Neuer, Robben, Inform Muller, Ribery, Lewandowski etc go to waste now.

Someone please play me. :up:Doesn't Ultimate Team from the older consoles carry over to next gen anyway?

I seemed to have missed the Ultimate Team boat altogether. I try and get into it, but I don't really get it.

You start UT and get a couple packs and all the players are quite shit. Chemistry is also shit cos players are from all over. You then get points for playing seasons vs the AI. You can also go online and play people which get your points up. Along the way you can bid on players and items. You have to use contracts on players to keep them in your side? Plus you are meant to have a manager? All the gold players who are 75+ are hard to get because their prices are high and I don't have many coins. But then I;m given the option of putting my credit card details in and I can buy more of these gold packs, which always spurn out mediocre players. Then my chemistry is too shit to player in some leagues. The UT team of the week then always pops up on the menu which from what I can tell contrains the most inform players from around the world. But what I don't get is certain players can be inform which makes them rare and valuable in UT. (So if I have Luongo does he becomes awesome if he makes UT of the week? Do his stats change?) 

Maybe I should just go back to career mode and win Europeans titles with Birmingham City. I miss lounge mode.

You don't really need to buy anything to make a solid team. 15k in coins, will get you 100 chem team which (if you're a decent player) will beat 80% ppl online. I deadset player better up front with Ramos and Aubameyang then Ronaldo and Benzema. You develop your own style of play and if you're good at it you don't need 85+ players.

The real aim is to win div 1 and tornys, no different to player career mode. (Just add rage quiting and microphone abuse)

• Like 1

You don't really need to buy anything to make a solid team. 15k in coins, will get you 100 chem team which (if you're a decent player) will beat 80% ppl online. I deadset player better up front with Ramos and Aubameyang then Ronaldo and Benzema. You develop your own style of play and if you're good at it you don't need 85+ players.

The real aim is to win div 1 and tornys, no different to player career mode. (Just add rage quiting and microphone abuse)

Play me bruh

2a4o19l.jpg