Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

Turkish League back for FIFA 15 :D Yes, Galatasaray was already in it, but I really want to do a career mode with them so having the full league will be great. Also get to smash Fener!

Ah, sweet as! 

I'm annoyed there's no Brazilian league this time, I know they've always had trouble with licensing issues but to not have it at all is a bit disappointing 

This is Football 2003 remains supreme IMO. Pressing R2 would launch your player Cantona style into any unsuspecting opponent, even a keeper. Combined with the deliberate dive that would work 1/50 times to a claim penalty.

Based on the calculations... I'd have around 3 penalties a game lmao

This is Football 2003 remains supreme IMO. Pressing R2 would launch your player Cantona style into any unsuspecting opponent, even a keeper. Combined with the deliberate dive that would work 1/50 times to a claim penalty.

I use to get the timing wrong heaps on the dive, but had more than a few penalties from the defender going in after I'd taken the dive and tackling me (barely) while I was on the ground, game kept registering it as a foul :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I had high hopes for a lot of inclusions of legends in fifa 15 ultimate team. Actually believed they would get some from the classic XI team and hoped for a boniek card. Bitterly disappointed, only looking forward for Alan shearer and trying out the Bulgarian legend Hristo Stoickkov.

That's if they wont be ridiculously overpriced eg: 1-3 million

I hate the fact that it can be a meaningless game mode and also seeing youtubers and twelvies waste so much money to a point it's pretty sad. But I do like the concept and i just budget myself how much ill invest in it, my only goal is managing to save up for at least 2-3 legends in the long run, get lucky in pack openings to boost my chances and have fun with them in the end.

I once packed Deboher.

Edited by Young Polak

I love it, as I strictly play online it's good to have some kind of reward for your online victories. Have never spent an extra cent on packs/points, and avoid opening packs as they are a complete rip off. 

The only thing I hate about it is how its so easy to construct a pace abuse team where every ball is just lobbed through to the strikers. Im basically forced to play ultra defensive every game to counteract it. Hopefully its fixed up in the new version. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

I love it, as I strictly play online it's good to have some kind of reward for your online victories. Have never spent an extra cent on packs/points, and avoid opening packs as they are a complete rip off. 

The only thing I hate about it is how its so easy to construct a pace abuse team where every ball is just lobbed through to the strikers. Im basically forced to play ultra defensive every game to counteract it. Hopefully its fixed up in the new version.

This was sort of fixed for FIFA 14, certainly not as easy as it was in 13 to exploit pace.

This was sort of fixed for FIFA 14, certainly not as easy as it was in 13 to exploit pace.

Oh sweet, I was still playing 13 up to a few months ago. Was definitely satisfying beating those one trick pony pricks.

FWIW, if you want to spend real money, you buy coins from those chinese sites and it's way cheaper than buying packs/points from EA.

Still not sure how exactly they mine them, I like to imagine there are some cunts in China whose job it is to sit around playing FIFA all day.

Edited by Tesla

FWIW, if you want to spend real money, you buy coins from those chinese sites and it's way cheaper than buying packs/points from EA.

Still not sure how exactly they mine them, I like to imagine there are some cunts in China whose job it is to sit around playing FIFA all day.

I heard that shit is illegal and they just auto ban you if you enter the code to redeem your coins on fifa. It does support the argument whenever i see cunts like Gonth, ksi and that harry kid having multiple accounts and putting in millions of coins in each time they make some video of pack opening.

And also heard the fact that Pele exists is only because EA created a few and put him on for sale at maximum amount of coins, and baited those people who cheat the system to buy Pele, explaining that it is impossible for a consumer to have that many coins within a certain point in time when Pele was up for sale.

->all this is from some video I watched

Edited by Young Polak

I actually prefer Manager Mode over FUT as it has more meaning when playing matches, building young players, transfers, etc. It's a shame that they focus very little on it though. They've only made minimal improvements to the mode for FIFA 15 and haven't looked at what's really missing.

I get bored of FUT after 3-4 games especially when opponents use the same tactics (kick off glitch, running 70 yards down the wing and crossing,lobbing it from defence and getting lucky, etc).

What I hate the most is people spending money on coins to buy very expensive players like Ronaldo, TOTS, etc and still using the kick-off glitch. If you're gonna have the best players, at least use em properly ffs.

• Like 2

I heard that shit is illegal and they just auto ban you if you enter the code to redeem your coins on fifa. It does support the argument whenever i see cunts like Gonth, ksi and that harry kid having multiple accounts and putting in millions of coins in each time they make some video of pack opening.

And also heard the fact that Pele exists is only because EA created a few and put him on for sale at maximum amount of coins, and baited those people who cheat the system to buy Pele, explaining that it is impossible for a consumer to have that many coins within a certain point in time when Pele was up for sale.

->all this is from some video I watched You don't enter a code, you sell then a player (obviously a useless bronze) for the amount of coins you are buying (eg 50,000).

I've done it once in 13 and once in 14,think I only spent like $10 each time, and never got banned etc. Maybe if you buy like 10,000,000 coins.

It's shit either way when people can spend real money for a real advantage in a game. Microtransactions is quickly becoming the predominant business model in the gaming world, but the most successful implementations of this are when the purchaser doesn't get any real game play advantage, for example it's just different cosmetic changes etc. they can buy, like what a few of the popular MMORPGs do (I don't play these games so don't have a great understanding of it but pretty sure I've heard they only sell things like skins etc.)

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Yep, this free-to-play model which encourages (or pretty much requires tbh) microtransactions combined with the ever-increasing prominence of on-disc DLC is killing traditional gaming. 

This is why I am so excited for the new Super Smash Bros games coming out within the next couple of months as the level of fanservice content and unlockables in the games is astronomical and most importantly, it won't require me to shell out extra cash to access the extra content.