Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

2 hours ago, haz said:

Only last season you guys were all saying George was shit and hyped. Now you want him

Until about 3/4 of the way through that season I was honestly of that opinion, by the end I was convinced he was legit though. Still, I stand by my assertion that Ninkovic, Adrian and Bobo were better players.

The only way Fortress would want him is if the rest of us didn't.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

Relistened to the Talking City episode with Scott Munn, great interview, great questions. For someone who can become a bit of a scapegoat, it's amazing to hear his perspective and give us some insight into City from the admin side. Hope you can tee him up again next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IssySG said:

Relistened to the Talking City episode with Scott Munn, great interview, great questions. For someone who can become a bit of a scapegoat, it's amazing to hear his perspective and give us some insight into City from the admin side. Hope you can tee him up again next season.

I'd pay money to hear a podcast with Munn and @playmaker

25 minutes ago, playmaker said:

It wouldn't last long, he would start his PR web of lies and I would call him out as being joke.

The guy is incompetent and a liar.

Come on mate.

Liar? Seriously you need to chill out. I get that you have an opinion on someone. But calling him a liar.

What exactly has he lied about. And please provide quotes.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Come on mate.

Liar? Seriously you need to chill out. I get that you have an opinion on someone. But calling him a liar.

What exactly has he lied about. And please provide quotes.

Public warning to @playmaker - please edit out the accusation that Munn is a liar. IMO that's out of order.

• Like 1

Folks, IMO this "liar" business has gone far enough. Suggest we refrain from using this term about anyone. To call someone in writing a liar is libel. By all means you can have an opinion about someone's competency or otherwise - including mine - but I suggest calling someone a liar is a step too far.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Folks, IMO this "liar" business has gone far enough. Suggest we refrain from using this term about anyone. To call someone in writing a liar is libel. By all means you can have an opinion about someone's competency or otherwise - including mine - but I suggest calling someone a liar is a step too far.

Agree if something is over the line but at the same time we don't want to become too PC jw

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Fwiw i don't really think he's being slanderous etc as if you really went to the letter of the law, pretty much everyone on the planet older than 2 has probably lied at some point and is therefore a liar. However Playmaker is clearly out of line somewhat , and he's rightfully being called out by everyone here for the knobjockey he is,  but i don't think he's 'gone too far' either.
The court of public opinion is his appropriate judge here imo.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Fwiw i don't really think he's being slanderous etc as if you really went to the letter of the law, pretty much everyone on the planet older than 2 has probably lied at some point and is therefore a liar. However Playmaker is clearly out of line somewhat , and he's rightfully being called out by everyone here for the knobjockey he is,  but i don't think he's 'gone too far' either.
The court of public opinion is his appropriate judge here imo.

Which is why I've taken no action.