Jump to content
Melbourne Football
Murfy1

Thomas Sorensen

Recommended Posts

moops    208
4 hours ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

The FFA "C" license takes one week. And as far as I know, the highest level you can coach with it is NPL u/18s.

http://www.ffacoachingresource.com.au/coach-development/advanced-courses-and-pathway/

Yep, the higher levels require you to be in a coaching capacity and to run training drills to accomplish some set tasks and to be graded on afaik.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,132
5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

From the club's Twitter...he's back at the club and still wearing no. 1.

Those photos are from last year when those dudes visited CFA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PORCHO    22

with no official announcement they're either not sure yet or the deals done for him to stay but he wanted an extended holiday. He was still here while everyone else was on holidays... He's actually currently in Spain on holidays, and had been back home for most of last month, but not sure what that means for his future here... I really hope he stays as a coach/mentor. He's got plenty of much needed experience and a great professional. Could teach some of the boys a thing or two or ten...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984
1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Those photos are from last year when those dudes visited CFA

You mean we're reduced to re-tweeting crap from last year? FMD. (And my apologies to all on here.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
japiedog    766
19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You mean we're reduced to re-tweeting crap from last year? FMD. (And my apologies to all on here.)

Slow news days on the forum

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Embee    2,325
49 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You mean we're reduced to re-tweeting crap from last year? FMD. (And my apologies to all on here.)

Haha calm down JW, they tweeted those pictures because Robert Whittaker won a title in the UFC and he'd been down at the club doing some PR work last season, which is when they were taken.

Edited by Embee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984
43 minutes ago, Embee said:

Haha calm down JW, they tweeted those pictures because Robert Whittaker won a title in the UFC and he'd been down at the club doing some PR work last season, which is when they were taken.

TBC I've never heard of either Robert Whittaker or UFC until today. You may well laugh at that, but it's the same when people talk about transfer targets - I have to go and look most of them up with Google. Assuming that the target audience know what you are talking about is one of the fundamental mistakes people make in PR. Been there and done that I can assure you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Embee    2,325
4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

TBC I've never heard of either Robert Whittaker or UFC until today. You may well laugh at that, but it's the same when people talk about transfer targets - I have to go and look most of them up with Google. Assuming that the target audience know what you are talking about is one of the fundamental mistakes people make in PR. Been there and done that I can assure you.

I'm not judging you for not knowing, I don't really care about UFC either, I'm just giving you the context behind the tweets. They're not just randomly retweeting things from last season.

They didn't 'assume' anything either, the accompanying tweet literally says "congratulations to Robert Whittaker on becoming UFC champion" and just so happens to have some photos of him doing a PR appearance with us last season, which was tweeted at the time. Should they have also written "Here's some pics of him last year with Sorensen, mind you, Tommy isn't actually back yet and is no longer a player, just incase you're confused"?

I don't see what there is to be annoyed about here

Edited by Embee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimmy    3,161

Haven't heard of UFC? Where have you been living? It was inescapable when the Rhonda Rousey show was in Melbourne and every radio station and newspaper has dissected the McGregor V Mayweather fight. Plus there's been heaps in the news over the years regarding cage fighting legislation in Australia. Pubs all over the country frequently advertise their own little UFC events with drink and food specials. The bigger fights always make the news.

Not having a crack @jw1739, it's just legitimately amazing that you've somehow managed to dodge it until now. It's very much a mainstream sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984
1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Haven't heard of UFC? Where have you been living? It was inescapable when the Rhonda Rousey show was in Melbourne and every radio station and newspaper has dissected the McGregor V Mayweather fight. Plus there's been heaps in the news over the years regarding cage fighting legislation in Australia. Pubs all over the country frequently advertise their own little UFC events with drink and food specials. The bigger fights always make the news.

Not having a crack @jw1739, it's just legitimately amazing that you've somehow managed to dodge it until now. It's very much a mainstream sport.

I don't class myself as a mainstream sports fan. Really only interested these days in football and cycling. The only time I'd noted mixed martial arts was as MMA, but never heard of UFC, which I gather is some U.S. promotion company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
strider    2,394
1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I don't class myself as a mainstream sports fan. Really only interested these days in football and cycling. The only time I'd noted mixed martial arts was as MMA, but never heard of UFC, which I gather is some U.S. promotion company. 

Cycling? Like you cycle steroids? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moops    208
5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Haven't heard of UFC? Where have you been living? It was inescapable when the Rhonda Rousey show was in Melbourne and every radio station and newspaper has dissected the McGregor V Mayweather fight. Plus there's been heaps in the news over the years regarding cage fighting legislation in Australia. Pubs all over the country frequently advertise their own little UFC events with drink and food specials. The bigger fights always make the news.

Not having a crack @jw1739, it's just legitimately amazing that you've somehow managed to dodge it until now. It's very much a mainstream sport.

I liked the early years, from Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock and Randy Couture, up till when you had guys like Tito Ortiz, Rich Franklin and Nick Diaz. After it became more about the show than the fight I lost interest, the commentators seemed to get more stupid and I swear half of the 'show' came across as bs.

Ballator MMA was started by fighters who were continually pissed off with Dana White, I haven't watched much of it though (maybe 4 fights) and that was years ago, I prefer boxing again now, less bs and Don King (now he is involved with UFC).

My 2 cents on the UFC thing, but even my sister knows what it is and she hates sports in general, but I guess anything is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hedaik    2,630
22 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I don't class myself as a mainstream sports fan. Really only interested these days in football and cycling. The only time I'd noted mixed martial arts was as MMA, but never heard of UFC, which I gather is some U.S. promotion company. 

Weren't you bagging out cyclists on Beach Rd around 6 months ago in the other sub forum? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,132

On his way back, club probably gave him a nice long holiday to end his playing career

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984
On 7/11/2017 at 5:35 PM, hedaik said:

Weren't you bagging out cyclists on Beach Rd around 6 months ago in the other sub forum? 

If I was I don't resile from it because they are a bloody pest on Beach Road, but that's got nothing to do with my interest in professional road racing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hedaik    2,630
2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

If I was I don't resile from it because they are a bloody pest on Beach Road, but that's got nothing to do with my interest in professional road racing.

Just seems odd to me for 2 reasons:

-That you'd follow a sport where the breeding ground for the competitors are places exactly like Beach Rd. 
-That you didn't understand why the cycle path along the bay is no good for a road cyclist (or any cyclist who wants to go faster than grandma speed)

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inferno    40
7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

If I was I don't resile from it because they are a bloody pest on Beach Road, but that's got nothing to do with my interest in professional road racing.

Truck off pfff bike off. They all ride past with their riding suits and gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haz    1,993
38 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Flying back to Melbourne today, expect an announcement shortly

GK Coach 2 year contract

Not inside information, just pulled it out of my arse ^

Edited by haz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DFG_82    111
3 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Retirement officially announced, thanks for everything Great Dane! #ThanksThomas

You would think hes going to be the goalkeeping coach otherwise this would have been announced as soon as the season ended. He's back in Melbourne too. Probably announcement later this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr MO    143
2 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

You would think hes going to be the goalkeeping coach otherwise this would have been announced as soon as the season ended. He's back in Melbourne too. Probably announcement later this week. 

Insiders on this forum have said that this announcement was delayed due to visa issues, he would loose his visa status in Australia upon retiring. This way he could return, work on other stuff, get his qualification and stay in Australia under a different visa.

Edited by Mr MO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingofhearts    3,271

I'll always remember that derby where he won the game for us off his own goal keeping work,  what a legend! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thrillhouse    843

i still have trouble sleeping at night knowing he sat on bench for most of last season while that useless cunt bouzanis started

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haz    1,993
Just now, Thrillhouse said:

i still have trouble sleeping at night knowing he sat on bench for most of last season while that useless cunt bouzanis started

Watch Galekovic put 3 MOTM performances in a row to then be dropped for Boooo-zanis

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984

Not sure that TS will be our GK coach now. Doesn't seem to fit with his planned charity bike ride in February 2018. Still possible of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Embee    2,325
47 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Not sure that TS will be our GK coach now. Doesn't seem to fit with his planned charity bike ride in February 2018. Still possible of course.

On his instagram post he mentions that he's looking to being involved in the club moving forward, perhaps it's something he's going to do once he completes the charity ride?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n i k o    4,818
1 hour ago, Dylan said:

im sure the charity ride wont be full time so could probably do both

I'm trying to make sense of this...help me out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony999    1,329
10 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

i still have trouble sleeping at night knowing he sat on bench for most of last season while that useless cunt bouzanis started

Well at least he called someone a gypsy. Somewhat forgiven for playing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CityWildcat    31

Thanks to a great professional on the park, and hopefully thanks in advance for some great mentoring off the park this season, and longer.......  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×