Melbourne Football

MVFC v MCFC - The Derby! R3

Baka1

yes I am worried

Ramsay's wing is going to be attacked

Kosta Barbar will skin him, over and over.

Hopefully Rambo proves me wrong, but I'm not holding out  much hope

Like any Derby who knows, but we can't have a conversion rate like the last two weeks and win

my 2cents

Edited by japiedog

The tards' attack scares the shit out of me compared to our defence, as much as I hate to say it the likes of Berisha, Barbarouses, Thompson, Ben Khalfallah, Pain and Finkler are all better players than everyone of our defenders bar Paddy K, but he can't do everything.

If Milligan is playing too, I personally think we're in deep shit unless Villa, Duff and Mooy can do something spectacular.

Pain is the biggest shit cunt. I swear he only gets paid cos, like that other midget the other year that got set on fire by the st kilda players, hes there for entertainment purposes only. He's got a face that looks like it's been bludgeoned with a steel bat yes, but he's also fast as fuck and has actually learned how to dribble and pass over the off-season and he'll tear Hoffman a new one if he features.

Ben Khalfallah is quality though

I hate this guy. When ever i see his name i think of Wiz Khalifa. and i fucking hate Wiz Khalifa

Hahaha i love this post! I think of Wiz Khalifa too, and wouldn't piss on that c*nt if he was on fire

So let me see. We will have Duff crossing to noone, because noone will be making the runs. Villa being ineffective because the players dont want that (only pass to villa) tag, we will have Murdocca carrying the ball right up to the D and then pass it sideways or backwards, Willo will be trying his best to shoot the ball over the roof of the stadium and we have a shadow of their former selves in Paartalu? 

Anything less than a 3-0 defeat will be a good result.

I don't hold out much hope here for this game, as we really need some creativity. That's Koren's role and it just seems like last year all over again with Kewell and Engelaar out for so long. Losing Villa in a couple of weeks is a huge deflator too.

We really need to get Mooy and Partaalu working better together, with added creativity/flair in their play, as that will at least go a long way to giving us added attacking intent.

I don't hold out much hope here for this game, as we really need some creativity. That's Koren's role and it just seems like last year all over again with Kewell and Engelaar out for so long. Losing Villa in a couple of weeks is a huge deflator too.

We really need to get Mooy and Partaalu working better together, with added creativity/flair in their play, as that will at least go a long way to giving us added attacking intent.

Its not done yet, the first half against Sydney was high quality, but the new players must now really step up quicker. Chasing points at the back end of the year is always harder.

Koren missing has not been issue this season.  Our midfield has controlled both games we have played except for may be 15 minutes.  A quality defense could hold it together for that long.  We don't have quality defense.

Im feeling good lads, derbys bring out the best in us. Villa will run rings around del pierre, williams is capable. Paartalu is getting better with each game. Mooy and duff will continue to deliver and we are going to run riot at the CFG's own stadium.... Be loud and proud and villa will want to come back for the next derby

Edited by melbournelad55

Victory has been placed as favourite this season ... I have never seen a team win silverware with a coach who is on his 'P plates'

Let's me honest Muscute in my opinion is the worst coach in the A-League and that's being nice...

This Darby is about us getting our first win and nothing else.. If we loss (which can happen) it will be our worst start to the season since our first year. If we don't get the win JVS and the team will be under immense pressure, with our attendances shore to drop along with momentum and in enthusiasm ...

Not sure if we will win but with a sell out crowed, Villa, and Duff will show there worth... Wilo always has a good game against Victory and Mooy has been impressive so far..

I think will get our first win, there is to much at stake... Our owners will be in the stands watching ...

Victory has been placed as favourite this season ... I have never seen a team win silverware with a coach who is on his 'P plates'

Let's me honest Muscute in my opinion is the worst coach in the A-League and that's being nice...

This Darby is about us getting our first win and nothing else.. If we loss (which can happen) it will be our worst start to the season since our first year. If we don't get the win JVS and the team will be under immense pressure, with our attendances shore to drop along with momentum and in enthusiasm ...

Not sure if we will win but with a sell out crowed, Villa, and Duff will show there worth... Wilo always has a good game against Victory and Mooy has been impressive so far..

I think will get our first win, there is to much at stake... Our owners will be in the stands watching ...

Is this official or a figure of speech re pressure on JVS??

At least the fast pace of derby might see us get the ball from defence to attack in under five minutes... thats if Murdoca doesn't get in the way.

Fingers crossed Mauk starts in his place. Doubt it this week, but hopefully in the coming weeks he pushes him out

Melbourne Victory v Melbourne City FC

Etihad Stadium, Melbourne

Kick-Off: 7:30 PM (Local) (7:30 PM AEDT)

Referee: Strebre Delovski

Melbourne City FC Line-Up:  1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 3.Robbie WIELAERT, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.David VILLA, 11.Damien DUFF, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO ©, 25.Jacob MELLING, 26.Marc MARINO, 27.Ross ARCHIBALD

**Two to be omitted**

Ins: 25.Jacob MELLING (promoted), 26.Marc MARINO (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 10.Robert KOREN (calf – 4-6 weeks), 13.Jonatan Germano (1-4 weeks)

13.Jonatan Germano (1-4 weeks)

Will this guy ever run out on a ground for a competitive a-league match again? And why does his time out keep changing? First it's 2 weeks then 4 weeks then 4-6 then 2-4 now its 1-4. He's supposedly training according to people on here, so what's wrong with him?

'1-4' is a joke. If City's medicos are really that vague about his return date, they shouldn't be employed.

Obviously it's more like '4', because if he was any chance to be back next week, they'd say '1-2' and if that didn't pan out, they'd just say he had a 'setback'.

Will this guy ever run out on a ground for a competitive a-league match again? And why does his time out keep changing? First it's 2 weeks then 4 weeks then 4-6 then 2-4 now its 1-4. He's supposedly training according to people on here, so what's wrong with him?

The fuckers gots to go

Will this guy ever run out on a ground for a competitive a-league match again? And why does his time out keep changing? First it's 2 weeks then 4 weeks then 4-6 then 2-4 now its 1-4. He's supposedly training according to people on here, so what's wrong with him?

Lol, it doesn't even write what his injury is.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 5-1-3-1 with 3 CB's to cover our terrible full back's. Start with a loaded defence and still have plenty of attacking options and creativity. We know they are going to target are FB's and having that extra man at CB should be enough to keep them from scoring. Also can give the flexibility of bringing on more creative players at the end when the treat of being scored against is less. It won't happen but it would be a nice tactical switch that they would not be expecting.

---------------------------Redmayne-------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Hoffman--Archibald--Weilart--Kisnorbo--Ramsay-

---------------------------Paartalu--------------------------
-----------Williams-------------------------Duff------------
----------------------------Mooy-----------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------Villa-----------------------------

Edited by agoalie

I wouldn't mind seeing a 5-1-3-1 with 3 CB's to cover our terrible full back's. Start with a loaded defence and still have plenty of attacking options and creativity. We know they are going to target are FB's and having that extra man at CB should be enough to keep them from scoring. Also can give the flexibility of bringing on more creative players at the end when the treat of being scored against is less. It won't happen but it would be a nice tactical switch that they would not be expecting.

---------------------------Redmayne-----------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

-Ramsay--Archibald--Weilart--Kisnorbo--Hoffman--

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm presuming you have trouble differentiating your right from your left?

• Like 5

---------------------------Redmayne-------------------------

-Hoffman--Archibald--Weilart--Kisnorbo--Ramsay-

I'm presuming you have trouble differentiating your right from your left?

That i do, but you get the idea

the vague Germano info makes me think it's just a getting back to full fitness thing or a general soreness issue that's being managed. he's training so it's obviously not too bad.

not a bad injury list otherwise. but garruccio?

General soreness, I love it. In all seriousness, general soreness is a terrible affliction which strikes, statistically speaking, around one a-league player per season.

Will this guy ever run out on a ground for a competitive a-league match again? And why does his time out keep changing? First it's 2 weeks then 4 weeks then 4-6 then 2-4 now its 1-4. He's supposedly training according to people on here, so what's wrong with him?

I thinks its time to just put Germano down.

The blokes never going to get back to health, needs to be put down like ol' yellow