Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby XII - 7:45pm 1st March AAMI Park

GreenSeater

--Tip for anyone looking to purchase extra tickets--

Online tickets in the cheapest areas (not B reserved or A reserved) are all currently sold out, meaning any teen/ concession looking to buy a ticket will have to fork out at least $34 + $5.30 transaction fee.

I rang the club this evening and enquired about the 4 game flexi membership.
For $40 dollars concessions still get a C reserve ticket at the derby and the choice of three other home games for the season.

Also note: Because there isn't enough time to have a membership card made and sent out, the club will email you a printed ticket for this weekend.

• Like 1

Last Melbourne derby where Heart are underdogs after Man City takeover

David Davutovic

February 27 2014

MELBOURNE Heart’s stunning resurgence ensures Saturday’s Melbourne derby is the highest stakes clash of their 12 meetings but it will also be the last one as we know it.

Heart players will wave goodbye to the wheelie bins and an underdog mindset, and emerge from a four-year shadow of neighbours and A-League heavyweights Melbourne Victory.

The attitude as much as the resources that come with the $11.25m purchase from Manchester City’s owners ‘The City Group’ will ensure Heart rids itself of the inferiority complex by the time 2014-15 kicks off.

In that sense a name and possibly colour change may not hurt, as Heart’s new owners canvass opinions from the current and potential future supporter base.

The Melbourne City name and sky blue colours would turbocharge the synergy with its Manchester and New York City cousins, thus opening up many more commercial doors.

A pre-season camp at the soon to be unveiled $200m state of the art training complex in Manchester won’t hurt either.

Dutchman John van’t Schip is a shoo-in to be installed as permanent coach if such progress continues and though he was Heart’s inaugural coach, if he’s handed a bigger football kitty there’s no reason why he can’t launch title assaults in future.

The club looks set to return to its original headquarters at Latrobe University next season where the pitch is being resurfaced.

The new owners are studying the feasibility of relaunching the multimillion-dollar development plans in Bundoora, although other venues are being canvassed before academy plans are launched.

“Everything starts and finishes with the team, we want to play good football and to do that we need very good coaching and good facilities and on that we will not save a penny,’’ City chief executive Soriano told the Herald Sun last month.

“(We will spend) as much as is needed but the ones appropriate to the size of the team and the league, so don’t expect us to come and throw money that is not needed.

“The resources that will come here, money and people, will be to build that. Luxury investments are not what we are about.’’

While some at Victory HQ will be nervous now that they will now genuinely pull their weight (Saturday will be a majority Victory crowd despite it being Heart’s home game), an almost non-existent working relationship is bound to improve which is in both clubs’ interests.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/last-melbourne-derby-where-heart-are-underdogs-after-man-city-takeover/story-fnk6rlg0-1226839978626

Edited by Murfy1

"The attitude as much as the resources that come with the $11.25m purchase from Manchester City’s owners ‘The City Group’ will ensure Heart rids itself of the inferiority complex by the time 2014-15 kicks off.

In that sense a name and possibly colour change may not hurt, as Heart’s new owners canvass opinions from the current and potential future supporter base.

The Melbourne City name and sky blue colours would turbocharge the synergy with its Manchester and New York City cousins, thus opening up many more commercial doors."

I usually enjoy reading Davutovic's pieces but what is this tripe? 

Big up-yours to us Heart faithful really, unless I'm reading into it the wrong way.

• Like 1

"The attitude as much as the resources that come with the $11.25m purchase from Manchester City’s owners ‘The City Group’ will ensure Heart rids itself of the inferiority complex by the time 2014-15 kicks off.

The Melbourne City name and sky blue colours would turbocharge the synergy with its Manchester and New York City cousins, thus opening up many more commercial doors."

Big up-yours to us Heart faithful really, unless I'm reading into it the wrong way.

no thanks jeff

A-League R21 preview: crunch Melbourne derby, will Glory and Jets’ finals hopes fade?

Huw Bonello 

February 27, 2014

MELBOURNE HEART V MELBOURNE VICTORY, SAT 7.30PM (EDT), FS1HD

Is this the biggest Melbourne derby ever? Both teams will be full of confidence heading into the AAMI Park clash. Victory defeated Adelaide last week, and despite losing to Guangzhou in the ACL on Wednesday, showed enough to suggest they could be a force in Asia.

Heart is on absolute fire, winning four games in a row, and going undefeated in five to drag themselves off the canvas as give themselves a chance of making the finals. Add to that, they welcome back influential skipper Harry Kewell from injury. Win or draw and the Heart set a record for their longest undefeated run. An amazing feat considering they already set a record this season for their longest winless streak earlier in the year. Heart hasn’t been able to beat Victory in their last four clashes, but form is on John van ‘t Schip’s side.

Keep an eye out for Heart big man, Orlando Engelaar, who has now scored in consecutive weeks. The Heart is undefeated (4W, 1D) in matches that Engelaar has played, while it has outscored their opponents 9-2 when he has been on the park. It all adds up to what should be another memorable derby.

Mark Rudan says: Engelaar has been a massive reason why Heart has turned the ship. He’s lifted the entire confidence of the squad. Victory will take a lot of confidence out of their trip to China. No one gave them a chance but they took on the best of Asia for the first half. If they can build on that then they can get the job done. Victory has had a day less to prepare, so I’m going to go for the Heart to win, but I can’t wait for this one.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/aleague-r21-preview-crunch-melbourne-derby-will-glory-and-jets-finals-hopes-fade/story-fnk6pqhd-1226840004792

Rudan seems to be correct about Engelaar. Massimo Murdocca said after the win against Brisbane: "Yeah, [Engelaar's] taken a lot of pressure off me, to be honest. Just his quality, holding the ball up, and making everyone feel confident around him. I think that's his most important asset. He's lifting everyone at the moment." Incidentally, Mass also said that if we get both Engelaar and Kewell in the team "we'll be probably one of the strongest teams in the league". Mass is a real plainspeaking guy, so it's quite something for him to say that. And I reckon he's right, and I think we'll see it this Saturday.

Edited by Murfy1

In the video of the team training you can see Kewell is running freely. :D

The last 30 minutes of the game is when we`ll run over the top of them.It`s like night and day on the pitch now with JVS pulling the strings.

At the last Derby there was victory shirts here and there at the South end.A quiet word before they sit down usualy does the trick and they leave. ;)

Hahahaha, Davo just trying to stir things up to see how many people/supporters 'bite' on this comment and what reaction he gets. As for the 'inferiority complex', I don't have one Davo :redcard:   Tard supporters have a 'complex' that's why they spend a lot of time bagging us even though they reckon they're superior - go figure

Ladies, Gents, Hardcore supporters, Heart Ultra's & The Imperial Heart Firm, I need some help. How does it work on the derby in regards to the membership seating?

Obliviously i am a hated fat basterd day tripper pommie fan, as no doubt some of you have guessed, so i am unsure whether i need to stand / sit based in the spot based on my active supporter membership card? Or can i stand / sit anywhere i like?

I presume its going to be like normal in the supporters area i.e. no seating, hardcore chanting, VB beer thrown about and the fans knowing that we can do what the fuck we want?..... Unlike Man Utd at old trafford where you always get a day tripper who takes photo's at the stadium more than watching the game, plus has a bag from the UTD megastore.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   :P

Let me know  :wacko:    :ph34r:

• Like 2

Fuck me it is difficult to get a ticket at times. I have a membership but I have held off reserving tickets because a mate was deciding wether to go. Now he has bailed and I have waited this long to book a ticket which means all the Yarra end is booked out on ticketek.  So now I have to book a premium reserve seat for an extra $15 plus $5.30 pick up fee. Why the fuck do I need to pick up anything, why can't I just use my membership card to get into the game? 

Fuck me it is difficult to get a ticket at times. I have a membership but I have held off reserving tickets because a mate was deciding wether to go. Now he has bailed and I have waited this long to book a ticket which means all the Yarra end is booked out on ticketek.  So now I have to book a premium reserve seat for an extra $15 plus $5.30 pick up fee. Why the fuck do I need to pick up anything, why can't I just use my membership card to get into the game? 

They will release more heart end tickets tomorrow if you're willing to wait it out and spend a bit of time refreshing ticketek.

They will release more heart end tickets tomorrow if you're willing to wait it out and spend a bit of time refreshing ticketek.

I might do that, cheers. Still do not get why I need to get a second physical ticket when I have my membership card in my hand now. 

I might do that, cheers. Still do not get why I need to get a second physical ticket when I have my membership card in my hand now. 

I agree! Hopefully the idiot that decided to take this approach won't be around when the club is taken over. So many f* ups by the club with the current board is laughable.

:droy:

Just had a look at ticketec, all the seats that were "B reserve" yesterday and now GA . 

That is rather annoying as id swap my seats in a second if i could now..... 

I Guess thats what happens when you get greedy and dont allocate enough GA to start with !

Ladies, Gents, Hardcore supporters, Heart Ultra's & The Imperial Heart Firm, I need some help. How does it work on the derby in regards to the membership seating?

Obliviously i am a hated fat basterd day tripper pommie fan, as no doubt some of you have guessed, so i am unsure whether i need to stand / sit based in the spot based on my active supporter membership card? Or can i stand / sit anywhere i like?

I presume its going to be like normal in the supporters area i.e. no seating, hardcore chanting, VB beer thrown about and the fans knowing that we can do what the fuck we want?..... Unlike Man Utd at old trafford where you always get a day tripper who takes photo's at the stadium more than watching the game, plus has a bag from the UTD megastore.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   :P

Let me know  :wacko:    :ph34r:

Midstrength's never hurt anyone.