best match up to play vs them.

Redmayne

Walker---------Wielaert---------------Kisnorbo---------------Aziz

Gerhardt

Migliorini------------------------Murdocca

Kewell-----------Mauk

Mifsud

Even though Walker isnt in the squad ffs

Just think we need more width down the left especially. Geria makes Hoffman look like a decent RB and can easily be exploited.

This would be the best formation if we were allowed to have 12 players on the pitch.

Ahaha fuck. Apologies. It should be Kewell or Kalmar. Even though I'd love both to be on the pitch, it doesn't seem likely. Maybe if Kalmar could play as a deeper midfielder. An out and out CM instead of a number ten. Then Kewell could fit too.

play a 4-3-2-1 pls

Redmayne

Gerhardt

Kewell-----------Mauk

Mifsud

Just think we need more width down the left especially. Geria makes Hoffman look like a decent RB and can easily be exploited.

i agree - i like playing with wingers as well.

but, how much confidence have our wide players given you that they could break down a defence? 

none of them warrant a starting sport - so why play them?

play a 4-3-2-1 pls

Redmayne

Gerhardt

Kewell-----------Mauk

Mifsud

but, how much confidence have our wide players given you that they could break down a defence? 

It's pretty much the only remaining thing that Aloisi does that JVS also did, play in a formation that uses 2 wide players. We might not keep possession, pass through midfield, promote youth or play in an attacking style, but Aloisi rather dogmatically persists with 2 wide players (who become much less effective when you stop doing all the other things that Aloisi stopped doing).

I agree, it probably would be worth trying a formation without wingers/wide players. Or I think we could have tried playing with 3 defenders at the back. And I also think we could/should have played more young players. There have been so many options worth trying that Aloisi has overlooked (another option: David Davutovic recommended in an article that we stop playing Williams as a 10 and pretty much play a 442 with Williams being played a forward).

For better or for worse, I expect Aloisi to persist playing 2 wide players as long as he is head coach at Heart.

• Like 1

Superstar Harry Kewell can give winless Melbourne their Heart

David Davutovic   Herald Sun   December 20, 2013

LEFT-BACK Aziz Behich has revealed that Harry Kewell's ability on the ball will give him and his Melbourne Heart teammates the confidence to take risks in tomorrow's derby at AAMI Park.

Kewell is set to start his first game since the Round 1 derby having come off the bench in the last two weeks after missing seven games with whiplash and an ankle injury.

Heart is desperate for a win with pressure mounting on coach John Aloisi whose team is winless and bottom of the table with the board expecting the team to play ``deep into the finals''.

But Behich, an attacking left-back who barely got forward in the opening round derby draw at Etihad Stadium and has had an under-par season, said he can be more adventurous when the ball is at his captain's feet.

"When he's got the ball he's capable of producing anything, hopefully on the weekend he can show a lot of that,'' Behich said.

``If he's looking one way without you even realising he knows where you are and can spot you out.

``He gets into good positions, little pockets and the balls he plays forward are very dangerous for the opposition to defend.

``Just with his experience and leadership on the park, when he's got the ball he's confident and obviously we know what he can do.

``I try to pick my times when to get forward, I try to feel the right moments to go forward. As the weeks have gone on, it's been easier with the flow of the game and keeping the ball allows me to get more forward.''

Behich, a former Victory player who joined Heart in season one, said the players are up for tomorrow's game.

He said the return of Kewell and striker Dylan Macallister has added an edge to training.

``The players are pretty confident because we do always perform well in the derby, it's a game

our team has always been up for and it won't be any different,'' he said.

``We analysed the Sydney game and what we could do better, it's a different game plan playing Victory and hopefully we can turn it around.

``It is very important (to get some wins on the board over the festive period), we're 10 games in now and it's something we've looked at and what better way to start than derby.

``There's positive signs with Harry back and Dylan back training, bit more competitive at training now for spots.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/superstar-harry-kewell-can-give-winless-melbourne-their-heart/story-fnk6rlg0-1226786930922

Edited by Murfy1

play a 4-3-2-1 pls

Redmayne

Gerhardt

Kewell-----------Mauk

Mifsud

It's pretty much the only remaining thing that Aloisi does that JVS also did, play in a formation that uses 2 wide players. We might not keep possession, pass through midfield, promote youth or play in an attacking style, but Aloisi rather dogmatically persists with 2 wide players (who become much less effective when you stop doing all the other things that Aloisi stopped doing).

I agree, it probably would be worth trying a formation without wingers/wide players. Or I think we could have tried playing with 3 defenders at the back. And I also think we could/should have played more young players. There have been so many options worth trying that Aloisi has overlooked (another option: David Davutovic recommended in an article that we stop playing Williams as a 10 and pretty much play a 442 with Williams being played a forward).

For better or for worse, I expect Aloisi to persist playing 2 wide players as long as he is head coach at Heart.

if we played a 4-4-2 it would end up a 4-2-4 because our wide players are naturally wingers, not wide midfielders - theres a big difference.

I agree with what you've said, and Aloisi will be using wingers while he remains our manager. but why? They never score or make a chance for someone else, spur easy chances, cough up the ball easily, dont pressure enough when defending, are inconsistent etc...

IMO Aziz is more likely to score/assist than Ramsey, and thats saying something. 

• Like 2

If you read between the lines, basically even the players know they're fucked unless Harry's out there.

That's just depressing.

not just the players, JA attests  that Harry is the Savior to our "different" style of play, he as much said this when I spoke with him at Sydney airport last week

I just realised, all Heart Premium C (Reserve) all gone! My dad has a GA membership and hasn't even paid the $4 to guarantee himself a seat. What now??

But how the hell can it be exhausted if it's GA for GA members? It doesn't make sense.

because all the unreserved seats will be sold to Visitors

That is silly. So my dad (as well as many others) will miss the derby unless they upgrade to premium A or B despite have a membership.

Williams is an interesting player. I've always thought that he could do more damage as an out-and-out striker. Pace, stamina and a powerful shot (albeit an inaccurate one most of the time) make him an ideal forward. Plus he isn't all that small either.

Also, I would love to see a 3-5-2. Behich and Walker are both natural wing-backs. Play Wielart, Vranks and Kisnorbo at the back and utilise the pace of Behich and Walker to give us width. Then play Kewell and Kalmar as the two midfielders and play Murdocca or Gerhardt as the DM. Mifsud and Williams as the two forwards.

That way, we would still have enough width to stretch defences and open up the middle for Kewell and Kalmar. Plus, scoring is tough for us with just one striker (in poor form too). I have a feeling that with two strikers, we could wreak more havoc, hold possession in the forward third and hopefully put more into the back of the net.

People shouldn't have to miss out on seats that are held for members who might not go.

That's a great point and the reason why they wanted the GA members to reserve a seat. But I think most of them aren't happy because of the lack of communication with those who don't use the internet/social media as they wouldn't know too much about.

I just realised, all Heart Premium C (Reserve) all gone! My dad has a GA membership and hasn't even paid the $4 to guaranteehimself a seat. What now??

But how the hell can it be exhausted if it's GA for GA members? It doesn't make sense.

That is silly. So my dad (as well as many others) will miss the derby unless they upgrade to premium A or B despite have a membership. The concept is quite simple really, in order to maximise attendance the club require all members that DON'T have reserved seats to reserve them for this match as it is likely to be a sell out. The $4 fee or whatever it is is a fee from Ticketek who are the carrier and charge all of their clients that in order to make money. You'll see that with any ticket you buy online.

Any seats that are then not taken up by members are then offered to the public who will buy them.

If its not a sell out in the GA on match day, GA members will be able to get access as a walk up.

The club make no money from the $4 charge, but make money if someone doesn't attend and they can sell the ticket to someone else.

Fair game really.

Watched victory train before, look very sharp although that means nothing when out on the park. However realistically I wouldn't say its 50/50 chance of winning, more a 30/70 chance. On a side note I saw engelaar and germano walking spring aami park, engelaar is a farken huge.

Quick, get on to Aloisi and let him know what you saw. He might then be able to adjust his tactics on game day :up:

I just realised, all Heart Premium C (Reserve) all gone! My dad has a GA membership and hasn't even paid the $4 to guaranteehimself a seat. What now??

That is silly. So my dad (as well as many others) will miss the derby unless they upgrade to premium A or B despite have a membership. The concept is quite simple really, in order to maximise attendance the club require all members that DON'T have reserved seats to reserve them for this match as it is likely to be a sell out. The $4 fee or whatever it is is a fee from Ticketek who are the carrier and charge all of their clients that in order to make money. You'll see that with any ticket you buy online.

Any seats that are then not taken up by members are then offered to the public who will buy them.

If its not a sell out in the GA on match day, GA members will be able to get access as a walk up.

The club make no money from the $4 charge, but make money if someone doesn't attend and they can sell the ticket to someone else.

Fair game really.

You have missed the point. My pensioner dad has not heard of twitter, Facebook and emails let alone that at least one of them to receive communications from the club. I'm sure there are many others in that boat.

GA is GA. If you dont want to pay for a reserved seat, you just need to get an active area membership which doesnt cost any more then your standard GA membership.

In any other sport if a game looks close to being sold out, GA members have to reserve a seat.

Heart supporters arent any different. Will be better to actually see a full stadium then patches like we normally do cause of GA members not rocking up.