Melbourne Football

Christmas derby 21st December 7:45ko

RedAndWhiteSoldier

I just realised, all Heart Premium C (Reserve) all gone! My dad has a GA membership and hasn't even paid the $4 to guaranteehimself a seat. What now??

But how the hell can it be exhausted if it's GA for GA members? It doesn't make sense.

because all the unreserved seats will be sold to Visitors That is silly. So my dad (as well as many others) will miss the derby unless they upgrade to premium A or B despite have a membership.The concept is quite simple really, in order to maximise attendance the club require all members that DON'T have reserved seats to reserve them for this match as it is likely to be a sell out. The $4 fee or whatever it is is a fee from Ticketek who are the carrier and charge all of their clients that in order to make money. You'll see that with any ticket you buy online.

Any seats that are then not taken up by members are then offered to the public who will buy them.

If its not a sell out in the GA on match day, GA members will be able to get access as a walk up.

The club make no money from the $4 charge, but make money if someone doesn't attend and they can sell the ticket to someone else.

Fair game really.

You have missed the point. My pensioner dad has not heard of twitter, Facebook and emails let alone that at least one of them to receive communications from the club. I'm sure there are many others in that boat.

Pigeons?

Smoke signals?

• Like 1

A letter in the post is probably an expensive way of getting out a message the 95% of the member base will recieve either online or have worked out when the read the membership brochure at the start of the season IMO.

Perfect world yes, but I'm sure the club would rather spend the cash else where.

Like a new set of wheelie bins or something!!! :)

Heart boost as Kewell starts

20 December 2013

Ben McKay

AAP

Harry Kewell will return to Melbourne Heart's starting lineup on Saturday for a Melbourne A-League derby dominated by the opposing managers.

In the blue corner for the first time is Kevin Muscat, eager to establish a commanding derby record no Victory manager has mustered.

And in the red corner is John Aloisi, dancing a little too closely along the coaching precipice with no wins in 15.

Aloisi can finally call on captain Kewell to take the toss - his first start since the last derby which finished 0-0 - but in doing so erases another excuse not to snap his winless streak.

Despite the grim record that has Heart bottom of the league, the Heart don't feel like a club about to sack the coach.

Their group has never had the broken morale and bust-ups that cost Alastair Edwards his job at Perth Glory.

Such is the feeling to get things right at Heart that Aloisi revealed Kewell apologised to him after his fluffed penalty against Sydney FC last week.

"A player doesn't want to miss goals for the team. But things happen like that in football," Aloisi said, eyeing the possibilities that came with the derby.

"Derbies, doesn't matter what form you're in.

"Go back to our first year in the league when we lost 4-0 to Brisbane and then we played the first ever derby and we ended up winning."

Aloisi scored on that day for the Heart playing against Muscat, who has his own returning Socceroo to call upon on Saturday night.

Archie Thompson is fit after missing two weeks with a hamstring injury and will most likely replace Connor Pain.

"He's worried every defence he's played against," Muscat said.

Muscat denied preparing his team differently for the occasion but said his team were "super motivated" for the encounter.

"We'll be up for this game just as we have been every other one and every other game going forward as well."

He batted away chances to engage with Aloisi.

"Yeah, not interested to be honest. John's got his team to worry about and I've got a group that's super motivated," he said.

"We've analysed them and the way they play and tactically prepared accordingly."

The remaining selection question is who Aloisi brings to the bench to accommodate Kewell, with Iain Ramsay a likely contender.

The match at AAMI Park, which is likely to sell out with less than 2000 tickets remaining on Friday, has brought one disappointment for Aloisi: the fact he can't be out there.

"I don't miss playing football that much because my knees gave way on me but these are the games that I do miss," he said.

"I love playing in these big games and I know my players do too."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/heart-boost-as-kewell-starts-20131220-2zp0f.html

Edited by Murfy1

What do you propose the club do instead??

Details about the derbies along with the need for GA season ticket holders to reserve seats should be Included in the information and membership pack, and a reply paid envelope for those who still prefer to do it by snail mail. The rest of us are happy with 21C methods of communication

I've give Johnny this

he still does seem upbeat and having a laugh

Well that's all that matters isn't it , the game isn't about winning or losing its all about having fun

that new age junior sports philosophy finally filtering through to the professional level

• Like 1

This game will be very interesting to watch tactically. Last week chasing the game JA played a back three and loaded up front with a marked change in style with the ball on the deck. Not enough to secure the points, but we played some far more attractive football.

Will be fascinating to see if JA rolls the dice and has the balls to attack from the start. I honestly think this is his last chance - certainly for the season results (too far gone already in all likelihood), and also for his coaching future. If we put out the type of crap like the first half last week, our season is done and dusted and our reputation, whilst already in tatters, will be fully shredded. I say to you JA - when you're lying in the gutter, you've got to look at the stars. Have a crack son and take them on!!

This is a funny game too. I've been copping shit at work all week about how we're going to get flogged and, on form, there's a high likelihood. But I'm telling people we win with a resounding result either way. A win will help get us back on track (??? long term unlikely) and shut a few people up at work, and a loss will provide greater clarity to the Board for action. I never ever want Heart to lose any game, but I take solace there will be a silver lining to a drubbing. Surely that will have to be the last straw?!?! I honestly fear a scoreless draw - my nightmare result as the pain will continue.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting who exactly is in the starting 11. This was the starting 11 in the round 1 derby:

Mebrahtu

Williams Kewell  Dugandzic 

Murdocca   Migliorini

Behich   Wielaert  Kisnorbo Hoffman

Redmayne

There's a fairly high chance that the starting 11 will be unchanged, except for Mifsud playing instead of Golgol. It would be pretty remarkable, given our season, but it's quite possible and it would underline how conservative Aloisi has been with the team. 

I think Kalmar's a good chance to start over Migliorini, but even if he does that's still only 2 changes. And given that the formation will almost certainly be identical to our formation in round 1, an incredible amount about the Heart team will be unchanged.
Edited by Murfy1

This game will be very interesting to watch tactically. Last week chasing the game JA played a back three and loaded up front with a marked change in style with the ball on the deck. Not enough to secure the points, but we played some far more attractive football.

Will be fascinating to see if JA rolls the dice and has the balls to attack from the start. I honestly think this is his last chance - certainly for the season results (too far gone already in all likelihood), and also for his coaching future. 

I agree it'll be fascinating and we'll learn a lot about Aloisi.

I still have no idea whether we'll attack or not. There are lots of good arguments that we should attack from the start: it's worked before (most maybe all of our derby wins have had an attacking style), we have quick and fit players that can press and attack, JVS is in town and can give Aloisi the confidence to attack (IIRC, JVS helped inspire our high pressing derby win last season), it's a home game at AAMI, Aloisi needs results, the team needs to start winning and what have we to lose?

But at the same time, I can imagine Aloisi being more defensive than attacking, like in the last derby. And I can easily imagine Aloisi's 'survival instincts' taking over, and making the team very defensive.

There have been a few hints this week, including some remarks from Murdocca, that we'll press a fair bit and attack. But I remember against CCM Aloisi said we'd attack, and we defended stubbornly at home and nearly bored everyone to death.

I expect and demand us to attack Victory, and to play with spirit. I just think attacking Victory makes a lot more sense than being largely defensive. Also after the last pretty boring derby at Etihad I rationalised and thought we'd attack in the remaining 2 derbies this season, as they're at home and at AAMI.

If Aloisi does park the bus tomorrow, Heart supporters can rightly celebrate when Aloisi's gone IMO. He'll leave an unimpressive and ugly record of stubbornly defensive football if he doesn't really play to win tomorrow.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 2

What do you propose the club do instead??

Details about the derbies along with the need for GA season ticket holders to reserve seats should be Included in the information and membership pack, and a reply paid envelope for those who still prefer to do it by snail mail. The rest of us are happy with 21C methods of communication

There was definitely something before the season explaining the derby situation with GA tix but I'm not sure if that was in the brochure or the membership pack.

If not, Something should have definitely been in the GA packs. That's the only thing I could fault the club for! Think they've done it well. Hopefully even less victory shirts in the southern end this time.

Sadly though I have read that MV fans who missed northern end tix are buying our tix to get in the gate and then go up their end.

The situation with GA having to reserve seats was clearly stated in the membership brochure. Regardless I still object to having to pay $3.00 per seat plus another fee to either print out (cheaper) or have sent out (more expensive) a ticket for a seat I have already paid for in my membership.

With a family membership it cost me and extra $20.35 to spend half an hour reserving seats. An expensive RSVP.

I understand the club wanting to make derbies all ticket, but firstly why doesn't everyone have to secure their ticket? And secondly, why do we need to pay to do it?

Like I said earlier, those fees are all Ticketek fees. They take those fees in return for selling the tickets for the events. The clubs/events are able to then save costs to a big extent because they aren't paying anyone to manage it and the system is pretty good as its universal

Looks like the derby won't even be a sell out. Too many pissed of MH supporters will not be rocking up. Can you blame them?

Unless they are supporters who have to travel great distances then: Yes.

Like myself many posters on here have not altered their ususal exhausting Pre Christmas Derby Routine despite our Team's pathetic performances.

I will be traveling down from Rutherglen, will always do it regardless of our form.

From club website this morning:

Important Ticketing information for GA Members

For the first time the game is fully reserved seating at AAMI Park. This means that all GA members must reserve their seat before the match on the Ticketek website

Please enter the barcode on your membership card when choosing the specific seats.

If any GA members still have not reserved by Saturday, they can do so at the game from the ticket sales window at Gate E and F

For the first time the game is fully reserved seating at AAMI Park. This means that all GA members must reserve their seat before the match on the Ticketek website

Please enter the barcode on your membership card when choosing the specific seats.

If any GA members still have not reserved by Saturday, they can do so at the game from the ticket sales window at Gate E and F

Game not sold out ?

For the first time the game is fully reserved seating at AAMI Park. This means that all GA members must reserve their seat before the match on the Ticketek website

Game not sold out ? Papers quoted less then 2000 seats still available as of this morning.