Melbourne Football

Christmas derby 21st December 7:45ko

RedAndWhiteSoldier

Those Victory scumbags causing trouble behind the Yarraside completely sum up that club for me.

They spend so much time trying to get into us, whether verbally or physically, and the rest of their time boycotting their own side. They can talk about their larger fan base all they want but their attitude is that of a small time club, fucking disgusting stuff tonight.

It was disappointing to see families leaving before half-time because they clearly didn't feel safe, shit like this damages the game in this country.

Can someone explain why they were even allowed to buy tickets/sit there???

The business of making GA members reserve a seat for this match will have contributed. Once it was known that there were going to be empty seats at the Yarraside End then they were sold to whoever wanted to buy them. Hence the presence of MV supporters there.

This was a terrible mistake by Heart HQ. A cheap grab for a few dollars more. 

Our end of the stadium should be for Heart members only, even if there are empty seats. We shouldn't have to put up with Victory supporters in there causing problems.

• Like 5

So disappointed on so many levels, players clearly down on confidence and I for one can't blame them. Most of the squad are doing just enough to get by, there is no player doing anything extra.

Boznic's question too JA in the post match was the highlight for me..

What did he ask?

"Do you think you're the right man for the job?" I think...

What trouble was caused? I saw a victory supporter run up and down and that's all I managed to see...

Ran up and down, then started getting in peoples faces, beer was thrown, was dragged away by the police.

Second fan tried the same thing, threw his drinks on some heart fans and then was set upon by about 15, didn't see what became of him, was too busy trying to hold people back.

A third one tried it as well I'm pretty sure, not too mention the 30 or so scattered around who were getting right into us whenever they could

Edited by King Malta

Those Victory scumbags causing trouble behind the Yarraside completely sum up that club for me.

They spend so much time trying to get into us, whether verbally or physically, and the rest of their time boycotting their own side. They can talk about their larger fan base all they want but their attitude is that of a small time club, fucking disgusting stuff tonight.

It was disappointing to see families leaving before half-time because they clearly didn't feel safe, shit like this damages the game in this country.

The business of making GA members reserve a seat for this match will have contributed. Once it was known that there were going to be empty seats at the Yarraside End then they were sold to whoever wanted to buy them. Hence the presence of MV supporters there.

Our end of the stadium should be for Heart members only, even if there are empty seats. We shouldn't have to put up with Victory supporters in there causing problems.

exactly. Even if it looks shit, the seats are paid for in our memberships. We might not have the crowds, but at least look after the members you have.

It's official, we're carrying a lot of dead wood. Our players have gone to shit exemplified by Mate. The moment in the second half when he received a cross and chose to bring it down and the ball got away from him LOL. Should have tried a volley - I would have applauded the attempt even if he had have missed. Redders always makes me nervous when he's asked to kick from a back pass and so does GoHard. Murdocca ran his arse off for the team as did Aziz and Kalmar was good. But too many of our players fluff their lines at the very time that they need to produce the goods. Season well and truly over and time to plan for Hal 10.

Aloisi and Fox have spent a season and a half devolving our players

So disappointed on so many levels, players clearly down on confidence and I for one can't blame them. Most of the squad are doing just enough to get by, there is no player doing anything extra.

Boznic's question too JA in the post match was the highlight for me..

What did he ask?

Asked him if he should resign

Amazing to see the first per on in the media questioning Bambi

Very dissapointing night! Haven't felt this shit after a loss in quite some time, this one has really hurt. Kisnorbo's tackle was fkn shocking! Stay on your fkn feet Pain was running right into you and you basically threw the game away as soon you lunged in. Completely lost shape and motivation as soon as that red card happened and it was just hard to watch from then on. The first 20 minutes were really good and then Kisnorbo goes and throws away all our hard work and gives them 70 minutes with an extra man advantage. 

Also LOL at the victory idiots behind Yarraside if you act like smartasses to the people behind there expect to get belted you absolute idiots. We don't go do it down your end because we're not that stupid! So don't come down to our end and expect to stir shit and nothing to happen to you, you copped everything deserve you absolute idiots. 

• Like 5

Very dissapointing night! Haven't felt this shit after a loss in quite some time, this one has really hurt. Kisnorbo's tackle was fkn shocking! Stay on your fkn feet Pain was running right into you and you basically threw the game away as soon you lunged in. Completely lost shape and motivation as soon as that red card happened and it was just hard to watch from then on. The first 20 minutes were really good and then Kisnorbo goes and throws away all our hard work and gives them 70 minutes with an extra man advantage.

Also LOL at the victory idiots behind Yarraside if you act like smartasses to the people behind there expect to get belted you absolute idiots. We don't go do it down your end because we're not that stupid! So don't come down to our end and expect to stir shit and nothing to happen to you, you copped everything deserve you absolute idiots.

Amen

What pissed me off about that fight and malaise from that tard was that the whole active section turned and watched that rather than watch our team, when we almost had a penalty. We should have been behind our team not watching and cheering some fight. Who gives a fuck about that stupid tard. I'm disappointed with a lot of the crowd tonight. I wear on the left of bay 16 and it was fucking quiet

Patrick Gerhardt really impressed me post match when he came up to Yarraside, sometimes I feel as though he's the only one who gives a damn.

He was lucky to be on the park....his tackle was much worse that Kisnorbo and in reality we should have been playing with 9 men from 54th minute.

Goes to show lack of discipline from two of the most experienced players in the team....

Hope these new owners know something about the game and have bought a f&*king big broom....there is a lot of rubbish to be disposed of. 

Just got home. Very disappointing night, but scarily I don't feel losses anymore. Maybe it's from the combo of my last two years of sport basically being me alternate between watching the Heart lose and the Western Bulldogs lose, but even more scarily I don't feel hopeful about the Heart at all anymore.

On tonights match I thought the starting line up was decent. I was pleased we played Kalmar ahead of Migliorini and the rest of the side was best available in the positions. If you expected a different formation from Aloisi then you are an idiot, so atleast he picked the right players to fill out the side.

Thought we started well, but as per usual had nothing to show for it. Mifsud is so bloody annoying. He starts offside all the time and got done quite a few times tonight. It would be ok if he managed to use it to break through a few times, but from my point of view he creates chances not by timing his runs but rather from running on diagonals away from the defender into space which too often puts him to the side of the goal.

The sub of Mifsud for Gerhardt was a good call as a result. Mifsud as a wasteful opportunist was the least integral to the side.

The change should have been Williams to alternate with Kewell though through the striker role. I rate Williams as a striker (and a winger) and reckon he would have taken a bit of the load off Kewell, who would have been better served slightly higher up the park where his passing would come more into it than having to hold the ball while being harassed by two huge centre backs constantly.

We were unlucky (yeah yeah come at me) to go in down a goal, especially with the manner in which it was conceded. As is said a few posts above me Redmayne is so unassured receiving backpasses but that shank was almost as bad as Kewell's last week (maybe a little harsh).

I thought Kewell and Kalmar were good in midfield and Murdocca worked a lot better with options to pass the ball around with instead of being forced to go on aimless runs. It was nice to see creative passes along the ground that created chances instead of relying on long balls to the wingers.

The second half was much more disappointing. The game got away from us very quickly and we never quite looked capable of a sustained attack.

Kewell really struggled as the lone striker. He got a few Bronx cheers from the area I was in but tbh I don't think he did too much wrong. His first half was encouraging although he whinges a lot, and his second half he worked hard. Unfortunately we were asking a 34(?) year old who isn't big and isn't quick anymore to play as a lone striker, getting double teamed by two blokes much bigger than him and with very little support. He stuffed up that gather in the box and skied a ball on the left wing that he should have tapped through to Aziz. He was clearly exhausted and frustrated and I thought he performed well enough. 

If you are expecting more from a 34 year old who should be the cream instead of the whole fucking cake then you, just like Aloisi, are an idiot. He wasn't (and shouldn't have been) signed to be the star player for the side, but as someone who could add another dimension to our side.

Taking him off for Gol Gol was the right idea, and could have even be done 5 minutes earlier as he was clearly stuffed. Gol Gol however continues to be an incredible disappointment. For a player with lightning pace I've never seen him use it. He never breaks away but rather hovers over the ball with his long legs a bit like what Kalmar does. Also (and this is said every week) he was no work rate. We were stuffed 60 minutes in and Gol Gol needed to be a guy who helped pick up the slack and help pressure and run to create. Instead he moved less than the buggered wingers and barely had a touch as a result.

I was pleased with Dugandzic and Williams. They both worked hard and created some good chances. Williams was a bit quieter for much of the game than I would have liked but he was very good early and his cross to Dugandzic at the end there was sublime. Dugandzic has to hit that first time though. Even if his first touch was decent by the time he shot it would have been on a pretty sharp angle. Having said that one of them should have been taken off at the 70th minute mark. I don't care which, but they both were stuffed and whichever was left on would have benefitted from the run the fresh winger would provide.

That fresh winger would have been Ramsay.

You know, the really quick bloke who is very capable of running his guts out for 20 minutes and creating chances off the wing.

Meanwhile on the field you've asked your wingers to work their arses off to both create and pressure, but both are buggered after trying to compensate for the lack of a player.

Now wouldn't it be logical to swap one of those wingers out for the fresh Ramsay? Maybe give the rest of the side a little relief with a fresh quick bloke to take some of the load off?

Nah. In a match where our players worked their arses off to make up for Kisnorbo being sent off, Aloisi decides he doesn't have to make all 3 changes. Even when we are chasing a game and need to be the side creating chances through working hard.

Fucking idiot.

As for the rest of the side, Aziz was decent, Hoffman played his best game for the club, and Redmayne despite an absolute monumental fuck up pulled off some very good saves.

Now that I've got that off my chest I can move onto Christmas. Thank god.

• Like 3

The boy and his dad who I brought along from our soccer club left just before half time and caught the train home after the issue with the visitors supporter. I think the intensity of the derby crowd already had them a bit on edge being quite reserved folk, but the business with the tard tipped it for them and they decided to go home.

I will try and invite them for the Nux game as it will be a bit quieter.

Why do they let anyone with V*****y colours into the Southern End? Silly stuff.

Agree they should have left the Yarraside end for Heart supporters only, and making GA memberships need to reserve their seats was overall a terrible idea.

It was really just another cheap grab for money. 

And it seems that Heart have alienated some members with this terrible experiment. The idea that Heart would do something so rash that was bound to annoy/make problems for some of the few loyal members Heart have is mindboggling.

The boy and his dad who I brought along from our soccer club left just before half time and caught the train home after the issue with the visitors supporter. I think the intensity of the derby crowd already had them a bit on edge being quite reserved folk, but the business with the tard tipped it for them and they decided to go home.

because of the MONEY !!!

I remember a few derbies ago, we had two victory fans sitting IN the active area. One of the guys worked for the stadium or something and got tickets. Then they cracked the sads because they got splashed with beer and accidentally hit with a scarf during the 2nd thompson goal celebration. Said he was going to get us thrown out. hahahah yeah right, that wasn't going to end well if he tried.

They left because of that? Have they seriously been out of the house? Or they possibly watch golf on tv.

• Like 1

I was 2 meters away from the scramble in bay 16.

Victory idiot had a t shirt with picture of muscunt' tackle on Zahra with some derogative slogan with it, proud to show it.

He should have been punished harder then he was. AGC and vic pol dragged his sorry carcass out just in time

Victory idiot had a t shirt with picture of muscunt' tackle on Zahra with some derogative slogan with it, proud to show it.

He should have been punished harder then he was. AGC and vic pol dragged his sorry carcass out just in time

Cunt was lucky I could only hit him with a beer and no a flying kick

• Like 1

Cunt was lucky I could only hit him with a beer and no a flying kick Waste of the beer mate

He landed on the ground and got few sweet slaps and his shirt got ripped up....fkn filthy maggot parading on out side

He was so lucky cops dragged him out.

Lesson to the club

South is ours!!!!! No scum allowed!

Agree with a number of points made by the Aardvark and others. A pretty tough game to analyse.

I think the starting lineup was good enough. I reckon we actually had a good midfield for once, and we were better on the ball than I've seen for a long time. I think at the start we were edging it, although we weren't creating very good opportunities, but neither were Victory.

The Kisnorbo send off pretty much changed everything. I'm yet to see a replay and decide if it was an obvious red. I didn't think it was an obvious red when I saw it, but it was probably something that could be given. Kisnorbo IMO has too much of a Championship mentality about him. To be sure, I think he gives our defence some much needed strength, but I really don't think he has adapted enough to the A-League and it's refereeing, which is the fault of him and our coaching staff.

Unfortunately Mifsud was quickly replaced. Probably a legitimate change, but unfortunate that we couldn't see more from Mifsud, as in my opinion he was doing rather well (better than he did in his first few games), and he did seem to have a good connection with Kewell.

After that, we were holding on till the first goal. Redmayne really needs to work on his distribution, a key error with that goal.

Then after that it was largely downhill and business as usual.

I wanted the team to play with pride, and I can't say that too many players did. Arguably our foundation players, Kalmar, Hoffman and Behich, showed the most passion and were our best performers. They may not be highly paid VISA players, but they stood up and put in a good amount of effort IMO (not perfect games, but credit where credit is due). 

A complicated game all up. Still a bit stunned about it.

I reckon change will come soon enough. And thank goodness we finally get to play Wellington next round, and at AAMI park, after 11 long rounds (of course we should be up for every match, but I just want to see guys in red and white jerseys score and win). 

Edited by Murfy1

There is certainly a dull and desponded feel around the supporters on the south end.

Being 3 goals down, game was lost and even Kalmar's "lucky" goal failed to ignite the crowd.

Was feeling good with harry and kalmar together on the ground

it was shaping up to be a great derby

then that stupid tackle ruined the lot....

My personal favourite part was when emu was like 'hands up' and the 1,2,3, Clap chant started (no offence to you emu), and all the derby specials just kept there hands in the air cause they had no clue what was going on, was a pisser but so embarrassing. If you can stand and sing for 90 minutes, piss off and buy a ticket somewhere else. The dead middle section is killing us.

But apart from that game was pretty average, as expected though. Tough red, but on the replay it was a red unfortunately. But it all went shit from there. Redders what was he doing , we'll never know. 

Bottom of the table clash next week, gotta win that one for pride. 

Agree they should have left the Yarraside end for Heart supporters only, and making GA memberships need to reserve their seats was overall a terrible idea.

It was really just another cheap grab for money.

And it seems that Heart have alienated some members with this terrible experiment. The idea that Heart would do something so rash that was bound to annoy/make problems for some of the few loyal members Heart have is mindboggling.

At to add to it, the figure was no different to usual aami park derbies.

More $ in MHFC pocket, more Victory members there to out number the already smaller fan base and piss off existing fans.

Wins! O_o