Melbourne Football

All-Stars vs Juventus on 10th August 2014 at ANZ Stadium.

Nate

All-Stars vs Juventus on 10th August 2014 at ANZ Stadium.

Interesting, interesting.

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

Haha I agree, Juventus is a far more exciting prospect than United.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Del Piero's farewell game tbh

Yeah he will be chosen for the side if he's injury free. That would be the perfect ending I reckon, just hope tickets don't sell in 1 minute or Ticketek fucks up like last time.

any odds given for a Heart player making the All Stars???

Whatever they are I will take them...

They will make sure their is a Player from every A League team at least in the squad.

(Hence Willow getting a gig last time.)

fair enough Cadete, but I mean someone making it on merit !

I wonder if the old school dudes in Tweed at Zebras Games will head on tour:

JUVE!, JUVE!, JUVE!

All stars in with a chance, I don't think Juve will bother to cheat in a friendly, should be an easy win for All Stars if that's the case.

Everyone cheats in Italian Soccer - The best Cheater is in the Winner.

Just like Horse Racing: AKA this year's Melbourne Cup winning Trainer and Jockey. :up:

Edited by cadete

from the hersi article posted in the other sub forum

"Meanwhile, reports that Juventus have signed off on a deal to play against the A-League All-Stars in August ­appear premature.

It's understood a deal was close a fortnight ago, but the prospects appear to have receded because Juventus are likely to have more than a dozen players at next year's World Cup."

Lol what a waste of money and time. People are going to end up spending hundreds for a ticket, and end up seeig the All-Stars vs Juventus B team.

Gee, that hasn't happened before...

^^ This ^^

TBH none of these matches are much good – Which is why I am happy MHFC dont get involved in them...

As a Celtic Supporter I went to our games in Sydney and Melbourne: I would say that I had a good time at each but overall still felt a bit let down (Esp after the Melbourne game).

I went to the Liverpool match this year and was more amazed at how 100,000 supposed Soccer Fans could make less atmosphere than a Melbourne v Geelong game. (This being after they sang the words of a song displayed on the big screen – Which is for some reason the greatest thing to ever happen to Australian sport.)

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

Two Melbourne Heart players have been picked in the 32-man preliminary squad for the All-Stars game.

...Aziz Behich and David Williams.

Fuck me  :droy:

there's as good a confirmation as anyway that engelaar isn't coming back...

Pretty much. 

I couldn't give a shit about this game.

I doubt that Orlando does either, and he's probably relieved that he doesn't have to be involved, whether he's staying or not.

I'll watch it from the comforts of the lounge with a minor interest but in essence I agree, nothing beats genuine competitive football and these glamour friendlies are certainly anything but.

• 2 months later...

Haahahaha omg what a shit concept this "all stars" is.

oi pull your head in m8, ive been a fan of the a-league all stars since 2013 and i go to all there games even tho i never seen them win so just sayin im a true supporter so ill hav none of that bullshit cheers son

your just jealous that we have the best support in straya with an avg of 83000 and have a rivalry with manchester, so go get sum real support ya fuckn drongo

• Like 5

Haahahaha omg what a shit concept this "all stars" is.

oi pull your head in m8, ive been a fan of the a-league all stars since 2013 and i go to all there games even tho i never seen them win so just sayin im a true supporter so ill hav none of that bullshit cheers son

your just jealous that we have the best support in straya with an avg of 83000 and have a rivalry with manchester, so go get sum real support ya fuckn drongofuck you make a lot of 10/10 posts on here.

I luv ya m8. Gud on ya

• Like 1

Juve squad in, better than expected

http://www.a-leagueallstars.com.au/article/juventus-name-superstar-squad-for-sydney/9lfhucwb2wny1xguqu5zvt2k7

Goalkeepers:

Gianluigi Buffon, Marco Storari, Rubinho, Emilio Audero

Defenders:

Leonardo Bonucci, Marco Motta, Martin Caceres, Giorgio Chiellini, Angelo Ogbonna, Luca Marrone, Carlos Blanco

Midfielders:

Stephan Lichtsteiner, Romulo, Andrea Pirlo, Claudio Marchisio, Arturo Vidal, Simone Padoin, Paul Pogba, Roberto Pereyra, Patrice Evra, Kwadwo Asamoah, Simoe Pepe, Mattia Vitale

Strikers:

Fernando Llorente, Carlos Tevez, Sebastian Giovinco, Kingsley Coman, Sergio Buenacasa