Melbourne Football

Josip Tadic Thread

jw1739

I understand people wanting to see more of Josip, but why the sudden turn against D-Mac. He has been a strong influence up front for us holding the ball up and using it well even with the poor service and support he has been given.

Also, pre-season and in our first game he was scoring almost at will. Now people are calling for his head. Why?

I have said Tadic will come on for us, and I still believe he will. Our system might not allow both our strikers to play together, but it doesn't mean we need to rubbish one to elevate the other. D-Mac looked good when he came on against WSW, even if it was just getting in that blokes face. Tadic's performance speaks for itself.

There is room for both of them this season, and I think we need both of them.

Pre-season doesn't count for much considering the teams we were playing. If we're not playing visa players (assuming they're fit) in our first-choice team then surely it means our recruiting is not up to scratch? [That's why I don't understand the Steven Gray situation.] Therefore I would have thought we should be playing Tadic as our first choice CF. AFAIK he's here for one season? - if we don't use him we've wasted a whole lot of time and effort bringing him here.

Pre-season doesn't count for much considering the teams we were playing. If we're not playing visa players (assuming they're fit) in our first-choice team then surely it means our recruiting is not up to scratch? [That's why I don't understand the Steven Gray situation.] Therefore I would have thought we should be playing Tadic as our first choice CF. AFAIK he's here for one season? - if we don't use him we've wasted a whole lot of time and effort bringing him here.

Dead right pre season form doesn't count for much, especially considering the teams we usually play. If it did mean anything Hoffman would probably be best striker in the league

I believe the negative feelings towards D-Mac have a lot to do with the Tadic/D-Mac combo being incompatible together.

We got D-Mac on the cheap and think he offers good value off the bench/depth, just that he doesn't suit Tadic.

The pairs issues playing together is increased with the limited A-League bench.

I have no negative feelings towards D Mac.

And there are no issues with them playing together yet. Just that when they play together tadic is shoved out on the wing instead of playing 2 upfront

• Like 1

I have no negative feelings towards D Mac.

And there are no issues with them playing together yet. Just that when they play together tadic is shoved out on the wing instead of playing 2 upfront

Agreed that this is the problem, I get the feeling Tadic would better used as a Number 10 (Like Sibon) than on the wing when DMac is on the field.

Agreed that this is the problem, I get the feeling Tadic would better used as a Number 10 (Like Sibon) than on the wing when DMac is on the field.

I believe when Sibon was playing in that no.10 role we played the best football in the clubs history. I remeber thinking something was going to happen every time we had the ball.

I am in favour of having a 9/10 D-Mac/Tadic double. Just like when we had Sibon and JA playing together.

I believe when Sibon was playing in that no.10 role we played the best football in the clubs history. I remeber thinking something was going to happen every time we had the ball.

I am in favour of having a 9/10 D-Mac/Tadic double. Just like when we had Sibon and JA playing together.

I honestly think its the best solution for when Fred is out, to have DMAC as the Number 9 and Tadic as the Number 10 and Williams and Mate on the Wings.

Tadic is not a number 10 and JA needs to stop thinking he can play anywhere other than as a number 9.

Mate playing just behind the striker through the middle would work well. He did well in that position when he came on against CCM. He is active and dangerous between the lines. He goes missing out wide and isn't strong enough 1on1 against a defender.

Tadic is not a number 10 and JA needs to stop thinking he can play anywhere other than as a number 9.

Mate playing just behind the striker through the middle would work well. He did well in that position when he came on against CCM. He is active and dangerous between the lines. He goes missing out wide and isn't strong enough 1on1 against a defender.

Tadic has not shown what he can do as Number 10 yet and has apparently had some expeirence in that position overseas before, he has good touch which could be utlised in this position.

All I am saying is its worth a shot.

Spot on. I have been saying for a while that Mate is too isolated on the wing as Marrone isn't as attacking as Behich, hence our attacks tend to build more from the left side of the field than the right side. Mate played as a central attacker when at Knights & I remember seeing him dominate there on several occasions albeit at a lower level.

• Like 1

Mate is not a winger. He looked sharp when he came inside and replaced Fred, and he's a better striker than Fred as well. Leave him there, and play Tadic as 9.

The problem on the right is not so much whoever you put there as winger, but the fact that Marrone starves his winger by turning inside pretty well every time. This is why our attack is lop-sided and what JA has to fix in that respect.

So JW, would you like a midfield of Garcia, Dugandzic and Fred/Thompson/Grella/Germano, with Wiliiams and Garrucio flanking Tadic?

Add Golgol to the mix? Almost impossible to say because of fitness concerns. But if everyone was fit and firing I'd be tempted by Grella, Dugandzic and Fred in MF and Williams, Tadic and Garcia up front.

• Like 1

Add Golgol to the mix? Almost impossible to say because of fitness concerns. But if everyone was fit and firing I'd be tempted by Grella, Dugandzic and Fred in MF and Williams, Tadic and Garcia up front.

this line up is what I'd go with. With Vrankovic and Gray down back. Strongest line up we can put up out whilst playing a 4-3-3 imo.

Fully fit and firing squad for me would be

Bolton

Maronne vrankovic colisimo behich

Grella

Germano Fred

Mate tadic Garcia

Bench

Redmayne dmac gerhardt Williams

Provides cover from the bench for every position IMO. Garcia able to play any position in mf or lw allows Williams to cover lw if a player in a mf positions goes down.

Frustrating I can't put Gray in at cb for colisimo as I haven't seen him play and would love to drop colisimo as him and gerhardt combined are about the least composed cb pairing I've ever seen.

• Like 1

I would drop Garcia once Grella is fit.

We are a ball playing side therefore only a Fred & Thompson can compliment the ball playing Grella.

If Grella is still some time away, i would still drop Garcia for Gerhardt as the no. 6. He won a European double last season and is also an International. The boy can play. Why we have him as a central defender when a fit Steve Gray is on the bench is a ?

And this is why you are a pointless mascot.

• Like 2

When you have players from the Balkan part of the world, you play the ball to their feet. Tadic, like Babalj (and Kalmar, Dugandzic), is no different. Great touch and close ball control. Poor in the air. Get it to Tadic's feet and he'll do the rest.

The understanding with Garcia was also a highlight. You can tell both have played at a higher level and think on the same wavelength.

My best 11

-------------Redmayne ( I don't see how Bolton is any better)

---Behich----------Vrankovic----Gerhadt----------Marrone--

--------Grella--------------------------Germano----------------

------------------------Fred-------------------------------------

--Williams----------------------------------Garcia-------------

------------------------Tadic-----------------------------------

• Like 2

When you have players from the Balkan part of the world, you play the ball to their feet. Tadic, like Babalj (and Kalmar, Dugandzic), is no different. Great touch and close ball control. Poor in the air. Get it to Tadic's feet and he'll do the rest.

The understanding with Garcia was also a highlight. You can tell both have played at a higher level and think on the same wavelength.

My best 11

-------------Redmayne ( I don't see how Bolton is any better)

---Behich----------Vrankovic----Gerhadt----------Marrone--

--------Grella--------------------------Germano----------------

------------------------Fred-------------------------------------

--Williams----------------------------------Garcia-------------

------------------------Tadic-----------------------------------

You don't see Bolton as better? He was our player of the season! And you don't think he's better than some no name keeper who's never started?? Why?

• Like 1