Melbourne Football

Josip Tadic Thread

jw1739

Can't say I'm overly excited, seeing I've never heard of him, but hopefully JD and co know what they're doing.

Not sure the Melbourne public will be rushing to become a member of Heart to see Josip Tadic.....

comon natalie

look at all the signings from overseas in the league, over 90% of them are unknowns

as long as he does his job (scoring/creating goals) i'll be very happy

• Like 1

Josip Tadic looks solid. Impressive first two seasons scoring goals at Dynamo Zagreb, then went off the boil in his third season, giving him a deceptive but decent goal tally of 20 goals over 62 appearances. Sounds very good technically, as many players are who play at top Balkans clubs. Plus, Tadic was sought after and signed by respectable clubs such as Grenoble in France and Arminia Bielefeld in Germany.

I think he'll do the job. I reckon Didulica knows everything about Tadic as well, and believes he can prosper at Heart.

Sign him up.

P.S. on Owen, it is good for Heart just to have talks with Owen, which reportedly involved serious and drawn out discussions. Tadic and other European strikers would have thought more seriously about coming to Heart because we had talks with a high profile player like Owen.

• Like 2

Seems like the type of player who teams in the A-League should be targeting.

Obviously not as exciting as Owen, but looks the goods IMO.

And sorry to add to the bipolar feel of this place these days, but I think, although we've lost a tonne of players, we've recruited pretty well.

Gerhardt and Tadic both look promising, I believe Gol Gol will surprise a few this year and Steven Gray has grown on me a bit since his signing. (May have something to do with the revalation of his actual hight).

Regardless of whether you are worried about the exodus of young players or not, JD has managed to bring in a (potential) midfield general, a CF (both of these players in their prime might I add), an experinced CB and a young attacker with plenty of pace and potential.

All we need to do is build a better supporting cast.

• Like 1

Seems like the type of player who teams in the A-League should be targeting.

Obviously not as exciting as Owen, but looks the goods IMO.

And sorry to add to the bipolar feel of this place these days, but I think, although we've lost a tonne of players, we've recruited pretty well.

Gerhardt and Tadic both look promising, I believe Gol Gol will surprise a few this year and Steven Gray has grown on me a bit since his signing. (May have something to do with the revalation of his actual hight).

Regardless of whether you are worried about the exodus of young players or not, JD has managed to bring in a (potential) midfield general, a CF (both of these players in their prime might I add), an experinced CB and a young attacker with plenty of pace and potential.

All we need to do is build a better supporting cast.

Recruiting visa players that look good on paper isnt particularly challenging, the challenge will be now finding Australian players who are available to fill our other spots, especially at centre back.

Recruiting visa players that look good on paper isnt particularly challenging, the challenge will be now finding Australian players who are available to fill our other spots, especially at centre back.

What I meant by support cast. Our spine is pretty much set I think, except I don't want Colosimo starting. But right now we have no depth.

If we hadn't been seduced by the thought of Michael Owen in the last few days (especially natalie182!), I think we generally would've been happy by this signing. If we're not going to get a big name marquee, this is the sort of player that could be very good in this league. At 24 he could be a very solid A League striker for years to come. I'm happy.

Edited by Sash

Gerhardt, Gray and Tadic all have experience in title winning sides. Whether they're in big competitions or not, they can probably bring a winning mentality. So does Redmayne come to think of it. With Colosimo, Bolton and probably Thompson from our first year players. Now to get some coaches with title winning experience too.

JD and SM willing to confirm Josip on Twitter (but silent on the rest of Dautovic's article).

Hopefully becomes a goal scoring machine in the league. Interesting also to note that this is the second Croatian signing for the A-League this off-season, with Sydney also signing a Croatian striker.

If this deal goes through I think it could be good for our club. He is the right age, has experience and hopefully his body won't give way after six games.

If he is using Australia as a stepping stone to Asia, let's hope we get him on a contract that lands us a decent transfer fee if he leaves.

If this deal goes through I think it could be good for our club. He is the right age, has experience and hopefully his body won't give way after six games.

If he is using Australia as a stepping stone to Asia, let's hope we get him on a contract that lands us a decent transfer fee if he leaves.

Already confirmed mate!

For those interested

post-666-0-74578200-1342182682_thumb.jpg

Not great stats, would love to see FM 10 or even 09 stats if anyone still has the game installed.

One thing to note is that he was at Arminia Bielefeld the same time as Berisha, last year.

He joined in the second half of the season and scored 6 goals in 14 games, and Berisha only scored 2 in 18.

Edited by LR9

Cant really make a judgement off those attributes as he is heavily one footed in the game, which means his other attributes are a lot higher for a given ability level. Opened editor and checked the Febuary DB, he has a CA of 100, which is the same as Marrone and just slightly less than Germano who is 101.

I dont think we would be disappointed if he was on a similar level as those guys, but I am optimistic he will be even better IRL for us.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3

Well we now have our signing (although we still need another striker). This bloke looks alright, good at holding up the ball and setting up others (eg. Mate). Hopefully he is also good one on one and can score goals when receiving through balls as I believe we were weak in this area last season.

I am looking forward to seeing him in action.

His highlight reel consists of him getting bossed off the ball and misses sitters.

Croatian maycon?

Not really. From the highlights I watched he scored a fair amount of difficult goals. Has a good turn as well. Only complaint is that he doesn't seem that quick, which i'm okay with in all honesty.

Maycon was a nobody from a nothing league who was signed on the back of one competition's campaign. This is clearly a well respected player who has played visibly at a number of clubs and has made an impact. I have faith in the club and think he'll do well.

he's not extremely quick but he isn't slow by any means. Probably faster than babalj, and might give us a bit more mobility up front, hopefully he starts banging them in early in the season to get his confidence up.

Looks like he has a bit of flair about him from his videos which is good

Edited by heart_fan10