Melbourne Football

Josip Tadic Thread

jw1739

His highlight reel consists of him getting bossed off the ball and misses sitters.

Croatian maycon?

Per capita, Croatia is a better footballing nation than Brazil (srs), so even if he is the Croatian Maycon should still be better. But I highly doubt it as this guys has somewhat of a profile unlike Maycon.

Don't tell me we brought this guy from a you tube clip.

Why does it matter, you still won't buy a membership either way...

JD watched this guy play for Zagreb and Croatia for 3 years, pretty sure he knows a thing or two about him.

Edit: The signing guys of YouTube line isn't even funny anymore, yes, it used to happen but the league has learned from it...

Edited by LR9

Why does it matter, you still won't buy a membership either way...

JD watched this guy play for Zagreb and Croatia for 3 years, pretty sure he knows a thing or two about him.

Edit: The signing guys of YouTube line isn't even funny anymore, yes, it used to happen but the league has learned from it...

So just because I cannot afford a membership does that mean I am not entitled to an opinion?

We are a little touchy on this forum.

FYI 'you tube' videos are still used today. My comment related to my hope that videos are not our sole bases for purchasing players. I would hope some staff actually saw him play 'live'. Our track record with imports is a little low. I prefer an Aussie to an import.

Just because they have a foreign passport does not necessarily make them worthy.

If its a one year deal do we believe this acquisition is worth it? Was a transfer fee paid?

So just because I cannot afford a membership does that mean I am not entitled to an opinion?

We are a little touchy on this forum.

FYI 'you tube' videos are still used today. My comment related to my hope that videos are not our sole bases for purchasing players. I would hope some staff actually saw him play 'live'. Our track record with imports is a little low. I prefer an Aussie to an import.

Just because they have a foreign passport does not necessarily make them worthy.

If its a one year deal do we believe this acquisition is worth it? Was a transfer fee paid?

Mate, nobody here is going to buy your argument that you cannot afford a membership...

As for our Import Track Record I reckon we are actually tracking at around just over 50% in our success rate:

Sibon, Germano, and Fred all success stories.

Worm and Maycon being the failures.

Terra being line ball.

• Like 1

Sibon, Germano, and Fred all success stories.

Worm and Maycon being the failures.

Terra being line ball.

Was Worm really that bad? His work rate was fantastic and always tried 100%, i know he wasn't the best technically or skillfully but you always new you would get nothing short of 100% from him. I think our signings will be rated from Maycon - 10, Maycon being utterly useless!

And i can't way to see Tadic on the pitch, I'm very excited!

Edited by M-H-F-C

No, but the fact that you don't seem like you want to explore any potential options to buy a membership and support your club means that people are likely to not care about your opinion.

Will wait until I see Tadic in person to form any views. Good potential on paper. Don't like all these Berisha comparisons, his record in the past won't mean anything when he plays for us.

Edited by kingawesomeness

No, but the fact that you don't seem like you want to explore any potential options to buy a membership and support your club means that people are likely to not care about your opinion.

Will wait until I see Tadic in person to form any views. Good potential on paper. Don't like all these Berisha comparisons, his record in the past won't mean anything when he plays for us.

Again nobody can tell us how long his contract is. Nor can they tell us whether a transfer fee was involved.

I hope he does well, and I hope he scores plenty of goals, but I want to know whether we made a long term investment rather than attempting a quick fix. His record overall is good, but his record of late is questionable. Is this a move for the player or the club. Only time will tell. As mentioned before his only job is to score. If he scores I am happy. If not then was his purchase over walker ( or like) a benefit to the club.

Time will be the judge. I also hope a fitness test was performed prior to his signing.

Isn't it strange only a little amount of information has been released regarding his signing. Even victory announced the length of their contract for mark. What's to hide?

Re my ability to affor a membership- you posters need to mature a lot. The fact that I have even contributed over 80 posts suggest I am a keen heart supporter. When collingwood attract 80k to the game, when only 50k are members, does that mean 30k are not 'exploring' an interest in the club?

Again nobody can tell us how long his contract is. Nor can they tell us whether a transfer fee was involved.

I hope he does well, and I hope he scores plenty of goals, but I want to know whether we made a long term investment rather than attempting a quick fix. His record overall is good, but his record of late is questionable. Is this a move for the player or the club. Only time will tell. As mentioned before his only job is to score. If he scores I am happy. If not then was his purchase over walker ( or like) a benefit to the club.

Time will be the judge. I also hope a fitness test was performed prior to his signing.

Isn't it strange only a little amount of information has been released regarding his signing. Even victory announced the length of their contract for mark. What's to hide?

Re my ability to affor a membership- you posters need to mature a lot. The fact that I have even contributed over 80 posts suggest I am a keen heart supporter. When collingwood attract 80k to the game, when only 50k are members, does that mean 30k are not 'exploring' an interest in the club?

FFS how is this signing preventing from putting Walker on a base contract?

Collingwood FC is not fighting for survival, forum posts are not going to make Heart financially stable are they?

FFS how is this signing preventing from putting Walker on a base contract?

Collingwood FC is not fighting for survival, forum posts are not going to make Heart financially stable are they?

So why haven't we signed walker yet? What's the hold off?

Is heart fighting for survival? what information do you have that suggests we will fold? That's a bold statement!

Counter argument 're forum posts not going to make ......... ' has no relevance to my argument.

You're an idiot if you think the club will still be around in the years to come unless we come into to more money and support.

So if I dont buy a membership we will fold?

Maybe we will fold if we spend more that we earn.

Back to topic please.

Still want to know how long the contract is, and what he may be on?

His contract details were in the latest email to members

I never got those details. I was a member last year. I don't get many emails from heart come to think about it. I wasn't even informed about the forum held at la tribe Uni. Buts that's another issue. Seems like many people dont get regular communications from the club (based on other posts)

So how long is his contract? herald sun doesn't mention it. If it was made public why was it not mentioned in the Media press release.

Disappointing to read some of these comments. Clearly the off-season is too long.

Who on earth do some of the naysayers think we could have signed with the ridiculous wages and contracts being put forward by players' agents lined up against our club budget? We have signed a bloke who has a sound record for the Croatian U-21 side, the Croatian and Polish Leagues, the 2.Bundesliga and the French League. Precisely the sort of player that I, for one, expected us to sign. Players all go through good and not-so-good patches. It's not only them, it is the players around them and the style of play that their coach is adopting. Tadic has been and will be no different.

Jeez, people have short memories. They're talking up Gerald Sibon. I agree - great player whom we should have kept for another season, but it's only two years ago about 10 matches into our first season that the Heartcast boys Lachlan and Zac were calling for Sibon to be benched. If you don't believe me dig out the tapes and listen.

IMO Tadic is a good signing, right age, suits what Heart need up front. Give the guy time to pull on his boots before whining about the length of his contract or what wages he might be on.

• Like 5